Brand new EYEFINITy triple 27" monitor arm

Someone is making a killing off monitor arms. Never understood why they cost so much.

Nice setup op!

I'm guessing the construction/metal needs to be pretty solid to support those monitors, so they don't skimp on the quality, plus its somewhat of a niche. Imagine selling cheapo arms and then they break, dropping 3 27" monitors.. lawsuits, hello!

I really like that mount, (wish I had not just ordered 3 of the double arm style wall mounts for my eyefinity setup).

but on another note:
The cost of that thing (paid $60 for my 3 mounts)
The stand, I dont like stands(really like my desk space),... is there any way to mount it to the wall?

Nice setup man ;)

could you tell us the material used for the clamps that attach the monitors to the bar is made from?

Is it metal or plastic?

I really like that mount, (wish I had not just ordered 3 of the double arm style wall mounts for my eyefinity setup).

but on another note:
The cost of that thing (paid $60 for my 3 mounts)
The stand, I dont like stands(really like my desk space),... is there any way to mount it to the wall?

Nice setup man ;)

Go to the ergodirect link provided earlier in this thread. You have a choice of a base, desk clamp, or a grommet.

Hey Zorachus, how easy is it to rotate from landscape to portrait?

Very easy and is big reason I got this arm. Just turn the dials on the clamps to loosen it and then just flip up to Portrait and tighten clamps again and your set.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Go to the ergodirect link provided earlier in this thread. You have a choice of a base, desk clamp, or a grommet.

Thanks for the useless post

I have read the thread to its entirety before posting.

I went to that link and the different options are only options, not a display of what or how they mount, although I can imagine but still not 100% clear.

Is either the desk clamp or the grommet a wall mount as I asked? If not, then the answer to my question was no, and not the smart comment you made.

Maybe I could clear it up by saying; I realize there isn't a option for a wall mount, BUT is there a way to make it work, someone that owns this could suggest a cleaver way to mount it to the wall?

I went to that link and the different options are only options, not a display of what or how they mount, although I can imagine but still not 100% clear.

Is either the desk clamp or the grommet a wall mount as I asked? If not, then the answer to my question was no, and not the smart comment you made.

Maybe I could clear it up by saying; I realize there isn't a option for a wall mount, BUT is there a way to make it work, someone that owns this could suggest a cleaver way to mount it to the wall?

I don't see why you couldn't hack something together. Look at the arm, it just mounts to a pole. So if you could find a way to attach a pole to a wall (should be simple enough) then you can mount the monitors to the wall.

Very easy and is big reason I got this arm. Just turn the dials on the clamps to loosen it and then just flip up to Portrait and tighten clamps again and your set.

Sweet! Thanks.

Got some tax money coming my way, I know what I'm getting :D

I don't see why you couldn't hack something together. Look at the arm, it just mounts to a pole. So if you could find a way to attach a pole to a wall (should be simple enough) then you can mount the monitors to the wall.

Ya I was thinking a pipe with a 90 degree elbow for a "L" shape and then a flange to bolt it to the wall.

I have one more question, FROM who ever owns one of these mounts and can answer with full personal experience (Original poster)

Are the angles sharp enough or angled enough, to get the full surrounded feel?

Ya I was thinking a pipe with a 90 degree elbow for a "L" shape and then a flange to bolt it to the wall.

I have one more question, FROM who ever owns one of these mounts and can answer with full personal experience (Original poster)

Are the angles sharp enough or angled enough, to get the full surrounded feel?

Yes, I think the arc is perfect, actually better than what I had originally setup myself under separate stands for each monitor. Plus there is a little room to angle the display slightly more than the natural arc of the arm, it has a wide option to tilt, swivel, pitch, rotate, etc...each monitor.

I am very satisfied with this arm, I mean very :)

I want one. This will be perfect for a 1x 30" (Portrait @ 2560*1600) + 2 x 20" (Landscape @ 1200*1600) setup!

Checked the Dell website tech spec's, and the Dell 3008WFP panel only with VESA mount is 23lbs. and the Dell 3007WHP-C with VESA mount is 25lbs. So they both easily work on this arm.

Nice setup, Z. I think 3 x 27" is awesome for Eyefinity. I just ordered a 3008WFP, so I now have two 30" monitors and it's damn tempting to get one more but I just think three of them (although godly) would be too many pixels for the 5870 to push without choking on newer games. Is Eyefinity working with Crossfire yet?

Thanks for posting this, and including screens other than WoW. ;)

You are welcome. :)

I got mine setup today. Its very well buit & easy to assemble. The hardest part was aligning the monitors. I did have to buy a new desk, though. I underestimated on how heavy this would be plus the huge size of the base. Needless to say it was an expensive day.

I don't agree. I prefer to look down, it's better than looking up to the top of the screen. It has nothing to do with the neck, 'cause it's all within line of sight (unless you have real poor vision). But that's just my personal preference.

You're correct. Ergonomically, your eyes should be about level with the top of the screen.

I got mine setup today. Its very well buit & easy to assemble. The hardest part was aligning the monitors. I did have to buy a new desk, though. I underestimated on how heavy this would be plus the huge size of the base. Needless to say it was an expensive day.

Cool :). So your the 2nd Hard member to have the best monitor arm. Pics. Pics. Pics. Please

Here are a few pics. Please excuse the cord mess, I had to relocate everything when I got new desks so I havent done any cord management yet.

4298207623_748a9d0bdc_o.jpg

4298201575_3b36ce625d_b.jpg

4298946938_e64f3325fc_b.jpg

Is there enough tilt in the mounts to allow you to put the side monitors behind the middle monitor (or in front) so that you can cut in half the space taken up by bezels?

I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but does this allow for vertical adjustment along the length of the pole?? Thanks

The mount allows the whole triple screen arm to move up and down on the pole, to either sit right on your desk, or like 24" off desk.

And yes the monitors can be angled to tuck in behind the center display. This thing allows for the most adjustments I have seen from any monitor arm, tons of options.

I flipped it up to Portrait mode last night for WoW. This arm makes it very simple to rotate the monitors, just loosen the clamps in back, flip the displays upright, move the two sides closer to center display, get your angles correct and then tighten back down and all your set. Took maybe a few minutes tops.

But now not too sure if I like Portrait like before. It is so freaking tall and high, I strain my neck looking up and down. My WoW character looks great, very big and detailed in Portrait, but not sure I like it ? It almost feels too zoomed in ?

Last edited:
Oh geez I really need one of those. Pure envy staring at these pics. Cleaning my desk is damn near impossible to do without moving monitors around, and shifting 3 24" monitors back and forth is a PITA.

Chief monitor ams ROCK. I use them here for all of our 30s we use on the test setups. Killer heavy duty stuff.

Cool man, grats. You have now retained the rank of "SuperNerd":p

Back