[BOXED] BFG Geforce FX 5800 Ultra

STHd.gif

I know these cards are super rare and are as loud as a 747 Jet, but I still dont get the novelty of It anymore than other less common flagship GPUs. The price premium people expect or maybe even pay on these is crazy.

The cards as exciting because they were interesting flops imo.
Price tag is too high for me even If I had the money.

Reactions: erek
like this
One will appreciate in value, the other depreciate. I can't believe I'm saying this but the 5800 is the smarter buy here. (lol)

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it...so to me, the 5800 is worthless...Im not quite ready to consider an old video card an appreciating asset.....Im am curious to see what it sells for though...(if it sells)

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it...so to me, the 5800 is worthless...Im not quite ready to consider an old video card an appreciating asset.....Im am curious to see what it sells for though...(if it sells)

How much longer til you can consider an old video card an appreciating asset? Just curious, what would be the tipping point for you?

In light of the prices for these, I picked up a Quadro FX2000 for 25 bucks for a retro build recently. As stated value is determined what someone will pay for something. Just like very old baseball cards, nothing more than a piece of paper and if you will history, yet can be worth so much.

How much longer til you can consider an old video card an appreciating asset? Just curious, what would be the tipping point for you?

I cant really say, but a good start would be when more than .001% of the population had an interest in them as a collectible item... :)..but lets see what this particular card sells at, if it even sells before we talk more...

like this
I cant really say, but a good start would be when more than .001% of the population had an interest in them as a collectible item... :)..but lets see what this particular card sells at, if it even sells before we talk more...

Underwhelming results for this auction, in my humble opinion:
Sold for:
US $1,200.00

there was one just before this that had no FlowFX cooler OR Box and sold for $1136

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like it didn't sell. Not surprised since the collector's market for these is probably immensely small.

I could never see myself dropping this type of cash on nostalgic hardware, but to each their own.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
like this
Back