Bought SF4AE before the Steamworks switch? You now have a giftable copy

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
Shameless copy paste from neogaf, because today I am lazy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827548
Basically, game is being transfered from GFWL to Steamworks. When this happens, Steam will create a new key for the steamworks version, you'll own a different key.

But, the GFWL keys are redeemable on Steam.

What does this mean? the Key you own, which you can see by right-clicking the game and clicking "CD Key", can actually be redeemed on Steam right now, as a completely different copy of the game.

they will *probably* fix this, and as soon as the switch happens you probably wont see that key anymore, so hey, gift away.

They haven't "fixed" it......, yet.
Is there a giving soul that will send me a key? :D
Gift away

It wouldn't surprise me if they not only fix this but also remove copies created in this way.

since I don't keep up with everything that comes out, and im at work, i have NO clue what game you are even talking about.

Cant click steam links @ work... I should just abbreviating everything I say or refer to... that new game PH on the DL was BBQBBWXY!

Yeah, if anyone else has a spare one I'll happily take it off you hands. I'll even promise to play you and let you win :D

since I don't keep up with everything that comes out, and im at work, i have NO clue what game you are even talking about.

Cant click steam links @ work... I should just abbreviating everything I say or refer to... that new game PH on the DL was BBQBBWXY!

STREET FIGHTER 4 : ARCADE EDITION

What else could it be?

About this... they did hide the "CD Key" link in the game's library page in Steam.

However, if you bought SSF4AE on Steam in the past and are looking for your GFWL key since they hid it, you might want to try looking in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp45760. The GFWL key is under there. The key will only show up there after you have run the game once and you would likely have had to run it before the transition otherwise I don't think it any longer generates that key.

You get that key from there and you can likely give it to someone and it'll activate another copy.

Back