Bought 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, received a 250GB 970 EVO. Amazon Samsung Store.

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
What a big letdown this is. Amazing Amazon Prime next day delivery, less than 16 hours, it helps that we have a Amazon warehouse 20 miles away. Anyways opening up the package a Samsung 250gb EVO box appeared. WAT! Then on back there is a label saying it is a Samsung 990 Pro 2TB. Hmmmm maybe they ran out of boxes. I open box and load and behold it is a 250GB EVO.

Started return, no option to return and get the right product, only refund within 30 days, if they approve it. I videoed the opening of the the SSD box showing the misleading label and the not so goody stuff inside. So if anyone else has this sort of problem, as in this is not a one off error, here is some backup.

EVO970receivedvs990Pro.jpg

LabelBoxSSD.jpg

Yea sometimes mix ups happen, likely got mislabeled and placed in wrong bin at amazon.

Yea sometimes mix ups happen, likely got mislabeled and placed in wrong bin at amazon.
Yep, that is what I figured but not going to be too naïve either. The up to 30 days for a Amazon credit is not a good only option. I rather just get the right product sent with this return.

for a product like this, if it was not a special rebate, on amazon the nuance between a refund and a replacement can be quite close to nill as you can simply buy a new one

If it is ship and sold by amazon you probably will be stuck playing the "is this one gonna be right?" game (had a similar thing happen with foam floor tile pieces). Hopefully it is.

Shipped by amazon sold by someone else, you could reach out to the seller directly, sometimes that works better.

What a big letdown this is. Amazing Amazon Prime next day delivery, less than 16 hours, it helps that we have a Amazon warehouse 20 miles away. Anyways opening up the package a Samsung 250gb EVO box appeared. WAT! Then on back there is a label saying it is a Samsung 990 Pro 2TB. Hmmmm maybe they ran out of boxes. I open box and load and behold it is a 250GB EVO.

Started return, no option to return and get the right product, only refund within 30 days, if they approve it. I videoed the opening of the the SSD box showing the misleading label and the not so goody stuff inside. So if anyone else has this sort of problem, as in this is not a one off error, here is some backup.

I had this happen with a phone case.

Though it was ordered directly from the company. I offered to mail it back they told me to keep it though. They said I could donate or throw away.

Right phone case came the next day.

Sent it to random person online who needed a phone case for a new phone.

UPS happily accepted another return through their business, since deliveries from Amazon to customers have been cut down due to Amazon fleet of weird looking trucks. See what happens.

I always take a video of me opening Amazon packages now as this has happened to me way too many times. It's getting ridiculous.

I always take a video of me opening Amazon packages now as this has happened to me way too many times. It's getting ridiculous.
This is the first time this has happened to me or my wife, we buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. Just easier than going to Walmart or other stores and fight the hordes of zombies ;)

This is the first time this has happened to me or my wife, we buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. Just easier than going to Walmart or other stores and fight the hordes of zombies ;)
I've had counterfeit products, products that were literally not what I ordered, and various other fun things. It hasn't happened lately, but now I'm paranoid. Having said that, Amazon customer service has always been amazing and have always given me the benefit of the doubt. One time they sent me the wrong RAM and they let me keep it and sent me the right model. I sold it and ended up not paying for anything with the money I made.

I avoid Amazon because I hate to make one of the richest guys in the world even righer. Did I mention that he is anti-union? And a cheater on his now ex-wife. Helluva guy. :wtf:

I will even buy from Newegg before I buy from Amazon. That said, I will often use Amazon to price-check or to locate products that I buy elsewhere.

Back