Bought New Xbox One S (Was unit used?)

JJ91284

Gawd
I bought a new Xbox One S during the Black Friday sale from Walmart Online and just picked it up. Upon starting it and letting the Xbox update the system and setting up my email and all the normal Microsoft startup requirements, I noticed something weird.

As I was going to put my included Halo game codes that came in the box, the welcome screen said Hello TuftedGorgon824. Is it safe to assume that this Xbox One S was used by someone and then returned. Can you think of any major downfalls or issues that I need to be concerned with if this unit was infact used and returned.

I dont think your xbox is used. That sounds like the generic gamertag your xbox gives you the first time. You can change it to whatever you want the first time for free.

I dont think your xbox is used. That sounds like the generic gamertag your xbox gives you the first time. You can change it to whatever you want the first time for free.

Thanks for the insight, I checked the serial number on the box and the units serial number sticker on the back and they matched. I also just figured out how to check the serial number in the console settings. I bought the unit for my nephew and the last console I owned was the original Xbox...LOL

Back