Bought a GTX 275, what to expect?

natermeister

Limp Gawd
I just bought a an eVGA GTX 275 to replace my 8800GT, how much production should I expect out of the thing? It's a base model, stock clocks.

I'm also going to pick up a second 8800GT used and put the two of them into an old AMD box and fold with them 24/7.

about a 50-70% improvement in PPD over the 8800GT.. i think its some where around 6k-8k PPD depending on the WU.. should be the same as a single gpu client on the gtx 295 since thats all the gtx 275 is..

Wow natermeister :eek: Please post your specs on folding with that nice GPU card :p That thing should really blow your shoe's off compared to a 8800GT :D

About 7k, easy 8k with some OC-ing. Enjoy the addition my friend. ;)

I've got mine running at 705/1620/1188 and I could probably push it a little further. The best numbers I've gotten were for the 5770 project (353 points) at 9531 PPD.

Those numbers aren't too bad. They are inline with what I was hoping :D

I'm looking to get a few of these with my next ramp up towards the end of July or early August. Hopefully the prices drop a little as well by then.

Those numbers aren't too bad. They are inline with what I was hoping :D

I'm looking to get a few of these with my next ramp up towards the end of July or early August. Hopefully the prices drop a little as well by then.

how much cheaper are multiple gtx 275's compared to a single gtx 295? i havent bothered to pay attention to nvidia pricing..

GTX295 (Dual PCB) is running 500 to 600. GTX275's can be had for low $200's. eVGA's are running 240ish.

Cooling is key for me. GTX295 (much like 9800GX2) don't push the heat OUT the case, but rather circulate it within the case. The GTX275 pushes the heat out.

I've seen some pictures of the single PCB GTX295, but can't tell (from the limited pictures) if it pushes the heat out or circulates it in.

thats not bad then.. 480 bucks for basically a gtx295.. sure it takes up 2 slots but id take the extra cooling any day..

Agreed. Thus the reason I am even looking at it. Heat with the 9800GX2's was a killer. On the GTX295, it's worse :(

Back