Become a Patron!

Bought LG display off ebay, didn't get an AC / DC adapter...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Aaronizer, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Aaronizer

Aaronizer n00bie

I'm not posting to seek a resolution from eBay, but I need help / ideas on finding a cheap adapter that will work with this.

Seller basically said that it was included, but wasn't included on arrival. Seller says he can't find it and offers a "$15 credit towards future purchases from his store*

I''ve a bunch of power adapters around the house that should have suitible stats to power the display, however, the DC connector is different from everything i have, and those "universal" things from MY walmart are costing like $60 bucks :/ Which is almost what I paid for the display, and I'm unsure even if it got it, that it would have a suitable DC connector that fits, and if I bought it, I might aswell return this and buy a brand new display for $125.

My question is, do most recent LG displays use the same DC connector? IE: If I bought one for another model display on eBay, can I count on it to fit? I could purchase one for $6-$8. There are also universal ones selling for $15-$20, but none of them seems to list LG as a compatible brand.

I bought the display for GP, but right now, it's just sitting in a box, and I can't even test it to see if it works. I asked seller to offer a partial refund, only enough for me to buy the charger, which i wold think is fair, since it's their mistake, but they're refusing to respond at this point, maybe trying to keep me waiting for a resolution until I can no longer file a claim, which I also think is kinda shitty,.

Any help with ideas for an adapter that would work would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I know is that it needs a 19V supply. Not sure of wattage needed.

Model is LG 24MP58VQ-P

Thanks.

2. [21CW]killerofall

[21CW]killerofall [H]ard|Gawd

3. Aaronizer

Aaronizer n00bie

I'm more worried about finding something with a DC connector that will fit. Everything I have is either too big or too small.

4. tchalikias

tchalikias n00bie

Can you post a photo of the connector?

5. zpackrat

zpackrat Gawd

eff that, file a claim, you don't even know if it works, and a credit in the sellers store, not a cash credit. that's full shady right there.