Bought my first ASIC, INNOSILICON A8+ CryptoMaster

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.innosilicon.com/html/a8+-miner/index.html

Mining on Mining Pool Hub with a Cryptonight hashrate of 263kh/s. Each of my Vega FE's and Vega 64 can do a little over 2kh/s each Hash power wise, I am looking at 130 Vega 64s for this algorithm on this one ASIC at 480w, which is less power than my 3 Vega's combined. While that may sound great, others who also have ASICs drive up the difficulty level for the coins it can mine, making GPU's not able to effectively mine those coins. Down side - Noisy! I may have to build a sound proofing box.

how much $ for a vega?
Keeping the two Vega FE's and Vega 64 - Still can mine Monero profitably, game, plus 3d work. I stopped mining on the 1070s and 1080TIs. Keeping the 1080TIs, not sure about the 1070s.

He did say Monero. That is the coin, brah. Otherwise, I honestly don't know what other profitable coins can be mined, I'm sure there is a bunch out there. Maybe someone from the forums can say, maybe google-fu can say...

He did say Monero. That is the coin, brah. Otherwise, I honestly don't know what other profitable coins can be mined, I'm sure there is a bunch out there. Maybe someone from the forums can say, maybe google-fu can say...

Facepalm for obvious reasons.

Facepalm for obvious reasons.

the OP mentioned monero on his vega gpu cards, not the miner.

are you sure that thing can mine monero? i just plugged in 263kh/s into a calculator for monero and it's showing $157/day?! that can't be right? if so, i'm gonna go buy me a few too.

so this thing can mine cryptonightV7?

are you sure that thing can mine monero? i just plugged in 263kh/s into a calculator for monero and it's showing $157/day?! that can't be right? if so, i'm gonna go buy me a few too.

You quoted the wrong person. This ASIC cannot mine V7, nor does there appear any coins on MPH that are the old-CN. I have no idea what noko and serial are talking about.

No CryptonightV7 just CryptoNight. Coins it can mine are:
  • Electroneum ETN
  • Sumokoin SUMO
  • Bytecoin BCN
  • Karbo KRB
  • Monero Original XMO (nothing original about it, totally different team)
Personally I am interested in ETN but as in most Altcoins it's future is not set in stone for success. Just a very fast paced project with a very fast growing community and a savvy business leader. Yes at that hash rate and if it was mining CryptonightV7 it would be bringing home some major bucks, reality you would be doing good to get just $8/day today. When I ordered it, $15/day was the figure, months ago it would be way up there. Really not worth any short term returns here and may not be for long term. So I am just stock piling CryptoNight coins at the moment.

The $/day is only relevant when you actually convert to $. So if ETN goes back up to it's high (it may never) then today's work would give you 17/.7 x $4.65 = $112.90. Meaning one really doesn't know what a day of work will bring in $ until it is converted with the going rate for the coin which could be zero or something very nice, if that makes sense.

So if ETN goes back up to it's high (it may never) then today's work would give you 17/.7 x $4.65 = $112.90.

Can you explain your math there? Not following what you're calculating there. Didn't ETN peak at like 20 cents?

Can you explain your math there? Not following what you're calculating there. Didn't ETN peak at like 20 cents?
Maybe for a day or less at 20 cents. Math -> IF 17 cents as in some future point and current price is .7 cents with a days worth of mining = $4.65 -> that $4.65 day worth of mining today would turn into $112.90 at some future date. Now of course if it keeps going down then it would be worth even less than $4.65 and turn into a futile decision on mining. Buying a Cryptonight ASIC today does not appear like it will be a near term return - more long term guessing :). If one want to have a better return in the near term - about $50 per day currently, getting an Equihash ASIC (an algorithm that was supposed to be ASIC proof :) ) might be a more prudent path - $4,350 -> If you could maintain the return at $50day then 100 days to pay off.
Innosilicon A9 ZMaster
http://hashdeploy.com/?page_id=10

The $/day is only relevant when you actually convert to $. So if ETN goes back up to it's high (it may never) then today's work would give you 17/.7 x $4.65 = $112.90. Meaning one really doesn't know what a day of work will bring in $ until it is converted with the going rate for the coin which could be zero or something very nice, if that makes sense.
It wont... I was there early mining with vegas and haven't sold even one coin. The community and leadership are crap. It is a marketing guy with zero tech skills. A coin must be driven by tech.

Maybe for a day or less at 20 cents. Math -> IF 17 cents as in some future point and current price is .7 cents with a days worth of mining = $4.65 -> that $4.65 day worth of mining today would turn into $112.90 at some future date. Now of course if it keeps going down then it would be worth even less than $4.65 and turn into a futile decision on mining. Buying a Cryptonight ASIC today does not appear like it will be a near term return - more long term guessing :). If one want to have a better return in the near term - about $50 per day currently, getting an Equihash ASIC (an algorithm that was supposed to be ASIC proof :) ) might be a more prudent path - $4,350 -> If you could maintain the return at $50day then 100 days to pay off.
Innosilicon A9 ZMaster
http://hashdeploy.com/?page_id=10

Why would etn go up in value is the question.

Reactions: Parja
like this
Back