Bring the L2420P to North America!

10e

2[H]4U
I started this thread for TDoran1 to put all his good info and help cheer on the process of us all "convincing" LG into bringing the L2420P to North America.

It will make it easier to reference a single thread than have a smattering of posts elsewhere with snippets of info on this potentially wonderful new screen.

So go nuts TDoran1 :)

The Title of This Thread Should Be:

Bring the LG W2420P / W2220P to North America!!!!

As of today, Monday July 27th, 2009 LG Electronics USA, Inc. has not decided whether they will import to the US, and/or Canada, one, both or none of the two new models that are IPS panel based, the W2420P / W2220P.

To encourage LG Electronics USA, Inc. to import both of these models (W2420P / W2220P) to the US, and Canada, every interested (and it should be all of us) forum member should send two emails, one to their local LG Electronics USA, Inc. representative with a copy of the email to LG Electronics USA, Inc.’s David Suaviso, Jr. - Eastern Territory Sales Manager, Channel Sales - Business Solutions Division supporting importation of both models.

http://www.lgcommercial.com/contact-us/

Check "Channel Sales" and "LCD TV and Monitors"

Also you can you can use "Find my LG Contact" Select your state and "Channel", this will give you direct email, telephone, and fax numbers for the LG representative in your state, and please let him know! Here is the link for "Find my LG Contact", also please CC David Suaviso, Jr. on all emails :

http://www.lgcommercial.com/find-my-lg-contact/

LG Electronics USA, Inc.
1000 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs
New Jersey. 07632
Telephone 201-816-2000

David Suaviso
Regional Account Manager
Office: 631-266-2215
Fax: 631-980-3738
[email protected]

Very detailed (in German - but the specifications are "clear") PDF and other details of the new LG W2x20P e-IPS product line can be found at:

http://de.lge.com/about/mobile/mobil/read_04_PRO|NEWS_7035_1_read_ROOT.jhtml

And you can then download many specification files regarding the W2420P / W2220P!

PLEASE SEND THOSE EMAILS TODAY !!!!!

Thanks,

Tim

Last edited:
why do you need a 23"? Just curious why that 1" difference is important.

why do you need a 23"? Just curious why that 1" difference is important.

There is that new NEC due in OCT for EU, 23" IPS 16:9/1080p/1200x1080p, but as yet LGE has not announced any model this size, nor has LGD added this panel to their public catalog.

Tim

Go to the LG site, get a rep in free 'online-chat', and tell him/her how you feel... that there are many, many 'enthusiasts' in the U.S. who want to compare that LG to the HP 'LP2475w' and the new 24" Dell due soon...before they decide what to buy...

DO IT NOW.... :)

wasnt L2420P cancelled?

For EU MARKET ONLY LG W2x20P PRODUCT LINE CANCELED by LGE DE (Germany).

LG W2x20P product line now in production for "home market" (Korea).

At one time before a major LG / LGE reorganization a few years back LGE DE (Germany) did control LGE global display catalog and what market got what. This is no longer true.

Tim

so you guys saying

W2420P - 24", 1920 x 1200 resolution, 5ms G2G response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles. This model comes in a silver finish. Interestingly this appears to be the first 1080p IPS based 22" model in the market

still can be available??????

Go to the LG site, get a rep in free 'online-chat', and tell him/her how you feel... that there are many, many 'enthusiasts' in the U.S. who want to compare that LG to the HP 'LP2475w' and the new 24" Dell due soon...before they decide what to buy...

DO IT NOW.... :)

Careful here, there dozens of LG sites, many in the US, however, as far as I know the one that handles the displays (monitors) does not have an online chat ability.

http://www.lgcommercial.com/channel/

and

http://www.lgcommercial.com/find-my-lg-contact/

Where "sales division" would always be "Channel".

Tim

To those in the North America, could be! Gotta let them know you want it. There's still time, hurry and e-mail/call/whatever and let them know!

I'm personally looking forward to the 22" model. 1920x1200 on a 22" screen will be craaaaaazy.

I emailed twice to LG, no response.

Marketing US does not make final decision, only proposal to management, a "pick-up" like this from LGE's global catalog wil have to at least get input from LGE HQ Korea, if not explicit approval.

Regulatory is another concern, cost/time to FCC, UL, CSA et al test and obtain approval.

Tim

LG W2x20P product line now in production for "home market" (Korea).

Are you sure that these models are in production? I've searched on the Korean LG websites and Korean online computer retailers, and nowhere I saw those models. Unless in Korea, LG electronic goes be a different name like their cellphones.

Are you sure that these models are in production? I've searched on the Korean LG websites and Korean online computer retailers, and nowhere I saw those models. Unless in Korea, LG electronic goes be a different name like their cellphones.

They are in production. A usual China plant I believe.

Tim

How soon can we expect to see these monitors?

Last edited:
tdoran1...

Just curious, why haven't you purchased the HP LP2475w? Hoping that LG has better specs? Or...?

I'm 'on the fence' right now....

tdoran1...

Just curious, why haven't you purchased the HP LP2475w? Hoping that LG has better specs? Or...?

I'm 'on the fence' right now....

Color, quality control issues with HP LP2475w, as HP seems to be assembling them all over the place, waiting for LGE, need more than one (one better color fidelity - one must have clear sharp text). Thus I am using the new Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP that is S-PVA for the text purposes, plus I obtained for $ 412.00 with "free shipping" less 10% plus local taxes.

The Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP and HP LP3075w (getting ready for launch) has pretty much the same connectivity, whereas the HP LP2475w besides the color and quality control issues is not as full featured as far as connectivity. And the new LGE W2420P seems to be the best all arround, now only if we can get LGE NA (New Jersey) to import the line.

Tim

And the new LGE W2420P seems to be the best all arround, now only if we can get LGE NA (New Jersey) to import the line.Tim

You know this for sure? What is your basis for that conclusion, or is it more of a hope?

For us, going to the 24" is strictly for enjoyment, as we are big 'FPS' gamers online. BUT, I don't want to go 24" and then have less color accuracy and text-clearness, as I read a great deal on the computer. We have the 20" Dell model 2001FP currently. (about 4 yrs. old)

You know this for sure? What is your basis for that conclusion, or is it more of a hope?

For us, going to the 24" is strictly for enjoyment, as we are big 'FPS' gamers online. BUT, I don't want to go 24" and then have less color accuracy and text-clearness, as I read a great deal on the computer. We have the 20" Dell model 2001FP currently. (about 4 yrs. old)

It is mixture of "both", it being with fairly new LGD IPS panel should have fairly good color control and balance, "input lag" that might impact high-rate "FPS" is an unknown as there will be some signal manipulation / processing, and this alone could introduce some "overhead", connectivity should be "outstanding".

These forums are "broken up" to three types of uses as a generality, high-rate "FPS", professional color balance / fidelity requirements, and general usage, these new LGE displays should come close to satisfying all three.

Tim

E-mail sent to Suaviso:

Based on the specs I have seen on the World Wide Web I am very interested in the LG L2420P 24" sRGB gamut eIPS screen.

Many enthusiasts would be interested in such a screen. The latest 22" LG eIPS based screen from Dell is now on back order simply due to enthusiast demand. I own one of these and love it. All my main screens at home use LG IPS based panels, and am an avid monitor enthusiast who often advises both my corporate colleagues and friends on screens that they should buy.

Bring us LG quality, charge us a reasonable price, and I guarantee you will have a sales "hit" on your hand.

Thanks very much for reading this and have a great day.

Bring us LG quality, charge us a reasonable price, and I guarantee you will have a sales "hit" on your hand.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but I think the Dell 2209WA fits all those requirements, unless you're specifically talking about 24" options. I love my 2209WA - except for the overabundance of brightness, it's a near perfect monitor.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but I think the Dell 2209WA fits all those requirements, unless you're specifically talking about 24" options. I love my 2209WA - except for the overabundance of brightness, it's a near perfect monitor.

Dell 2210WA may have HDMI, but the Dell 2209WA does not at present.

Tim

I will be sending an email to LG Canada since I would like this monitor as well.

Has anyone heard anything about the Dell 2410WFP though? I heard it's supposed to use the LG eIPS panel or something? :S

Edit: Found the post, it was actually by tdoran1 himself. :p

If LG doesn't bring their monitor here, they will definately loose a lot of business to Dell.

... And also to HP, specifically the LP2475w...

I do not know about to the HP, look at some of the issues, some people have gone through several "swaps", right now it seems to be that the EU assembly points have less QC than the assembly points used for US distribution, but this is concerning.

Tim

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of that...

The question is, how much of it is real....meaning, are we simply reading the same few posts over and over again, re-posted/repeated by different people at various 'tech' forums....

I don't think we ever can know for sure...

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of that...

The question is, how much of it is real....meaning, are we simply reading the same few posts over and over again, re-posted/repeated by different people at various 'tech' forums....

I don't think we ever can know for sure...

I think the problem is "real", HP is playing firmware of the day, firmware of the week, some better, some really bad. Yes, Dell is "slipping" on QC a bit, but then everyone seems to be these days even if they are a registered ISO QC shop.

Tim

The 2209wa doesn't do 16:9 scaling, and can't do 1080p. Two flaws, each of which are dealbreakers on their own for a lot of people.

Yes, Dell is "slipping" on QC a bit, but then everyone seems to be these days even if they are a registered ISO QC shop.

Tim
ISO really doesn't mean much to me. It just means you follow a certain step order when doing things. The quality of how you do those steps is a completely different matter.

Yes it does, and I love mine as well, and I don't have a noticeable color temperature shift horizontally, nor excessive brightness, but I would love if it had a 16:9 or aspect ratio scaling mode, and 1920x1200 resolution, or at least 1080p

Other than those two things, it's as good as it gets especially for the price.

I suppose I'm in the minority. I actually like the 1680x1050 rez which is partially why I bought it. I don't think bigger (or finer pixels) is always better. Leave it to those marketing folks to make us think so. My graphics card works hard enough.

I agree on the 1:1 pixel ratio or 16:9 mode though, but I don't use it with a gaming console.

Back