Bought 32 GB Ram but different manufacturer

QKSILVR73

Limp Gawd
I bought one set of Aorus 2x8 3733 Ram sticks off Ebay. I tried them to see if they were ok before I bought a second set. The problem is they are the same brand and same looking sticks but the manufacturer of the memory is different. The timings are both the same. Is it going to make a difference?

Attachments

• memory.png
    memory.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
I bought one set of Aorus 2x8 3733 Ram sticks off Ebay. I tried them to see if they were ok before I bought a second set. The problem is they are the same brand and same looking sticks but the manufacturer of the memory is different. The timings are both the same. Is it going to make a difference?
if the settings match they should work fine. i would test them with memtest or something for a little bit, just due to the mismatch.

When you aren't buying two memory kits at the same time, you need to confirm the part numbers are exactly the same. G.Skill for example may have RAM with nearly identical specs, but the part numbers may be different indicating one may use Samsung chips while the other uses Hynix or whatever. The RAM may or may not work well together and will certainly have very different capabilities when its not precisely matched.

When you aren't buying two memory kits at the same time, you need to confirm the part numbers are exactly the same. G.Skill for example may have RAM with nearly identical specs, but the part numbers may be different indicating one may use Samsung chips while the other uses Hynix or whatever. The RAM may or may not work well together and will certainly have very different capabilities when its not precisely matched.
Part numbers are exactly the same. Memory working as it should.

This also shows that part numbers are something between useless and deceptive.

I'm running 2x 16GB SK Hynix dual-rank and 2x 16GB Samsung Single-rank with different timings (64GB total) and it's been perfectly stable for me. I just used the slightly slower of the timings.

Back