Brand new GTX 570 crashing...suggestions?

y0bailey

Gawd
Alright folks...my brand new GTX 570 is crashing and it is driving me insane.

Here is the lovely screen I get after 3-10 minutes of BF3.
JxMqE.jpg

Current rig
Phenom II 955 overclocked to 4.0ghz
4gb DDR3 1600
850watt Thermaltake PSU
Galaxy GTX 570
Gigabyte 870A-UD3 mobo.

I originally had a 650 watt PSU that would cause insta-crash anytime I fired up a game. I figured the PSU was underpowered so I grabbed an 850 today. Now I can game, but I get crashing after a short period of time.

I have taken off all overclocks (CPU/MEM) even though they are 12 hours prime stable and have been that way for 5 months. Still happens.

Faulty card? Other things to try? Running out of ideas here.

Possibly the battlefield beta drivers if your using them, but most likely a bad card and needs Rma

Go ATI... that will fix it :D My GTX570 took a crap on me 2 weeks after I got it. Returned it for a 6970 2gb card and haven't had a problem since. No driver issues either.

Thanks folks. Newegg express RMA started today. I figured the card was bad I just wanted to hear someone else say it!

That also allows me to return my crap impusle "I want to play BF3" Thermaltake terrible reviews 850watt PSU that was my only option at Best Buy and order a more highly reviewed unit.

Go ATI... that will fix it :D My GTX570 took a crap on me 2 weeks after I got it. Returned it for a 6970 2gb card and haven't had a problem since. No driver issues either.

ATI doesn't exist anymore and has nothing to do with this case. Therefore your solution is flawed.

If you wanted to be informative you should have told the OP that sometimes out of thousands of units you are bound to get a few duds and to RMA the card and try again.

Nevermind, I missed the OP's next to last sentence.

ATI doesn't exist anymore and has nothing to do with this case. Therefore your solution is flawed.

If you wanted to be informative you should have told the OP that sometimes out of thousands of units you are bound to get a few duds and to RMA the card and try again.

You have been here 5 days.. really? .....that part of my statement was more of a joke then a recommendation. I am sure he is smart enough to know ATI is now AMD. The information I bring to this post is he is not the only one that got a dud... have some humor man or do you normally troll posts to try and bash replies?

Last edited:
Is that the only game this is happening on? If it is then dont worry. its the game. If its all games then you need to bury that card in the backyard, give it a cheap pinebox, have a little service for it, and get a new one.

If you only had it for a few months then I would RMA of course. That is probably better than burying in the backyard.

You have been here 5 days.. really? .....that part of my statement was more of a joke then a recommendation. I am sure he is smart enough to know ATI is now AMD. The information I bring to this post is he is not the only one that got a dud... have some humor man or do you normally troll posts to try and bash replies?

Unfortunately, my experience has told me that jokes like those are a bad idea, they never usually go down well :rolleyes:

Holy crap... he got banned in 8 days? Who did he piss off?

(52 posts, so probably spammed to 50, and made a dubious FS/T post?)

ANYWAYS, did the OP's rma video card come back yet? Did it cure the issue?

Back