Brand new EYEFINITy triple 27" monitor arm

That is super cool... when i can afford it gonna get another two samsung syncmaster 2343... the Mrs. has promised to get me a 5970 when i propose.... no pressure...

I basically have the same monitors as you. the only thing that concerns me is that it looks like it might be wobbly . Side heavy . also it it doesn't look like it can be tilted up or down. I kind of like mine tilted up a little

I basically have the same monitors as you. the only thing that concerns me is that it looks like it might be wobbly . Side heavy . also it it doesn't look like it can be tilted up or down. I kind of like mine tilted up a little

Once setup, its very sturdy & not the least bit wobbly. Each monitor can be tilted in any direction you please. So if you like them tilted up then you can tilt each one of them up.

This beast is very heavy duty and high quality. I just did the switch to Portrait mode last night for the first time since setting this arm up last month. One of the reasons I got it, because these Dell 27" do not do Portrait on their base stand.

Anyways it was easy as pie, and did not feel like it would fall down, even with one side monitor still in Landscape mode and the other side display flipped upright to Portrait mode and moved in closer to center. It was very sturdy and safe.

but now not sure I like Portrait for gaming as much as before with my 24". For desktop use it is awesome , but for WoW, not too sure I like it as much as Landscape, because the screen is very zoomed in, and I feel like I am losing a bunch from the sides.

Will go back to Landscape mode tonight. But will take pics before and after.

Decisions. 3xU2410's or 3x2709w's. don't care about price difference. are the 27" monitors too wide in landscape mode?

I have a 30" monitor. web pages that go full width are a bit lacking (never had this issue at 1680) for extended reading. Short term isn't much of a problem. OUtlook works great with the message and reading panes side by side and both sidebars open and 2 calendar months wide. Gaming on the bigscreen is awesome.

What does everyone here prefer ? Portrait vs Landscape on 3 - 27". Sorry about the crappy iPhone pic's

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Well, I think I'm going to take the plunge. If worse comes to worse I can always put them up for sale on here if I don't like it.

This is what I have now. It works ok. but sometimes if one of the monitors becomes out of alignment. It is a pain to get it aligned again. Because I need to have the tension set so tight . If i try to move it an inch, it moves a mile . There is no fine tuning these things. I think with them being all on the same rail it will elevate that. Hopefully I will be able to sell what i have to recoup some costs. and actually these mounts I have can be doubled up for a dual mount.

27079228.jpg

65518347.jpg

here is a front shot. the reason I ask about the tilt is that I like to have the monitor to where Eye level is about 1" to 2" below the top of the screen. but having it like that requires to have it tilted up just a little to get the right angle. And I'm hoping that I will be able to move my speakers back down where they used to be

dsc00713copy.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few pics. Please excuse the cord mess, I had to relocate everything when I got new desks so I havent done any cord management yet.

4298207623_748a9d0bdc_o.jpg

4298946938_e64f3325fc_b.jpg

@tboo,

I also want to get this same Chief KTA325 monitor arm/base that you (and Zorachus) have, but I also really like that glass desk. Can you please let me know where you got it?

thanks.

P.S. Also, is it just my imagination or is that desk somehow bowing (bending) in the middle?

Last edited:
I bought a pair of them at Office Max.

They are these:

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/desks-laptop-stands/product-prod2790030

I just didnt attach the glass shelf as seen in the pics.

tboo, thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of looking at Officemax, since I tried looking at Office Depot and Staples already. This desk looks great to me but how is it holding up against the weight of the three monitors and Chief pole/arm. I think I may be imagining things, but from your first and third pictures it looks like the middle of the desk is bending downwards slightly from the weight. Just wanted to see what you think about whether or not you feel that the desk is able to take the weight long-term. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
Kyle, do you use the same model to mount a triple 30 setup?

Looking at the specs, and the reach of the mounts on the arms from the behind pics, I don't think so.

tboo, thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of looking at Officemax, since I tried looking at Office Depot and Staples already. This desk looks great to me but how is it holding up against the weight of the three monitors and Chief pole/arm. I think I may be imagining things, but from your first and third pictures it looks like the middle of the desk is bending downwards slightly from the weight. Just wanted to see what you think about whether or not you feel that the desk is able to take the weight long-term. Thanks for all the help.

Desks can easily take the weight-thats why I got them. I think they are rated to 140lbs.

zor or tboo could you do a favor and measure the diameter of the pole the armbar clamps too?
and maybe take a picture of how the armbar clamps to the pole of the base?

i ask because i already have a deskclamp from my old multimonitor stand and would just like to purchase this armbar.. wondering if it will fit.

THANKS! :cool:

Chief is made in the USA too! Here in Minnesota actually.

Someone I know from college (Minnesota State University, Mankato) is an engineer at Ergotron who does stress/weight testing. I know that Ergotron tests and makes their mounts and stands can support twice the weight they are rated for so they are a very solid and strong product.

Desks can easily take the weight-thats why I got them. I think they are rated to 140lbs.

One thing to be careful with Tempered Glass (safety glass, usually has the green tint) is that it is much more likely to shatter from weight on the edges so it may not be the best choice if you want to use a desk mount arm instead of a stand mount one. When I had my 3 24" Lcd's on my glass Ikea Galant I ended up putting a piece of wood going across the back because of this.

Well, Just ordered this tri mount ,hope I like it. Will be posting an amateur review with some pics after I receive it. Stay tuned

Here are a few pics. Please excuse the cord mess, I had to relocate everything when I got new desks so I havent done any cord management yet.

4298946938_e64f3325fc_b.jpg

I cant seam to get my monitors lined up as good as you have yours.My two end monitors are about 1/4" higher than the center one

any tricks to it??

I cant seam to get my monitors lined up as good as you have yours.My two end monitors are about 1/4" higher than the center one

any tricks to it??

It took lots & lots of fiddling. Getting them lined up is the hardest part.

Thanks. Makaveli

I didnt' have time to do a full detailed review. because of a lot of yard work takes precedents over that. but did manage to throw something together that shows more pictures

Here

Im dropping my Eyefinity setup & going back to a single 30 inch setup. I get bad motion sickness playing games. If anybody is in the NE Wisconsin area, Ill sell my Chief triple monitor arm setup for $200(arm, 28 inch pole & flat base). Only a few months old!

Found the mount for less :D

www.softmart.com Use coupon code g5winter10 if you don't get the 5 dollar shipping automatically.

Chief KTA1002B - Base for flat panel - black - table-top
Mfg Part No: KTA1002B
$34.96

Chief KTA1028B 28" Pole - Black
Mfg Part No: KTA1028B
$31.90

Chief KTA325 Triple Horizontal Array Pole Clamp
Mfg Part No: KTA325B
$168.09

Subtotal
$234.95

Processing Fee
$0.00
Tax
$21.00
Shipping
$5.00

Total
$260.95

Non silly online tax states (screw you california) save 21 bucks more. 5 dollar shipping is a promotion, not sure how long it is good for. Only a few whole sets left according to their inventory, you have to search/add each item individually, exact same part numbers as the ergodirect builder added to my cart.

Last edited:
I was almost upset about this, as I just ordered from ErgoDirect, until I did the same quote and the shipping wasn't $5, and Ground was $24, and then it jumps up to $97 for next cheapest.

You got lucky with the promo shipping, I assume that's ground?

[RCKY] Thor;1035377703 said:
Found the mount for less :D

www.softmart.com

Non silly online tax states (screw you california) save 21 bucks more. 5 dollar shipping is a promotion, not sure how long it is good for. Only a few whole sets left according to their inventory, you have to search/add each item individually, exact same part numbers as the ergodirect builder added to my cart.

Thats cool, i just could never get used to seeing the frames of the monitors, then need to mask frame less setups so theres no gap in the pitcure

I was almost upset about this, as I just ordered from ErgoDirect, until I did the same quote and the shipping wasn't $5, and Ground was $24, and then it jumps up to $97 for next cheapest.

You got lucky with the promo shipping, I assume that's ground?

Yeah, 3 day ground. It automatically added the coupon code g5winter10 for me, try that if you didn't get it. Edited in to original post for others.

I want a triple mount for my three 28" LCD's but I want one that clamps on the back of my desk(I have a solid pine desk too so that's not a problem, finding the mount is).

Anyone know of any?

[RCKY] Thor;1035380032 said:
Uh, yeah. The one we've been talking about for 4 pages. Just select the clamp option.

But doesn't the user say on the very first post that his mount barely fits his 27" LCD's?
Mine are a little bigger so they may not fit at all. Right?

total width of center screen and one side screen cannot exceed 50".

So two 28" LCD's are out of the question. So back to my previous post, are there any mounts for triple 28" LCD's?

Back