Bought a Razer Blade Stealth 2019

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
Graphics version with the 4k touch screen. My G5 5587 is just too big to carry around all the time. I'm pretty excited to get it!!!

Everything about this laptop, I love. The screen is amazingly beautiful.

However, it is a slowwwwwww panel. The ghosting is stupid.

The QHD+ IGZOs the older models used didn't ghost that bad. For a second there, I thought this was the new 4k OLED. Then it would have been a ~$3k refund.

Last edited:
Request for RMA entered. I was thinking about getting a Blade 15 with the 2060 and 144Hz FHD panel.

Ok, so panel is garbage. I couldn't find any info on it before I bought the laptop, but figured it would be better than this. Its 30ms.....30ms on a $1700 laptop.

Working on a refund right now.

http://www.panelook.com/B133ZAN02.0_AUO_13.3_LCM_parameter_32972.html

I'm betting that Razer thought it wouldn't be too much of an issue with at most an MX150... but yeah. That's ass, and they do market it as a gaming laptop.

Do both available panels have that issue? Maybe the 1080p panel is better?

[not meaning to be rude, but I have a hard time understanding why someone would want a 4k panel on a 13" laptop- it just seems like such an odd fit, as you have to use scaling which is poorly implemented by many Windows and other apps, and you lose battery life versus the 1080p panels, among other things...]

I'm betting that Razer thought it wouldn't be too much of an issue with at most an MX150... but yeah. That's ass, and they do market it as a gaming laptop.

Do both available panels have that issue? Maybe the 1080p panel is better?

[not meaning to be rude, but I have a hard time understanding why someone would want a 4k panel on a 13" laptop- it just seems like such an odd fit, as you have to use scaling which is poorly implemented by many Windows and other apps, and you lose battery life versus the 1080p panels, among other things...]

I was able to find the model number for the 1080 panel, and it too is 30ms+.

The reason for the 4K was just because. It was on sale and the same price as the 1080 panel, and I wanted a bright and colorful panel, and I really wanted touch. Touch is only offered on the 4K.
Those ghosting was just completely terrible, though.
Here is another video, of Diablo 3 just going to mud.

The reason for the 4K was just because. It was on sale and the same price as the 1080 panel, and I wanted a bright and colorful panel, and I really wanted touch. Touch is only offered on the 4K.

If it's not a 2-in-1... touch is generally a bad idea. Made that mistake with my XPS13, and the newer ones are worse with even thinner bezels. I disabled it in the UEFI. With respect to the panels- that sucks. Razer would get a profanity-laced email in very proper corporate format, and I'd be screaming it from the rooftops. It's literally a betrayal of their brand. We're talking circa-2005 response times here- and they dare to market it as 'gaming'.

Also, I see 4k on almost laptop as just paying for poorer battery life. On my XPS13, I relented to running it at 1/4 resolution, because otherwise shit was just unevenly out of whack.

[note: if Razer didn't market it as a gaming laptop, but instead pimped it for color work a la an Apple but without their shitty OS and ecosystem, that'd be cool- but they'd need to be upfront about it rather than duplicitous]

If it's not a 2-in-1... touch is generally a bad idea. Made that mistake with my XPS13, and the newer ones are worse with even thinner bezels. I disabled it in the UEFI. With respect to the panels- that sucks. Razer would get a profanity-laced email in very proper corporate format, and I'd be screaming it from the rooftops. It's literally a betrayal of their brand. We're talking circa-2005 response times here- and they dare to market it as 'gaming'.

Also, I see 4k on almost laptop as just paying for poorer battery life. On my XPS13, I relented to running it at 1/4 resolution, because otherwise shit was just unevenly out of whack.

[note: if Razer didn't market it as a gaming laptop, but instead pimped it for color work a la an Apple but without their shitty OS and ecosystem, that'd be cool- but they'd need to be upfront about it rather than duplicitous]

I use touch very frequently on my work laptop(Elitebook ReVolve) and I love it. I never use the tablet mode because...well, I just don't. The touch is awesome for web browsing while the unit is in your lap while on a couch or in my truck.

All your other points are spot-on. Battery life isn't a huge concern for me, however. It's funny saying that while also saying I value portability.

I bought a Stealth myself. I need an Ultrabook sized laptop that can do light gaming (FF14, older games, emulation). Coming from an I5-5200 Dell XPS 13 it’s night and day.

I got the 1080P version during the sale for $1100. My eyes don’t see much ghosting but then again, I can’t see DLP rainbows either. So far I’ve got FF14 high at 720P 60FPS, Soul Calibur 6 medium at 60FPS (720P), and XCOM 2 High 720P at 30ish FPS. I’ll probably throw CIV and BF4 on there later.

Overall, it’s impressive. None of these games even ran on the Dell. But I wouldn’t pay $1600 for it.

I bought a Stealth myself. I need an Ultrabook sized laptop that can do light gaming (FF14, older games, emulation). Coming from an I5-5200 Dell XPS 13 it’s night and day.

I got the 1080P version during the sale for $1100. My eyes don’t see much ghosting but then again, I can’t see DLP rainbows either. So far I’ve got FF14 high at 720P 60FPS, Soul Calibur 6 medium at 60FPS (720P), and XCOM 2 High 720P at 30ish FPS. I’ll probably throw CIV and BF4 on there later.

Overall, it’s impressive. None of these games even ran on the Dell. But I wouldn’t pay $1600 for it.

I might have been OK with it at $1100, but at $1800 after tax, no sir.

I am extremely happy with the Advanced model I got. It's not perfect, but I can't imagine it betting any better

I might have been OK with it at $1100, but at $1800 after tax, no sir.

I am extremely happy with the Advanced model I got. It's not perfect, but I can't imagine it betting any better

The advanced model would be what I would go with if I didn’t need an Ultrabook size. After watching my Wife’s Dell overheat with a 960m, I think Razer is the way to go.

I did finally notice a little LCD blur, but it didn’t bother me too much.

I’m able to get 60FPS at 720P in FF14 High settings, 30 FPS at 720P in XCOM 2 high settings, 60 FPS in BF4 medium at 1080P, and 60FPS High settings at 1080P in Redout.

Simple graphic, e-sport, and older games like TF2 can usually get a locked or solid 60FPS at 1080 at High to Ultra settings.

....and it can run Crysis....

What FPS are you getting from the advanced model?

Overall, I’m very happy. I just ordered a Sabrent Phison E12 controller NVME 1TB SSD to replace the stock 256GB one.

The advanced model would be what I would go with if I didn’t need an Ultrabook size. After watching my Wife’s Dell overheat with a 960m, I think Razer is the way to go.

I did finally notice a little LCD blur, but it didn’t bother me too much.

I’m able to get 60FPS at 720P in FF14 High settings, 30 FPS at 720P in XCOM 2 high settings, 60 FPS in BF4 medium at 1080P, and 60FPS High settings at 1080P in Redout.

Simple graphic, e-sport, and older games like TF2 can usually get a locked or solid 60FPS at 1080 at High to Ultra settings.

....and it can run Crysis....

What FPS are you getting from the advanced model?

Overall, I’m very happy. I just ordered a Sabrent Phison E12 controller NVME 1TB SSD to replace the stock 256GB one.

So far, I've only played two games.

In BFV, ultra with ultra RT in the campaign I hang 45-55. I haven't played since the new miracle driver.

In Dragon Quest XI with everything cranked, I hang around 120. If there isn't much grass or water, I'll get to 180 or so.

So far, I've only played two games.

In BFV, ultra with ultra RT in the campaign I hang 45-55. I haven't played since the new miracle driver.

In Dragon Quest XI with everything cranked, I hang around 120. If there isn't much grass or water, I'll get to 180 or so.

If only they could get GSYNC to work with Optimus...

Been playing this Dragonquest XI for a bit. I kept thinking to myself, "damn, all these characters remind me of Dragonball". Well, completed chapter 1 and the intro credits/scene rolled...Character Designer: Akira Toriyama. Lol.

They have.

I haven’t seen one yet, but would love to if you know of a model that supports it!

Toriyama’s art style is just engrained into me now. My wife has been loving that game (PS4 Pro), but I’ve never been able to get into it.

I had to exchange me Blade Stealth. The audio is popping and crackling really badly when the CPU is under load. Razer was helpful about it. I guess Linus scared all these companies after his undercover series.

I haven’t seen one yet, but would love to if you know of a model that supports it!

Toriyama’s art style is just engrained into me now. My wife has been loving that game (PS4 Pro), but I’ve never been able to get into it.

I had to exchange me Blade Stealth. The audio is popping and crackling really badly when the CPU is under load. Razer was helpful about it. I guess Linus scared all these companies after his undercover series.

That new Zephyrus S or whatever has it, iirc.

THG used to do that problem call to verify support way back in the day

Ah, so still not simultaneous- but relatively painless, which is the next best thing!

I thought that's what you were looking for. Didn't realize anyone was looking for simultaneous operation. I guess it'd be good for battery gaming?

Mostly just not having to worry about it. I.e., go from gaming on power to mobile productivity- and then back, as a typical day may be.

You forget? Well, there went your battery so find an outlet -or- why the hell is there tearing?!?

Etc.

Mostly just not having to worry about it. I.e., go from gaming on power to mobile productivity- and then back, as a typical day may be.

You forget? Well, there went your battery so find an outlet -or- why the hell is there tearing?!?

Etc.

Ah, so more of an automatic solution.

Probably will be here Soon™

Back