Brief blank screens during gaming on a 660 Ti

Vexorg

[H]ard|Gawd
A couple of weeks ago I put together a new PC for my living room using an EVGA GeForce GTX660 Ti that came out of my desktop PC as the video card. For the most part things are working OK, but while gaming, I have found that on occasion while playing games it will go to a blank screen, and come back a second or two later with no apparent ill effects or any indication of a driver crash (I also don't see any sort of "no signal" indicator on the TV I have the system hooked up to.). I also see blank screens briefly when coming out of full screen on YouTube videos and at other times. Any ideas what might be going on?

The system is running a Haswell Core i5 on an ASRock H97 motherboard (stock cooler, no overclocking) with a 540w Seasonic power supply. I have it hooked up to my big TV through HDMI.

It's still likely the TV thats the issue. I saw the same things going on with both an SLI 770 2gb setup and my 980 hooked up to my living room TV. It has something to do with the amount of time the TV takes to respond to a signal (yet it won't respond with a no signal msg) without it displaying the signal because the TV does detect the fact that its "going" to be recieving a signal shortly. what resolution are you using on your living room TV? This could also have an affect on this same situation.

The resolution of the TV is 1080p (It's a Sony KDL60W630B), I will have to look through the TV settings to see if something there is doing this.]

Back