Brazilian Court Orders YouTube Taken Down

HardOCP News

[H] News
A Brazilian court has ordered YouTube to be shut down until it removes a video of some celebrity having sex with her boyfriend from the site. Wow, the whole site taken down?

Cicarelli and boyfriend Tato Malzoni filed to force YouTube to take the video down and demanded $116,000 in damages for each day the video remains up. Some copies of the video have been taken off the site but users have reposted it.

Do rulings like this make anyone else want to point and the judge and laugh?

I mean really, what the hell are they going to do about it? They had sex in public and someone recorded it, now a Brazilian judge is trying to order YouTube shutdown? GOOD LUCK.

Wow, the whole site taken down?

I think they just need to put it on the front page with a huge middle finger picture next to it. This is the same as the RIAA suing allofmp3 in a us court....

She's more homely than Mick Jagger. I wouldn't wanna see her naked, let alone romping.

I think that Brazillian Judge is out of His/Her(I don't know If the article said if the Judge was male or female) Jurisdiction, As YouTube is based in the USA(San Bruno CA according to the Wikipedia, See the link here) and not Brazil, So I too will say as others have said, Good Luck, The people makin the Lawsuit would have to file a Lawsuit in the USA with Local Lawyers, Otherwise forget about It. :D

Didn't the Brazillians already try and go after google earlier about another of their services?

Didn't the Brazillians already try and go after google earlier about another of their services?

Yes and YouTube / Google knuckled under then too.

Google is notorious for fighting the US government tooth and nail but turning over like a kitten for foreign countries so they can do business there. You'll remember that last time, Google coughed up information on people who posted racist / sexist comments on websites because the Brazillian government threatened Google. The company also knuckled under to China's demands and so on...

If Google says "big finger" to this judge, it'd be cool....BUT...I wouldn't expect it. They will no doubt comb YouTube (which will be "down for maintence") and make the courts happy.

I think that Brazillian Judge is out of His/Her(I don't know If the article said if the Judge was male or female) Jurisdiction, As YouTube is based in the USA(San Bruno CA according to the Wikipedia, See the link here) and not Brazil, So I too will say as others have said, Good Luck, The people makin the Lawsuit would have to file a Lawsuit in the USA with Local Lawyers, Otherwise forget about It. :D

International laws allows courts to reach forgeign companies. So it's entirley possible. I've always wondered where you tube would end up at as anyone can post videos and sometimes those videos could be in question.

I think it's possible to recieve some settlement from you tube and will probably result as such.

Hey OP you forgot to link the You Tube video itself. :D

That's what I'm thinking.

Well I found it under Youtube and under Google Video.

Good luck trying to get a personal recording of a PUBLIC event taken down :)

Next time, don't screw in public?

creating a fuss about will just put it on every video site on the god damn internet.

publicity stunt?

i wonder how much sand she got in her vagina.

her face is an example of plastic surgery gone wrong. her tits look oddly done too

Pretty tame by net standards, heh, with all this brewhaha more people then ever will be looking for it.

Brazil ordering YouTube taken down is like RIAA ordering allofmp3.com taken down. Good luck!

Brazil ordering YouTube taken down is like RIAA ordering allofmp3.com taken down. Good luck!

My sentiments exactly. Funny thing is when i tried to get on Youtube the search has been "temporarily disabled". Interesting. :confused:

Back