Bought Dell U2311 considering U3011. Please advice

Biosphere

Weaksauce
Just bought the dell u2311 as a test. Have been through a hell of monitors HP 2475, LG 26" IPS, NEC 24WMGX3
But I find u2311 just too small and hate the 16:9 aspect.

So Regarding the U3011:
- Concerned about the buzzing sound people talk about. The U2311 is dead silent
- Concerned about the sRGB mode. Will it look as natural as u2311 72% ntsc
- will it be as fast for gaming .U2311 has some blur but I can live with it.

Hope someone can share some input on this

Thanx in advance

I'm really enjoying this monitor for games.

I dislike this monitor for browsing the web.

Granted I only exchanged the monitor one time, but the tinting / uniformity on the two I have had is bad. The second may be an improvement, but the more I use it the more it is starting to bug me.

On white or solid light color backgrounds with a window maximized, it plain sucks.

For everything else it appears fantastic. Go figure...

I'd honestly exchange again, but after spending another 40 minutes on the phone, talking to three different people, just to get a return mailing label they forgot to send, I'm going to grudgingly deal with this one.

I'd advise you to check one out in person (thuroughly) and be more willing then I was to exchange for a better one.

Just bought the dell u2311 as a test. Have been through a hell of monitors HP 2475, LG 26" IPS, NEC 24WMGX3
But I find u2311 just too small and hate the 16:9 aspect.

So Regarding the U3011:
- Concerned about the buzzing sound people talk about. The U2311 is dead silent
- Concerned about the sRGB mode. Will it look as natural as u2311 72% ntsc
- will it be as fast for gaming .U2311 has some blur but I can live with it.

Hope someone can share some input on this

Thanx in advance

No one can predict what your particular monitor will be like regarding perfect tinting, no buzzing etc. There are people who have received buzz-free 3011 (or at least claim they have).

For the other points - sRGB mode is good on the 3011. Should look a lot like the 2311 after calibration. The 3011 is faster than the 2410, according to FlatpanelsHD - I doubt there is a significant difference in blurring between the 2311 and 3011. And it is 16:10 (and much higher res) so you should like that.

If I was you, I'd be concerned about being able to drive the 3011 at native resolutions for gaming. That requires some grunt, and SLI/CF in many cases.

No one can predict what your particular monitor will be like regarding perfect tinting, no buzzing etc. There are people who have received buzz-free 3011 (or at least claim they have).

For the other points - sRGB mode is good on the 3011. Should look a lot like the 2311 after calibration. The 3011 is faster than the 2410, according to FlatpanelsHD - I doubt there is a significant difference in blurring between the 2311 and 3011. And it is 16:10 (and much higher res) so you should like that.

If I was you, I'd be concerned about being able to drive the 3011 at native resolutions for gaming. That requires some grunt, and SLI/CF in many cases.

I get away just fine with a 6870 oced personally. But then again i dont play Metro 2011.

Other then size and resolution the U2311H has the upper hand. Faster response time, lower input lag and much better contrast.

If you have 1000$ to spend maybe consider waiting sense most companies have announced new monitor line ups.

The 2311 does not have "much better" contrast.

It takes a factor of ~2 to make a very noticeable difference in contrast. 900:1 versus 820:1 (out of the box) is not "much better". After calibration, the differences are similar.

I am as well considering the Dell U3011(well two of them) to repalce my ages 2x BenQ G2400W TN panels.

How til lthe bump up be from 24? Will a dual 30" be to much.?

Thanx for all comments. Seems thread took on a life of it's own

Just wanted to add that my U2311 does indeed emit noise from the psu. It's like a howling noise. I have a somewhat noisy pc so didn't detect it until now. But once you detected it. You hear it all the time. I'm happy I didn't buy one of the bigger models. However I'm pretty sure I'm sending this one back for a refund. Never touching Dell again. That's just embarrassing design. It should have never left the designtable

Going back to my old trusted Samsung 1200NF which is unfortunately slowly dying. Might consider the HP ZR30

Back