brand new Lenovo tablet Battery charge at 100%, but shows 78%

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got this in Jan. 2019. Charge it for 5 times in the past 1.5 mth. Currently, it shows 78%, but turns out it's 100% fully charge, but the software indicator shows 78%.

as I use it, it sits at 78% for hr., until it continues to drop to 76%, 74% etc., then I realize the indicator is wrong

is there anything I can do? or do I have to return it? if I return it, would I get a new one?

I bought it from newegg

It might be the lenovo power suite, it basicallly avoids fully charging the laptop to extend that battery life you can override it and make it fully charge though. Check the battery/power profile area.

Also where are you seeing it fully charged if not in the OS?

because the battery usage never drops and sit at 78% for the first few hr., which is not possible, unless it was at 100% but shows as 78%, in other words, it's slowly dropping from 100% back to 78%. I'll check that profile and see what they say

well, as the last time the battery drops to a low stage, and then I re-charge, the unit charge back to 100% and shows 100%. So I just have to keep an eye on this in the next few weeks and see what the problem is. I can't find Lenovo Power suite in the tablet but the win 10 settings seems normal

I think its called the Lenovo Solutions Center but glad to hear it may have 'fixed' itself

Back