Bought bf3 and mw3 some thoughts

goodl

Limp Gawd
DICE need to take.a leaf out of Treyarch's book on the single player mode, what I wouldn't have given for the divine multiplayer of BF3 to be matched with campaign mode as dramatic and cinematic as MW3. I know it's an old engine but it still impressed me, I just kept thinking how utterly beautiful it would look in frostbite 2, BF3 sp disappointed me greatly, I spent half of it prone,in the dark

Yep, BF has never had a good sp experience.

So if you want good SP, go with CoD. If you want great MP, go BF3.

MW2 Single player was completely forgettable. By the time you reached the end it was so cheesy and out of place that the last good COD game to tell a story was COD4.

Everything else after that was shit. BF3 was just as shitty. So was Gears of War 3. Deus EX HR despite a shitty ending, was the last good FPS game to have a story.

I found myself pretty impressed with the cinematic set pieces on MW3 especially since I hadn't gone in expecting it to be anything more than a cheesy snooze fest (stepson is mad about COD, been into battlefield sing 1942) I thought (story aside) that it was very cinematic and exciting visually.

DICE need to take.a leaf out of Treyarch's book on the single player mode, what I wouldn't have given for the divine multiplayer of BF3 to be matched with campaign mode as dramatic and cinematic as MW3. I know it's an old engine but it still impressed me, I just kept thinking how utterly beautiful it would look in frostbite 2, BF3 sp disappointed me greatly, I spent half of it prone,in the dark

Dont you mean Infinity Ward?

Bad Company had a great campaign IMO, and BC2 was also a lot of fun.

Yeah the original Bad Company campaign was very good, and would have been a fantastic template for future campaigns but no...DICE decided to ape COD while taking potshots at it.

BF3 sp disappointed me greatly, I spent half of it prone,in the dark

:confused:

Did we even play the same game?

There was like one or two times where you had to crawl through a pipe/vent/something.

Dont get me wrong there were some real 'Wow' moments in there, I just think the SP of MW3 has more of an wnjoyable run and gun factor that seemed to be lacking, plus there was too much time spent in darkness. As I said though MP no contest it's BF3

Dont get me wrong there were some real 'Wow' moments in there, I just think the SP of MW3 has more of an wnjoyable run and gun factor that seemed to be lacking, plus there was too much time spent in darkness. As I said though MP no contest it's BF3

that is pretty realistic though. Most of the time enemy movements or insertions take place in total darkness. I suppose you read a special forces book or anything like that.

It may be realistic, but not as much fun. I definitely enjoy COD SP better than BF3 SP, and I'm a huge BF3 MP fanboy. :p

DICE need to take.a leaf out of Treyarch's book on the single player mode, what I wouldn't have given for the divine multiplayer of BF3 to be matched with campaign mode as dramatic and cinematic as MW3.

Well, right there is why I don't like the MW series in SP much at all. I hate scripted cinematic games. If I wanted to have my hand held I would never have moved out of my parent's house.

LOVED MW2 campaign. Some of the set pieces with the Hans Zimmer soundtrack were fantastic. The entire 'Gulag' level was spectacular as well from start to finish. I hated the mulitplayer and hated the BLOPS campaign.

I'm a bit wary about MW3 as I'm not sure who's even made the thing or whether there will be any of the same developers involved. BLOPS was so poor it was obviously a different team.

I only really want it for the campaign as I have BF3 for multiplayer but I'm reluctant to drop 35 quid or whatever if the campaign isn't as brilliant as MW2.

You wanted some thoughts?
- $120 on games in ~2 weeks? Wow, more disposable income than I have..
- You played the single player in Battlefield?? Why?

Back