Boutique Laptop Builders

mikeczyz

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if you guys could help me put together a list of boutique laptop builders. I am looking at building/configuring a 17" gaming laptop and would like to know what my options are before I pull the trigger.

Thus far I have:
ibuypower
xoticpc
maingear
alienware
falcon nw

Thanks!
Mike

GenTechPC (also reached by going to 1toppc.com). They have a high rep on NotebookReview, similar to XoticPC. They deal in Asus, Sager/Clevo, MSI, and more.

I'm guessing you aren't a big Linux user, but if you wanted to buy from a Clevo OEM that was Linux-centric/friendly, System76 and ZaReason are two great options. (ZaReason's hardware seems underpowered and older, however).

From the "Full Experience" like Maingear or FalconNorthwest list, OriginPC also has a good reputation and creates some impressive work. Someone once told me that OriginPC is a project by the same guy that used to run ThunderboxPC and if that is true, then they would be my first choice - Thunderbox's proprietor was one of the nicest, most helpful guys in the business around a decade ago.

You're right, not a Linux user...I had Ubuntu installed on my netbook for a while but decided to move to Winxp after a few months.

Thank you for your help!

Back