Brand spanking new headsets from Logitech G633 and G933

I just picked up the Logitech G933s. Ill try them out and report back.

Quick update: I'm currently charging the battery on the G933 but I went ahead and connected the headset passively to my smartphone (with the 3.5mm analog cable) and all I can say is WOW! The quality of the audio is fantastic. You will not be disappointed if you're interested in listening to music on these headphones. As per the comfort level so far it's very good. The padding on the ear cups is some kind of memory foam with a material cover. The same is used for the headband. I've had them on for about an hour and there is zero discomfort. They also don't warm your ears as much as closed back headphones that use leather. I'll post another update once I connect them wirelessly to my gaming PC.

Can I ask how wide your head is and if you use glasses? (I suffer from both :p)

Not doing a platform upgrade this year. Graphics upgrade or not (either way) will be sorted out soon. Memory already upgraded. This leaves storage and audio the only places left to play around with this year.

Can I ask how wide your head is and if you use glasses? (I suffer from both :p)

Not doing a platform upgrade this year. Graphics upgrade or not (either way) will be sorted out soon. Memory already upgraded. This leaves storage and audio the only places left to play around with this year.

I wouldn't say that I have a large head but the G933s should fit you with no problems. As per wearing glasses while using them again I see no issues. The ear cups are wrapped in a soft fabric type material and the clamp force isn't that strong so the arms of your glasses won't get pressed up against your head. The one thing I will say is that these headphones are HUGE!!! Basically it's "landing an F16 on a aircraft carrier" huge! :D

Thanks. This thing had some interesting featured when I saw it announced so wanted to look into it a bit.

Price point combined with the current exchange though ($300 :eek:)

Just picked up g933 and can't wait to play with those today evening. Now I use it from Linux Mint for Skype teleconferences and Linux recognized them right away and those work great.

Just picked up g933 and can't wait to play with those today evening. Now I use it from Linux Mint for Skype teleconferences and Linux recognized them right away and those work great.
Well, since this thread showed up...

I have both the 633 and 933, I've only opened the 633 since I'm a wired kinda person. For gaming, they do their job with the virtual surround stuff (make sure that you have the latest Logitech Gaming software for Windows), but I admittedly use the 633 and it's analog cable to make phone calls for work through my Nexus 5. The mic on the analog line picks up very well and very clearly.

I assume you're using the USB connection, surely the mic attached to the headset is good. I'd love to be in a video conference with these things on my head, maybe I should spay paint them caution orange...

Well, since this thread showed up...

I have both the 633 and 933, I've only opened the 633 since I'm a wired kinda person. For gaming, they do their job with the virtual surround stuff (make sure that you have the latest Logitech Gaming software for Windows), but I admittedly use the 633 and it's analog cable to make phone calls for work through my Nexus 5. The mic on the analog line picks up very well and very clearly.

I assume you're using the USB connection, surely the mic attached to the headset is good. I'd love to be in a video conference with these things on my head, maybe I should spay paint them caution orange...

After using G933 wireless for a week I think they are great. I disabled cool but gimmicky led light to prolong battery life. I use them for work for teleconferences over Skype and for online games like Rainbow Six Siege with my clan. The big improvement from my previous creative and logitech wireless gaming headsets is that g933 never loose signal in the middle of action. The bad thing is auto off feature. Or may be it is good. It is annoying when headset auto off after 5 min of silence and you need to touch it to turn it on. From the other hand I sometimes forget to switch it off and this feature saves battery.

After using G933 wireless for a week I think they are great. I disabled cool but gimmicky led light to prolong battery life. I use them for work for teleconferences over Skype and for online games like Rainbow Six Siege with my clan. The big improvement from my previous creative and logitech wireless gaming headsets is that g933 never loose signal in the middle of action. The bad thing is auto off feature. Or may be it is good. It is annoying when headset auto off after 5 min of silence and you need to touch it to turn it on. From the other hand I sometimes forget to switch it off and this feature saves battery.
There was a firmware update that added the ability to set the auto off time. I set mine for 15 minutes.

Previous Logitechs were nothing to call home about. Sennheiser is my favourite.

Going to get the 633 model this week, they are now selling for $120, I have to get them since my 430 volume control is acting weird, and the plates just above the actual earpiece are starting to crack (epoxy'd the inside and outside of the plates yesterday to last a little longer), tried the Steelseries 350 on Saturday...Returned on Sunday, never experienced such a PITA to try and setup let alone produce any sound (Had more support on the Reddit sub for the headset than the actual manufacturer website, that was the only reason the sound eventually worked after almost four hours of f@*$ing around with different versions of the software and removing drivers/disabling other programs at startup), and once I got the sound working it was awful, sounded flat and tinny.

Paying the extra $20 for something I know will work as soon as I connect them, don't even need to try them out in the store, I know the 633 will have the same if not better audio than the 430 (and the 430 is awesome apart from the inline audio controller).

*Edit* Price has dropped since last night 633 now $100.

Last edited:
My 933 just died on me last night. Mic was acting funny the other night, and the whole headset stopped responding after I tried to reset it (wouldn't even charge). A quick google of the problem said to do a hardware reset using the pinhole reset button. That seemed to clear everything up, and it worked again until last night. I was playing with some friends online when I suddenly heard a click, and the headset went completely out. The hardware reset doesn't do anything this time, so it looks like it's officially a brick. I'm pretty disappointed since I've never had any issues with a Logitech product before.

I have a Dell Gift Card that should be here I might have to use it on these just because I'm curious how they are. The wireless set has some pretty serious problems from the reviews on Amazon.

Back