Boyfriend Urged On Woman in Fatal YouTube Stunt, New Evidence Shows

I'm just going to leave this here. Pay attention to the video, especially the first minute.

Makes for fun videos and movies like idiocracy but far from true. IQ is better correlated with diet, culture and atmosphere than genetics although genetics does have a role but not significant enough to cause a substantial change in overall population intelligence.

Makes for fun videos and movies like idiocracy but far from true. IQ is better correlated with diet, culture and atmosphere than genetics although genetics does have a role but not significant enough to cause a substantial change in overall population intelligence.

So, you're telling me the fine folks here:

Don't have shit diets and culture? It's all tied together.

Fat erroneously became the enemy and our good friend sugar was added to everything as a substitute and we all know where obesity and heart disease rates went from there. Our lifestyles got more sedentary and wages rose. The well off started having less children while the poor keep cranking them out. There's a dozen big reasons.

https://www.fastcompany.com/40584777/were-all-getting-dumber-says-science
Takeaway from this one study:
IQ scores have been steadily dropping since the 1970s.

Bratsberg and Rogeberg discounted factors like parental education, family size, increased immigration, and genetics as significant causes.

My opinion - the young woman can go free - she' already punished with what she witnessed, and will be unable to forget.

This is a REALLY stupid kid thing - not the actions of a devious, dangerous criminal. Who's going to press charges on something like this. Lesson learned, life taken, let the survivor move on with life rather than giving her a felony to make her life difficult and prison/jail time to turn her into a mess.

Use Pedro's life as a formal education lesson in schools with Junior High or High School gun education.

All of us did stupid stuff as teenagers -- maybe not to that degree -- but stupid none the less. I know I should be dead a couple times over

1) tried to barefoot ski tied to a 300' rope behind an ATV that nearly drowned me. (not on video - just playing around with friends in the summer in rural Missouri near a small pond.)

2) tried to swim to an island with seals on it, got pummeled by the surf and scratched up bad by coral and got a serious, nearly deadly infection (again not on video - just hanging with friends)

3) drove way too fast down 2 way country roads with friends (not on video - just having fun with friends)

4) flew off the back of a flat bed trailer when it came unhooked on the rural county highway. (No video)

5) almost got my head crushed under a car when i feel off my bike going down a hill too steep and fell into the road. Car bumper literally screeched to a stop over my head. My head immediately by the tire. (No video)

6) etc etc etc...

Introduce video nowadays and the notion you could be cool and famous as a teenager and it’s even one more incentive to do daredevil, stupid stuff. Kids will be kids. Its a wonder any of us red-blooded males make it to adulthood. Access to deadly things should be restricted as much as is reasonable to teenagers. IE - a desert eagle isn't something I'd give my male teenage kid.

Edit - just read the guy was 22 years old. Um......
I figured he was like 16...
Still young - but ---- old enough to have better sense than he did.

Still -- I'm going to venture that ~16 to ~25 years old is a danger zone for young men today...where somehow we haven't yet come to understand our own potential for mortality... and our hormones and ego out position our intelligence.

A transcript of a video the couple filmed provides this account, in part, of the events leading up to the shooting:

“This is the moment of truth, babe,” Ruiz said to Perez. “Gotta make sure I’m right where the book is. Ah, point the gun.”

Ruiz instructed Perez on how to hold the gun.

“Yep, yep,” he said. “Gotta make sure the GoPro has you. Come a little bit more, little more. Right there. Safety’s off. ‘Kay …”

Ruiz continued to instruct Perez on where to aim.

Perez cried, according to the transcript.

“Stop, babe,” Perez pleaded.

Ruiz continued with his instructions as Perez tried to back out.

“Babe, if I kill you what’s gonna happen to my life,” she said. “Like, no this isn’t OK.”

She pleaded another time for Ruiz to stop the stunt. Once she fired the gun, she immediately called 911, but Ruiz died at the scene.

Perez later told a BCA investigator that Ruiz had previously practiced shooting into a book, and that for a month she had resisted his plans to replicate the stunt. Authorities recovered the presumed practice book, also an encyclopedia, with a .50-caliber bullet still lodged halfway inside.

Last edited:
View attachment 83830

And buy Mexico while we are at it.....

pedro.jpg

Why didn't he have a vest on?!!! i almost think he knew what he was doing. he got killed by the sweetest gun (in his mind) prob even got the baddest bullets he could get too. (that's why they made it through the book) AND they got it all on video. now he's famous WITHOUT having to shoot up a school... idk

tha fuck they think was gonna happen....

i think he knew. dude you're not driving a car like that and got a piece like that at that age unless your into some shit. who know's what happened. he didn't sound like he was super stupid. maybe he was already f*cked?? hard to say at this point. but sad none the less.

i think he knew. dude you're not driving a car like that and got a piece like that at that age unless your into some shit. who know's what happened. he didn't sound like he was super stupid. maybe he was already f*cked?? hard to say at this point. but sad none the less.
And if you gotta go, you may as well try to implicate your wife and the mother of your children with manslaughter charges at the same time, right?

You think the guy would of been smart enough to first shoot the book to see what happens.

You think this guy didn't shoot that windshield a million times himself before sitting behind it?

In the armor industry they say armor is “bullet resistant” not “bullet proof” for a reason.

Especially something like glass (or clear composite) I would definitely never trust for a stunt...

there's more to this than meets the eye. No way she wouldn't have said to him, "you need to test this or I'm not gonna help you make this video."

And if you gotta go, you may as well try to implicate your wife and the mother of your children with manslaughter charges at the same time, right?

Yeah something is fishy. He seems to know the velocity of the round also. Which begs the question, did he think about how a bullet traveling that fast would somehow be stopped by a book only a couple of inches thick? It boggles the mind. Stay in school kids, more importantly pay attention in physics & math class.

Unfortunately this idiot is not eligible for a Darwin Award as he already reproduced. Why are all of the smart people not having children and all of the idiots popping babies out like crazy?

Because we're too damn busy working hard and paying taxes to fund a welfare state so the idiots can be paid to breed.

In the armor industry they say armor is “bullet resistant” not “bullet proof” for a reason.

Especially something like glass (or clear composite) I would definitely never trust for a stunt...

That our first responders have to be called to clean up this type of mess is what bothers me.

Not sure who was dumber, the guy shot or the GF that was convinced to shoot her BF by none other than her BF.

Just sad really.

Ahh yes, noted human cognition researchers Korn... Who happen to be completely full of shit. Sorry man, the "But IQs are going down" meme has been around for a long time and has no basis in fact.

Umm yeah, Brian Welch of Korn has a PhD in Psychology and has authored several oft-cited research papers on the subject.

In all seriousness its nice of you to post a single link and declare BS when there are many studies showing there is a decline.

Trailer park ricer with a gold plated DE, nah, what could go wrong.
It's not gold. It's a titanium nitride coating...like your drill bits. Given the stupidity of this stunt, it's not surprising he thought it was real gold. I'm sure the only reason he mentioned that it wasn't solid gold was because he asked when buying it and was told no.
https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/f...eagle-50-ae-titanium-gold-w-tiger-stripes.asp

IIRC, Physics was the difference. The first book was set on a stand and shot, so a lot of the energy from the projectile was transferred into moving the book (the book flew backwards when it was shot). When he held the book, it did not move.
Yes. Particularly soft body armor has to be tested with a human body stand in or else it doesn't work. To rigid or to loose of a support and even cartridges the armor is rated for penetrate it. When people are shot while wearing soft bullet resistant vests, they often end up with massive bruises and broken ribs. The human body absorbs a lot of the energy, the soft vest spreads it out and prevents penetration.

bad trigger discipline = not surprised.
No kidding. Terrible gun handling skills (it's obvious they both were unfamiliar with guns), along with a lack of muzzle and trigger discipline.

Yeah something is fishy. He seems to know the velocity of the round also. Which begs the question, did he think about how a bullet traveling that fast would somehow be stopped by a book only a couple of inches thick? It boggles the mind. Stay in school kids, more importantly pay attention in physics & math class.
He probably read it off the box as almost all ammo has that information, nothing more. I'm sure it was a meaningless number to him; besides, there's more to the armor piercing/penetration than just velocity. Although velocity is a critical factor.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Did we watch the same video? He sounds like he's on drugs and is having trouble completing thoughts. Their gun handling skills betray the fact they don't regularly handle them. Besides that, they break both trigger and muzzle discipline so many times throughout the video I lost count.

Finally, he thought it was a good idea to have someone shoot at him!

You think the guy would of been smart enough to first shoot the book to see what happens.

You think this guy didn't shoot that windshield a million times himself before sitting behind it?

You calling him a pussy? That was their first factory test.

Umm yeah, Brian Welch of Korn has a PhD in Psychology and has authored several oft-cited research papers on the subject.

In all seriousness its nice of you to post a single link and declare BS when there are many studies showing there is a decline.

That is a good overview, with citations, that talks about the phenomena, so well known it has a name: The Flynn Effect. Here's Dr. James Flynn giving a talk on it. If you want more info much of it is scholarly journals, and thus you need to go to your local university to look them up or get a Jstor/Sage account but there's some scholarly articles free on the web as well such as The Flynn Effect: A Meta-analysis from the US NIH.

If you wanna play the "many studies" game I can just start throwing out journal citations, but given that there are indeed multiple peer-reviewed studies of this effect (and theories as to the cause) it is on you to provide quality studies that show the opposite, and no-, a Korn video doesn't count.

The way that guy talks . . . it has the same effect on me as people with misophonia listening to someone noisily chew their food. Only people with functionally retarded IQs or high off their ass (one often goes hand-in-hand with the other) talk that way. It's like their synapses are barely firing.

Nothing of value was lost; quite the contrary, humanity is better for this guy exiting early. Too bad it wasn't early enough to stop him polluting the gene pool.

When kids are raised on a diet of action movies where bibles and wooden tables stop large caliber bullets, this is to be expected.

Jesus.

That's some weapons grade autism right there.

I'd like to pontificate on how stupid that was, but, damn, after sampling that video, words fail me. Could be an Aneurysm. I did get a nosebleed about 30 seconds in.

What's the point in using autism as an insult?

Don't forget the 30 dumbass witnesses. You would think at least one of them would have questioned the outcome here.

true, and I would like to think that if I were one of those watching, I would point out that its not a very good idea....but sometimes it just best to let nature takes it course.... this is possibly one of those times.....:)

If I had to find her guilty, I would just give her a slap on the wrist. Dude was literally asking for it.

Back