Brave

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
A developer/technical preview of the new browser by the ex-Mozilla CEO is available. It's called Brave.

Brave Software

Still in a very basic form but worth playing with if you're interested. It's already very fast, seems quicker than Vivaldi. It also has some interesting customization options like "https everywhere" where it rewrites to https version if available. It also has some built in support for password managers. It also has ways that pay you in BitCoin for viewing ads.

In a personal rant, unfortunately, like other Chromium based browsers there is no bookmark menu (I don't like bootmark toolbars). Stuck with Firefox unless this is added.

Last edited:
Been using the mobile version and I like it. I like the idea of having the little bubble thing.

Been testing it basically since version 0.1 and I'm still not all that impressed with it. Considering the developer heritage aka who's in charge I had seriously hoped it would adopt some aspects of Firefox and it hasn't so far and may never do so. It's nice to see alternatives but, Firefox remains my "browser" of choice since it's so customizable and modifiable that it's really a framework to start with in my opinion. I know that Chrome extension support is being added slowly but, that just pales in comparison to what's available for Firefox.

Been testing it basically since version 0.1 and I'm still not all that impressed with it. Considering the developer heritage aka who's in charge I had seriously hoped it would adopt some aspects of Firefox and it hasn't so far and may never do so. It's nice to see alternatives but, Firefox remains my "browser" of choice since it's so customizable and modifiable that it's really a framework to start with in my opinion. I know that Chrome extension support is being added slowly but, that just pales in comparison to what's available for Firefox.
I use very few extensions in FF, but I agree on the customization piece. I want to be able to adjust my UI, add/remove buttons, have a bookmarks drop down, etc.

Performance wise, the browser is fantastic that I've seen.

Back