Bridging two adapters no internet access

Hitti2

Limp Gawd
Router: ARRIS TG1682G
RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Intel® PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter

I have tried
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-a-network-bridge-windows

Between the intel & realtek adapters, I get no internet access.

I manually set IP and DNS configuration under the bridge adapter but no luck.

Any clues?

Edit:
Oh yea, bridging kills wireless on the router till I delete the bridge.

What are you trying to bridge and accomplish?

Are you trying to bridge these connections to have another device connect to your computer to get internet access?

Trying to bridge to have 2000gbps
Conmecton1
Connection2 connected to 1000gbps each port of the router

C1 to port1
C2 to port2 of the router. = bridged

For one, I get no internet access, even with manual setting of gateway/ip/etc/dns/etc.

For two, when bridged the two network adapters, the wireless on the router gets killed.

That's not a bridge. You're talking about teaming adapters. This generally requires a special driver and identical NICs.

That's not a bridge. You're talking about teaming adapters. This generally requires a special driver and identical NICs.
SN7IvJV.png

4NMB6Va.png

Trying to bridge to have 2000gbps
Conmecton1
Connection2 connected to 1000gbps each port of the router

C1 to port1
C2 to port2 of the router. = bridged

Just no. You must not have even read the article you linked if you thought doing this would get you a 2000 connection.

Last edited:
Point is, bridging doesn't work. You guys ain't helping a bit but complaining.

OP you are trying to do something different.

Bridging network adapters is a method of passing through traffic to connect two networks together, it's literally the first sentence in the article you posted:

"A Network Bridge is a hardware or a software, that connects two or more networks – maybe one a wired one and the other a wireless one – so that they can communicate with each other."

What you are talking about is link aggregation (LACP), or NIC teaming.

Well, it took a lot of digging for teaming nics. and well, I read if you have one intel nic you can team well the goddamn driver for my intel nic is by microsoft "basic" shit.

Some guy came up with a way to update the interl nic with a vista driver then a after word update with win7x64.exe and adds features that belong to it.
Take a small read.
https://communities.intel.com/message/75558#75558
YIyHV47.jpg

Turned out I couldn't team realtek and intel and it has to be both intel. sux. I tried vlan, same thing as bridging did, no internet access. I gave up and took out the intel card. It's a good card but my onboard is newer.

Just doing my rounds today and had to skim through this thread again for a quick lol as I'm dealing with some frustration with my local ISP.

Back