Bought A DI-624 Router, Can't Connect To The Internet

_cashel

[H]ard|Gawd
Some background info:
The ISP is Sprint DSL, right now there's only one computer connected to the router, a laptop. The laptop has both a built in wireless adapter and an ethernet port, neither of which work when trying to connect to the internet. The PPPoe username and password ARE correctly entered. The laptop seems to work fine when plugged directly to the modem, without the router. I haven't set any security settings up on the wireless connection yet mainly because I just want the internet to work, and where I live, nobody is going to be able to reach the connection ;) . I've reset both the modem and router several times and gone through the software install the modem a few times also, to no avail. I *haven't* done a firmware update, but I will, even though it shouldn't be required.

I really can't think of anything else to do, and I'm getting *very* ticked off at having to deal with this on christmas day :mad: . Chances are I'm just not thinking straight and missing something important, but I'd appreciate any and all insight you guys could give on this issue.

ive had tons of troubvle getting routers of any type and modems of any type working together, its really aggrivating. if its bothering you that much set it aside till you cool down and have time to work on it that isnt a special day.

ok... first unplug the modem for about 5 mins just to be sure its cleared of any settings they like to save the MAC of the network device plugged into them and only allow that to get IPs from them. Also power down the router too after doing a HARDWARE RESET on it... leave it unplugged to.
plug the router in, do a config on it through the ethernet port, not wireless, without it even being plugged into the modem. modem should still be off. and then once thats done, hook up the modem again first to your router and then to power. with the router on and sitting there, let the modem power up.
and then tell the router to get an ip after the modem has been setting there for NO LESS then 60 seconds.

that SHOULD do it. this stuff is picky squirrelly crap, lemme tellyah but thats the most foolproof way...

As much as I'd *love* to say that fixed the problem, it didn't :(. I've tried that as well as updating the firmware. Neither did anything to fix the problem. One thing I've noticed now though is that the lan LED on the dsl modem now lights up as 10mbps rather than the usual 100mbps if the router is connected, and the standard 100mbps LED lights up when the router is not connected. Anyway, I thought I post the logs of the router. Maybe they'll help someone in solving this problem.

Code:
Apr/01/2002 00:06:27  PPPoE try to re-connect automaticly    
Apr/01/2002 00:06:26  PPPoE Retry Fail   Disconnect PPPoE line 
Apr/01/2002 00:06:09  PPPoE try to re-connect automaticly    
Apr/01/2002 00:06:08  PPPoE Retry Fail   Disconnect PPPoE line 
Apr/01/2002 00:05:52  PPPoE try to re-connect automaticly    
Apr/01/2002 00:05:51  PPPoE Retry Fail   Disconnect PPPoE line 
Apr/01/2002 00:05:34  PPPoE try to re-connect automaticly    
Apr/01/2002 00:05:33  PPPoE Retry Fail   Disconnect PPPoE line 
Apr/01/2002 00:05:23  DHCP lease IP 192.168.0.100 to Laptop   00-08-0D-51-8F-CE 
Apr/01/2002 00:05:16  PPPoE try to re-connect automaticly

Finally, it appears someone in Germany is had the same issue, only he's with a different ISP. The problem is that the Google translator isn't doing that great of a job, and I know little German (read: none at all). I've tried pretty much all of what I could understand, but the lack of pictures and whatnot has made it somewhat difficult. Here's the link, in case it's of any use though: Google Tranlated Version

I've got it worked out now. Turns out that the modem itself had to be bridged. I just followed some advice found on the Sprint forums at dslreports.com and it works. Thanks for the help though LadyJaqie.

I'm glad you got it working. *DOH* I had helped a friend of mine in Austrailia with the same problem a bit ago why didn't I think of that :(

Back