Bought my first arcade game!

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
gl.jpg

I bought my first arcade game yesterday, Gauntlet legends, in great shape. All the controls are responsive and the game plays nicely. Some scraches on it due to it being in a regular arcade but not too bad. Bought it for $600.

Any idea how to get this arcade monitor to attach to a pc?

Arcade Monitors are inferior to PC Monitors most of the time, its not really worth it. Im personally thinking about building my own and throwing in a PSX or maybe MAME in it.

Arcade Monitors are inferior to PC Monitors most of the time, its not really worth it. Im personally thinking about building my own and throwing in a PSX or maybe MAME in it.

I would still rather own an official one than an imitation arcade game.

That's pretty sweet IceDigger, I love that game. If only the Redneck Pallace had room for such things :(

|MaguS| said:

Real arcade monitors look more natural with arcade games than PC monitors though.

uhm.. and isnt 600 a bit much for that?

I have Killer Instinct at home. bought the PCB and HD on EBAY for 75.00 and got a case locally for 350.00....its so sweet to play this game at home :D :D

I wanna get one of those racing cabinets and stuff...but they're like 15 grand for a 2-seater, 8 grand for 1... :(

I have 3 arcade cabinets (Neo-Geo 4 Slot; vertically-oriented cab for shooters; horizontal monitor primarily for Capcom arcade games) all of which are sitdown, Japanese-style, models--paid no more than $350 for each (sans games) about 3 years ago.

Games run from as low as $10 and up to a grand and it's a good investment to keep people away from your more valuable equipment at parties, etc. ;)

fromage said:
I wanna get one of those racing cabinets and stuff...but they're like 15 grand for a 2-seater, 8 grand for 1... :(

I was gonna ask but you already answered. Man that sucks! I want Daytona or Initial D so bad!

I got a friend of mine who is unbelivably rich and for christmas his dad bought him 2 daytona arcade setups. 4 people madness :eek: Its so much fun.

Enjoy. Gauntlet was a lot of fun.

I had the opportunity to purchase a Ms. Pac-Man cocktail table machine for $200 after a pizza joint was going out of business. I had the high score on it too. Still kicking myself for not doing that. I'll get one someday.

hey welcome to the club i bought a final fight machine for a 110, gutted it and made it into a mame machine. Awesome fun. If you need help the with the monitor goto http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html, pretty easy way to hook it upto your computer, but then what are you going to do with your arcade buttons?

Alias said:
I was gonna ask but you already answered. Man that sucks! I want Daytona or Initial D so bad!

I want Initial D too... But since I can't afford 20 grand anytime soon, I'll just stick to 50 cents a play at my local arcade...

Yeah, it would be fun to have a racing arcade, especially a 2 seater to play head to head.

Another really fun arcade would be Silent Scope, especially the 2 player one. It's so much fun playing head to head trying to find each other.

the reason that arcade monitors look more 'authentic' is because of their low res and scanlines. :)

I want to get Area 51...HOLY CRAP!!! I spent like $35 in quarters playing that game while on a skiing trip...that is one fun game...

My MAME cabinet.

1010131r1thumb4ur.jpg

Bought an old Street Fighter 2 CE cabinet and refinished it. That picture is actually older, I have done some more work on it since I took it.

I got a Speed Buggy cab (sans monitor) and a bunch of parts for christmas. I've been working on it all winter break. I'm gonna turn it into a MAME cab. The process would go alot quicker if I actually had money.

we'll while were at it, here's mine, i've yet to get an arcade monitor with a vga out but i will sometime or another:

IMG_0091.jpg

^^^
You should spraypaint the monitor frame and the keyboard black to match the rest of the cabinet...it would improve it a lot IMO...nice job

Metallica_Band said:
^^^
You should spraypaint the monitor frame and the keyboard black to match the rest of the cabinet...it would improve it a lot IMO...nice job
ehh i rather just get a monitor that would properly fit the bezel but i gotta wait till i rank up $220.

Awesome MAME cabinets guys. I think I might just leave mine as is and keep it original.

Back