Bought a house in Oblivion. Now what?

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought the Manor in Anvil for 5,000 gold today. Now what? What can I do with it? Are there any missions associated with it? Can I put new stuff in?

You can store items in it and place things where you want them. It's basically just a place to store your stuff.

mostly storing your items. really handy because otherwise you get bogged down carrying it all with you

Each major city has a house you can buy, along with a shopkeeper to buy house upgrades. When you bought the house, he should have told you were to go to spend money on upgrades.

There's a sub-quest that comes with ther purchase of the house. Just sleep in the bed upstairs and follow the instructions from there on.

IIRC the Anvil house furnishings can't be upgraded but there is a quested related to the house. Big thing with a house is having containers for your items and the ease of storage. Last toon I played had the house Chorrol and I enjoyed buying the furnishings with my treasure booty. ;)

The anvill house ends up being the cheepest, as when you finish the quest lines you get all the furnishings for free. Where as all the other houses require you to spend quite a bit of money on them.

I bought that house to but where is the guy that sold it to me, I can't find him to talk to him about the ghosts?!?!

I think he went back to the imperial city. Make the quest your active quest and it will give u directions.

You don't need to buy a house to store stuff. I haven't played Oblivion in a long time but if you go to that house where the priests get killed you can take over that house and store your stuff there for free.

Real purpose of the house is store stuff and do quest related to that house (if any.)

Some house have greater purpose such as Wizard's tower.

If your into Sims... You might be interested in decorating your house. (Difficult to do but doable)

or if you got really bored like i did one day you can spend hours decorating it with items you have in your inventory :D

Krenum said:
or if you got really bored like i did one day you can spend hours decorating it with items you have in your inventory :D
lol i was just lazy, i would throw all my looted junk in the corner (and just end up with a huge pile of weapons/armor etc..)

You have to follow the process of life. You get a good job, then you buy a house, next you get married and have kids.

So get married and have kids.

ok i know this has...sorta been answered here and there but i am officially asking:
Can u get maniquins, display cases, ect. for your house in Anvil (When spirts take lease quest) on Xbox 360?

I downloaded house mods myself. Bought several of the in game houses but they were all way to small and cramped for all my loot and had nothing for display areas.

I keep meaning to go build my own house in the editor but keep getting distracted by other things.

I downloaded a manakin mod, so I stored my loot very fashionable. Oh, and the mod allowed you to pose the manakins, so buttsecks was definetly in order.

If you went with an adjustable rate mortgage, your goose is cooked unless you qualify for the federal handout. Beware the government knows of all your online credit card purchases in the future too.

Oh wait.. :p

you can build your own house? how do you do that? and can u for Xbox 360?

No, you need the Oblivion editor that allows you to modify content on the PC version. There are some mods that are modified to work with the 360, but I don't know where you might get those or if any of them will let you assemble a house.

No, you need the Oblivion editor that allows you to modify content on the PC version. There are some mods that are modified to work with the 360, but I don't know where you might get those or if any of them will let you assemble a house.

ok thanks

I gotta re-install Oblivion....

No shit, I never beat the game, despite my 150+ hrs I put in. Mannequins FTW lol.

Before I could afford a house I just put all my stuff in some castle and it was always there if I wanted to get it. What an awesome game with the mods and stuff.

*looking for old save file*

oh yeah, remember when every thread on [H] was about this game? :D

Owning a house in each city is nice when your a vampire. Lifes rough for us night stalkers

Back