Boycott Expansion until Battlefield 2 is fixed

Ive been boycotting buyign BF2 until they allow widescreen FOV. I just spent $400 for a nice monitor, and play 99% of new and old games even in 16:10 fine but with BF2, I have to either play in streched mode or playwith black bars on both sides.

Its 2005, get with the game EA! If BF1942 can play in widescreen, why cant BF2?!

Converge said:
If you dont find any bugs or glitches when you play BF2, then your not actually playing BF2.

ok will someone please tell me what problems or "BUGS" there finding??? I dont have any problems, or CTD, it CTD once when I firt got it, backing off ym overclcok 100Mhz has kept it form CTD since then...

I dont get it, all thease complaints about bugs but no one that can tell me what a singal bug is?

pagoon said:
4) Start leaving your moms basement and stop worrying so much about a fricken video game.

Good advice.

Complaining about a shoddy product that you paid money for is a bad idea. Just take it up the ass and smile like a good little bitch.

/sarcasm

Booby McNipples said:
Don't be ignorant. What, we can only post in this thread if we're gonna bash EA? And if we like BF2 we must be "spawn-camping noobs"? :rolleyes:

Just the opposite. My point was you can do both. You can bitch to try and get the game better, but still enjoy it. I do.

Spawn camping noob was just something funny to add in for you over sensitive types. ;)

EricDawg said:
Just the opposite. My point was you can do both. You can bitch to try and get the game better, but still enjoy it. I do.

Spawn camping noob was just something funny to add in for you over sensitive types. ;)

Fair enough.But just for the record, I'm not sensitive, I just cry easily! ;)

my copy of BF2 dont work as well as it did with the first patch, thats right i installed the hotfix and now it seems to have trouble but the point of this story is that you dont hear my bitchin, I will uninstall the game and reinstall it and see from then and as for the expansion pack yes I will buy it and yes I will be happy with it cuz it is a battlefield game and if the past has tought me anything it is that all battlefield games are riddles with issues for the first weeks or months but they get fixed and the games are friggen awsome!

Fistandantilis said:
my copy of BF2 dont work as well as it did with the first patch, thats right i installed the hotfix and now it seems to have trouble but the point of this story is that you dont hear my bitchin, I will uninstall the game and reinstall it and see from then and as for the expansion pack yes I will buy it and yes I will be happy with it cuz it is a battlefield game and if the past has tought me anything it is that all battlefield games are riddles with issues for the first weeks or months but they get fixed and the games are friggen awsome!

That's the longest fricken sentence I have ever read!

I plan on boycotting the expansion right until it comes out. :p

peacetilence said:
My boycott was realizing the demo was extremely flawed then proceeding to not buy the game in the first place.

+1

I can afford it but from the demo it didn't seem like something worthy of entering my gaming stash. I'm still waiting for something fresh. This game is every other fps I've played. It seems like nowadays the only reason I could find to buy these rehashed eye candies is to have lots of other people to play with. That's a crappy reason imo. I'm hoping somebody has the balls to break out. It won't be EA though. They know from their sports titles that it only takes the same game every year with gimmicks.

Hmmm, palyed for a good 2 hours last ngiht, still didnt see any bugs? no CTD, no glitches, no LAG....get better computers or stop bitching because of bugs (caugh...cant run it...caugh)

Fistandantilis said:
If the past taught you anything, you'd also realize that BF expansions are not popular when it comes to online play. So why get it?

dissonance said:
+1

I can afford it but from the demo it didn't seem like something worthy of entering my gaming stash. I'm still waiting for something fresh. This game is every other fps I've played. It seems like nowadays the only reason I could find to buy these rehashed eye candies is to have lots of other people to play with. That's a crappy reason imo. I'm hoping somebody has the balls to break out. It won't be EA though. They know from their sports titles that it only takes the same game every year with gimmicks.
I hate to break it to you, but you're going to be waiting forever for a game you want. You can only do so much with FPSs. Just about everything that can be done has been done, although small elements can be added to make it different.

I dont understand why people say BF2 is really "buggy" It will crash occasionally every couple of days but that may be caused by my overclocked videocard. Once you get it into the game it kicks ass.

I have to agree with DeathBOB. I broke down Saturday, and even with all the negative posts, I bought the game after enjoying the demo for a few hours Friday night. The retail game is lots of fun and I haven't run into any bugs yet. I have a super duper system (7800bfg, 4000+, 2gbram, etc) so the game runs like butter which makes it much more enjoyable and playable than it was on my 9800 system that I had previously. Maybe that makes the difference, I don't know. But still, the GUI is a pile of crap and the menu system was designed by retarded monkeys on crack, but the game itself is a blast on a server with a good team.

It amazes me there are so many people in this thread with tunnel vision. Just because the game works fine for you now, does not mean that another patch wont be released and break your game. Just because it is playable on your machine does not mean that in runs fine for other people. If posters still don't get this they must have little to no experience in gaming and are defiantly not [H]ard.

The bigger problem, which people don't seem to get, is that there is a very disturbing trend in the gaming industry, of games being released in pre-beta states and then patched all to hell afterwards. People saying "oh well it works on my hardware", or "just wait for the patch" are incredible naive. To not voice your concern, is the same as saying this trend in the gaming industry is ok and you accept it. Just because this game works fine does not mean the next beta retail game will.

Sure a lot of you can shoot off your mouth at posters who have problems with the game, but when it happens to you, you will be bitching just the same, so please get off your high horse and try to understand where the op is comming from.

Heck, there was an article in the New York Times this Sunday saying some people are buying whole new systems just because of spyware infections and crap like that. That's right, some people are just buying a new computer, rather than spend the time to do a fresh install, etc. Their time is worth more to them than several hundred dollars.

I'm the Dude said:
Heck, there was an article in the New York Times this Sunday saying some people are buying whole new systems just because of spyware infections and crap like that. That's right, some people are just buying a new computer, rather than spend the time to do a fresh install, etc. Their time is worth more to them than several hundred dollars.
Most people have no idea that you can reinstall Windows.

bonkrowave said:
It amazes me there are so many people in this thread with tunnel vision. Just because the game works fine for you now, does not mean that another patch wont be released and break your game. Just because it is playable on your machine does not mean that in runs fine for other people. If posters still don't get this they must have little to no experience in gaming and are defiantly not [H]ard.

As of this post there are 40,444 people playing BF2 according to gamespy. Thats 40,000 people playing a "pre-beta" game without problems. I dont actually know a single player who cannot play this game (other than people with old cards like GF4). So I should boycott a game because it might be rendered unusable in a future patch? If problems are as widespread as you say they are, why are so many people playing? Even with the memory leak from the 1.01 patch things never got that bad. The worst thign that happened was some lag and a server crash every few hours. Annoying, but usuable.

Anyways, I will get the expansion. Should add some fun stuff.

ProwlerTech said:
abd.gif

deathBOB said:
As of this post there are 40,444 people playing BF2 according to gamespy. Thats 40,000 people playing a "pre-beta" game without problems. I dont actually know a single player who cannot play this game (other than people with old cards like GF4). So I should boycott a game because it might be rendered unusable in a future patch? If problems are as widespread as you say they are, why are so many people playing? Even with the memory leak from the 1.01 patch things never got that bad. The worst thign that happened was some lag and a server crash every few hours. Annoying, but usuable.

As stated earlier, If you think BF2 is so flawless, with a well written engine, and no bugs, you are not playing BF2.

And you argument is entirely flawed, thats like saying the retail release of WoW was perfect and bug free, because 500,000 people were playing it right off the bat.

bonkrowave said:
The bigger problem, which people don't seem to get, is that there is a very disturbing trend in the gaming industry, of games being released in pre-beta states and then patched all to hell afterwards. People saying "oh well it works on my hardware", or "just wait for the patch" are incredible naive. To not voice your concern, is the same as saying this trend in the gaming industry is ok and you accept it. Just because this game works fine does not mean the next beta retail game will.

I think BF2 is production quality. People who call it "beta" have no clue how complex developing PC game is. The software has to be written to work on a wide varity of hardware. There will be glitches, and there will be patches. People who can't understand this, or considers it very inconvenient to deal with it, should be using XBox or PS2. Those games are pretty much bug free because of the single hardware platform.

bonkrowave said:
As stated earlier, If you think BF2 is so flawless, with a well written engine, and no bugs, you are not playing BF2.

And you argument is entirely flawed, thats like saying the retail release of WoW was perfect and bug free, because 500,000 people were playing it right off the bat.

^^^ ' For the Win.

I fully agree with you. BF2 is fun when it works but that is only about half of the time.

Back