Brand new EYEFINITy triple 27" monitor arm

Just ordered mine from Mounted Concepts with 14 inch pole last night. Total came out to be $290 after shipping (went for the overnight, $60 shipping option, im impatient). I SHOULD get mine today but possibly not until tomorrow. I will throw up some shots for those of you using ASUS 25.5 monitors.

Well it's been two business days and no shipping info yet...time for me to call up and throw a grade A bitchfit...

Well it's been two business days and no shipping info yet...time for me to call up and throw a grade A bitchfit...

For anyone considering this mount, DO NOT buy it from Mounted Concepts. After ordering the mount with next day air shipping (additional 60 bucks) I heard nothing back for 2 days and their order tracking only went as far as to say it was processing.

When I sent an email to them trying to find out what went wrong, they told me it was shipping today (2 days after being ordered). Though when I pulled up the tracking number for it, they had shipped it ground....the option that is about 50 bucks cheaper.

When I pointed this out, they said their warehouse messed it up and they would refund me the cost of the shipping and I thought ok fine, everyone makes mistakes.

I just received another email from them, their accounting department refunded me the total cost of the mount and they are now charging me for the product again so that they can get their money. Understandable but god damn....this is definately not a business I will be recommending anyone buy from. How many different people are gonna screw up a single order.....I can't possibly have the "perfect storm" of problems with this....every department has fucked the order up.....

To know if it would work (though I doubt 28 would fit) measure the length of your center and left monitors....if they exceed 50 inches in length then it wont fit. My ASUS 25.5s come out to about 46 1/2 and from the pictures ive seen, its a tight fit.

I don't agree. I prefer to look down, it's better than looking up to the top of the screen. It has nothing to do with the neck, 'cause it's all within line of sight (unless you have real poor vision). But that's just my personal preference.

He is talking about your ergonomically correct sitting and viewing positions, which have nothing to do with your preference, but everything to do with physiological and anatomically best posture and hence viewing angle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergonomics

Man I want one of those so badly. I think I prefer how the portrait looks. Landscape looks uber wide and not that tall, portrait looks how a monitor that size should look equally wide to the height.

Man I want one of those so badly. I think I prefer how the portrait looks. Landscape looks uber wide and not that tall, portrait looks how a monitor that size should look equally wide to the height.

Gotta remember though that eyefinity....and NV Surround for that matter isn't an attempt to make multiple monitors look like a single monitor, its an attempt to submerse you deeper into the game by giving you a bit of peripheral vision.

Gotta remember though that eyefinity....and NV Surround for that matter isn't an attempt to make multiple monitors look like a single monitor, its an attempt to submerse you deeper into the game by giving you a bit of peripheral vision.

I'd personally have to see them both on the setup in front of me to decide on which one would be my permanent solution. I've only seen landscape eyefinity before in front of me and I came off feeling that it was way too wide and the dude was playing just cause 2. The guys in the towers were Pwming him because he couldn't see too much of the vertical axis as he could the horizontal. I suggested he switch but he didn't have a arm and his monitors would not pivot on the stock stands.

I ordered mine with a 28" pole Sunday night and by Wednesday I had my very heavy base but nothing else was posted on the website.

Called them on Friday and after a short time, someone answered my question of where the pole and bracket was and I would get a tracking number on Monday. So hopefully by next weekend I should be all set up! :D

....if they exceed 50 inches in length then it wont fit. My ASUS 25.5s come out to about 46 1/2 and from the pictures ive seen, its a tight fit.

That looks awesome! Do you think one 27.5 inch hanns g and two portrait 19's would fit on it?

Just need to measure everything up for the width to find out, but I would venture a guess that it would?

BTW, Welcome to [H]ard! Enjoy your stay and hide your wallet. ;)

Since Jognle did the necro'ing... Here is another use of the Chief monitor arm, provided you have 5 2408wfps lying around :)

monitors-1.jpg

monitors-2.jpg

monitors-3.jpg

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE SELL ME AN eyefinity 6 card!

dude that setup is awesome im working on a multi monitor rig myself. im curious though your sig say your just running 1 hd 5870 how are frame rates (im mostly curious because im still trying to figure out if i need to go sli or not)

nice setup dude...though I would say screw the eyefinity 6 cards and just get a pair of 6970s...or 4 with the kind of money your throwin around :)

didn't cost as much as you would think, less than 300 a piece used :p Monitor Arms used from forum members.

I did upgrade my box to an i7 for two x16 lanes just in case, and am stuck waiting for a six display 6 series card or an old 5870e6 or 5970e6.

The current 6 series cards only do 4 displays.... so its a race as to if the display port hubs beat the six head cards to the market. Thank god these are all DP monitors. :)

You sure...I coulda sworn i'd seen somewhere around these forums or maybe WSGF of a guy running like 9 monitors with the 6 series.

Since Jognle did the necro'ing... Here is another use of the Chief monitor arm, provided you have 5 2408wfps lying around :)

*snip*

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE SELL ME AN eyefinity 6 card!

are you seriously looking for one? PM me card in sig.

You sure...I coulda sworn i'd seen somewhere around these forums or maybe WSGF of a guy running like 9 monitors with the 6 series.

From what I understand the people that are doing the crazy stuff are using combinations of softth or triplehead2go units. Could be wrong there.

as for the current cards powering 5, I think the consensus is that the basic cards cant do it.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=21604&sid=59bb810004fa5826c6275fa356376f76

Ya looks like your right, I just did some searching and that's what I found, sorry bout that.

to followup:

Originally Posted by minaelromany
Sorry guys, but aren't all HD6900 cards support Eyefinity 6 ?
yes and no...

yes, in the future when DisplayPort 1.2 displays arrive (DP1.2 adds Daisy Chaining) or the use of a MST hub which as of yet have not been announced so availability and price are up in the air. As it currently sits (iirc) you can only use 4 displays currently, DVI + DVI + DP + DP or DVI + HDMI + DP +DP. The HDMI and DVI are "shared" last I recall. The only card that currently supports up to 6 native display outputs are the (5870)E6s.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1336467470&postcount=16

Shorter wait grabbing the eyefinity 6 card now and waiting out the next gen solution :) Should have one in the mail by the end of next week.

Just ordered 3 VH236H's, and will be ordering this stand from thenerds! Can't wait!

Just ordered 3 VH236H's, and will be ordering this stand from thenerds! Can't wait!

That's great news but if I may suggest, don't get the shortest pole for the mount if you plan on going portrait or want to be able to rotate between portrait and landscape. I got the shortest one and it's too short for me to use in portrait. In fact, I have my monitors sitting all the way at the top of the pole just for comfortable monitor level.

That's great news but if I may suggest, don't get the shortest pole for the mount if you plan on going portrait or want to be able to rotate between portrait and landscape. I got the shortest one and it's too short for me to use in portrait. In fact, I have my monitors sitting all the way at the top of the pole just for comfortable monitor level.

Thanks for the heads up! I was looking at the 28" one, and cutting it if needed :)

Can't wait to get it all setup. Now I just need a better looking desk :D

Got my Asus monitors in, now I have to wait for tax refunds to order this mount :D

looks awesome!!!!

I would suggest sellign and replacing the center monitor for a newer uniform version with the other 2.. that would just eat away at me until i did it.. hehe

Anyone need the triple bar (KTA325B), as I now need the KTA225B.

Last edited:
I don't think so, KTA225 made to support up to 2 30" displays. You should double check the specs at Chief. I think only the KTA325 works for 3 monitors.

On that note, anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area interested in a full 3 monitor setup, i.e. 3 Dell U2410s + the 14" pole (KTA1014B), the table base (KTA1002B) and the 3 monitor arm (KTA325B). We just got 2 27" displays so need to make room, but I loved this Chief setup while we used it, major space savings.

Last edited:
I don't think so, KTA225 made to support up to 2 30" displays. You should double check the specs at Chief. I think only the KTA325 works for 3 monitors.

On that note, anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area interested in a full 3 monitor setup, i.e. 3 Dell U2410s + the 14" pole (KTA1014B), the table base (KTA1002B) and the 3 monitor arm (KTA325B). We just got 2 27" displays so need to make room, but I loved this Chief setup while we used it, major space savings.

You really wouldn't think it, least I didn't, but you save a TON of space using this mount over the standard monitor stands that come with each monitor.

aw, where were you a couple of months ago =(

I'm sure it will go to a very happy home

I agree with yang, where were you! ;) Seriously though, that is a nice setup and hope you find someone soon but I had to go with the 28" pole as 14" is just to short. :eek:

Back