Brink - $5 + Free Weekend

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone interested in playing? The game was pretty piss poor at launch but I've read they've done some good patching but unfortunately UT3-Syndrome turned it into a ghost town and it was too late.

The game was solid but needed a cohesive team atmosphere, should get some games going!

I unfortunately paid a higher price for it around release, and this was about as good an investment as Star Wars Galaxies collectors edition was. IMHO do yourself a favor and save the $5. Even better, just repeatedly punch yourself in the face for 5 minutes straight and burn a $5 bill...that would probably provide more entertainment value, and still hurt less than playing this game.

Just my opinion :)

Just isn't enjoyable enough to finish the campaign. They should have done a single player campaign that initiates you into the multiplayer. Instead its just a series of multiplayer matches. I was actually sitting there watching a cutscene trying to get a grip on the story and it cuts halfway through to another match, which I didn't enjoy.

I think the game was fun when I picked it up mid-summer, BUT...

I checked Steam stats two days ago and this was not in the top 100 games being played. Number 100 had 299 people playing, so this had less than that.

I wouldn't buy it. Two weeks from now, nobody will be playing any more.

Is it any good in single-player? I don't mind playing with/against bots...

No, not really. The bots are not very bright. Given that the game is objective based, and not just death match, stupid bots don't work so well.

All in all it was just a swing and a miss.

No, not really. The bots are not very bright. Given that the game is objective based, and not just death match, stupid bots don't work so well.

Damn. Thanks for the feedback :cool:.

. Even better, just repeatedly punch yourself in the face for 5 minutes straight and burn a $5 bill...that would probably provide more entertainment value, and still hurt less than playing this game.

Just my opinion :)

This. Feed the $5 to your dog or burn it, either way it'll be more fun than playing Brink.

Can't believe people pre ordered and paid $50 for this game.

Last game I pre ordered was Frontlines Fuel of war and i'm glad i made that decision cause after that never made any pre orders because games fail and that's the truth. Well there are exceptions lol

How could they be worse than what was in Quake 3? I played many many hours against those bots and had fun!

I was hoping this would be a new arena shooter :(

How could they be worse than what was in Quake 3? I played many many hours against those bots and had fun!

I was hoping this would be a new arena shooter :(

The AI in this game is worse than that of Quake 1, much less Quake 3. You can sit at a 70-90 degree angle to the side of the bots and just mow them down, they won't even look at you.

This is the second or third Brink free weekend they've had. Bethesda/ZeniMax must be pushing hard to get copies sold.

I went to the store page on Steam to see who made the game and under "Recommended by your friends", one friend wrote: "DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, TOTALY AWFUL". LOL

Id like to know what exactly about this game is so terrible?

All I've heard is THIS GAME SUX. THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE. but nobody really gave any reasons.

We know it had a terrible launch. Much like UT3. but NOW... what is so bad about it?

So for two days this thread grew with people bitching that the game sucked with no real reason about why it sucked.

SUCKED!!!!
HORRIBLE!
WORST GAME OF THE YEAR!!
IT WAS FREE AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

You guys contributed alot to discussion. Good job.

Hate of this game is overblown.

I'm lukwarm. I'm neither hot nor cold.

That's the problem: The game is utterly unremarkable and mostly, completely forgettable.

The problem with it is for me: I played it, I kind of liked it, then I suddenly got bored and completely lost interest. There wasn't any one thing it just happened. I didn't feel like playing it and I couldn't make myself play it any more so off the hard drive it went.

I can't put my finger on it but there's a certain way the gameplay feels and the way things come together that just doesn't grab me in a satisfying manner. The gunplay just doesn't feel satisfying to me and that's the most critical element in an FPS. The gameplay as a whole just doesn't feel quite right. I wish I could be more specific.

The game is oozing with potential. I think a lot of people can see that right away when they fire it up. They just didn't nearly capitalize on it enough IMO.

Hell, it's so cheap now, you could do worse if you want to try it out.

I wonder what another good 6 months worth of work would have been like on this? You really could have had some kind of stellar FPS/RPG Lite thing going.

Maybe for Brink 2, which you all know as well as I do, is probably at least a 50/50 possibility. ;)

So for two days this thread grew with people bitching that the game sucked with no real reason about why it sucked.

SUCKED!!!!
HORRIBLE!
WORST GAME OF THE YEAR!!
IT WAS FREE AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

You guys contributed alot to discussion. Good job.

It is one of those games that is so bad, it has not a single redeeming quality. The game is so abjectly bad it isn't even worth spending the time and energy to write a proper critique. This is coming from someone who hated all the knee-jerk overblown reactions to Crysis 2 and actually enjoyed the SP campaign and graphics of that game.

It is one of those games that is so bad, it has not a single redeeming quality. The game is so abjectly bad it isn't even worth spending the time and energy to write a proper critique. This is coming from someone who hated all the knee-jerk overblown reactions to Crysis 2 and actually enjoyed the SP campaign and graphics of that game.

I enjoyed Crysis 2 SP with the dx11 support and hi rez textures as well...but it's hard to describe the suckage in Brink, because there's just so much. If you must, download it for yourself and see...just remember we told you so!

I don't know what about this game I despise. I never got to the multiplayer as the bots were so retarded that I was sick of the game in about 20 minutes. I spent forever customizing my character's look to never see him again was another put off. I also think I was kinda pissed that some of the rewards for playing were more cosmetic gear that I would never see as it is a fps game.

I played the first free weekend and those were my experiences with it. Maybe if I didn't have a ton of great games to play that were fun I would have given it a better review. But compared to the other AAA+ titles I own this game didn't stay on my hard drive the entire free weekend.

I don't know what about this game I despise. I never got to the multiplayer as the bots were so retarded that I was sick of the game in about 20 minutes.

I'll agree, the bots are dumb on the lower levels. Set up the difficulty and they can get tougher. But this was almost certainly meant to be an online game. Playing with people will give you a much better experience. there is still a small multiplayer community.

are there mods for this game?

I for one liked it. The graphics are good. Gameplay is a mix between tactical and run and gun. Still objective and team based. It doesnt overly acel is any of those areas but for $5 is entertaining.

It is one of those games that is so bad, it has not a single redeeming quality. The game is so abjectly bad it isn't even worth spending the time and energy to write a proper critique.

Whole heatedly disagree. but we all have opinions.

Back