Both versions of MGS V coming to Steam.

He put his heart and soul into Metal Gear and they just axe him before release. I wish we knew why, it just seems like such a scumbag move.

He put his heart and soul into Metal Gear and they just axe him before release. I wish we knew why, it just seems like such a scumbag move.

Konami is Konami. If I had to guess I'd say a disagreement between Kojima and the head of Konami on the future direction of the company and his studio. I doubt Kojima is the type to want to back down from his vision or ideals. I wouldn't be surprised if Silent Hills was canceled even before all the stuff went down with Kojima.

Can't wait. I'm going to lose a sinful amount of hours to this.

Yeah, it's looking like an interesting game. Though i'm wondering if the places are going to suffer from magical restocking though. (guards fully repopulated between missions)

The reinforcement system looks really nice. No more magical pop in, it'll take time so you can pull a brave sir robin if you want. You can take out the reinforcements if you want to beforehand.

Yeah, it's looking like an interesting game. Though i'm wondering if the places are going to suffer from magical restocking though. (guards fully repopulated between missions)

I hope not.

The reinforcement system looks really nice. No more magical pop in, it'll take time so you can pull a brave sir robin if you want. You can take out the reinforcements if you want to beforehand.

We get a taste of this in the "demo" even now. It's good.

I'm hearing that the game will have 'optional' microtransactions...the only negative thus far to what looks like an amazing game

I'm hearing that the game will have 'optional' microtransactions...the only negative thus far to what looks like an amazing game

They need to take some education from Ubisoft's recent endeavors in that area and the blowback they took from it.

Man that trailer was sick.
Red Skull and Boss hanging out like buddies lol. Les enfantes terribles at the end there. Cant wait for this one.

Good news as long as they're playable with keyboard and mouse (e.g. don't half ass it like Dark Souls where using keyboard and mouse for your control setup is about as enjoyable as rubbing your nuts on a cheese grater).

Ground Zeroes is 50% off for $10 on steam right now.
You can play that and get an idea how V will play. The mapping is good from what I could tell, but I actually have not tried it myself now that I think about it. If someone else could chime in with their experience... I always played with a controller.

Ground Zeroes is 50% off for $10 on steam right now.
You can play that and get an idea how V will play. The mapping is good from what I could tell, but I actually have not tried it myself now that I think about it. If someone else could chime in with their experience... I always played with a controller.

Seemed pretty good. I didn't play all the way through it since I'd already beat it on the XB1, but it seemed to work. I spent more time messing around with mods for it than anything.

What the hell is that piece of metal sticking out of boss's head?

*edit* Also see they brought back the THE BOSS AI into the game.

I'm waiting for it to go up as a Flash or Daily Deal...if not I'll buy it for $10 on the last day of the Steam sale

OH its a Steam sale thing... man I've been studying so much the last week, I had no idea a steam sale was going on right now. This for 7.99 or so would be a steal. It looks ridiculous good in 4K

Big Boss is watching YOU!
Eu6Obid.jpg

Will have an XB360 wired gamepad and $60 ready for this one. 8 way digital movement seems a disservice to the sneaking mechanics, and didn't play nice with GZ.

Such a travesty that Konami is doing Hideo Kojima and staff so wrong, though.

Man that trailer was sick.
Red Skull and Boss hanging out like buddies lol. Les enfantes terribles at the end there. Cant wait for this one.

never having played any of the previous MGS games I guess I didn't understand all the little hints and winks at previous games in the series from that trailer...I think that trailer was meant for hard core fans of the series

never having played any of the previous MGS games I guess I didn't understand all the little hints and winks at previous games in the series from that trailer...I think that trailer was meant for hard core fans of the series

I've played 1-4 and Peace Walker and that trailer made almost no sense.

......Excellent. I think my favorite game out of the series was MGS3, it'll be fun to play Da Boss again.

I hope its better than Ground Zeroes. Enemies spawning in your line out sight is atrocious game design. Crap 3D models, not so good sound effects, and some other odd stuff made the game average at best.

It's just Ground Zeroes stuff. Spoilers, in fact.
Especially Red Skull hanging out with Boss. He is clearly the enemy in GZ, but that revelation was just, "WHAT!?" I mean, GZ pretty much makes it look like RS is responsible for everything, including the destruction of mother base at the end(but one of the tapes or summary pages reveal that it could have been a government.)

But.... you dont know what I'm talking about with "Les efantes terrible"? Come on man, that goes back to the first game and it is a big part of the story in the entire series... The project that made/cloned Liquid and Solid? You see them as children at the end of the trailer.

Ahem..

"Since ancient times, every civilization's ruler has had the same idea. When people unite under one will they become stronger than the sum of their parts. And what do rulers use to bring people together? LANGUAGE."

The trailer underscores a theme present in the story throughout the series (if you have played 1 through 4 and PW then you should remember.), regarding information manipulation,

how data (however corrupted) is passed down from generation to generation through vehicles of culture or memes (MGS2), culture itself is a meme, so are symbols and art, our very DNA are memes (MGS1) and so is our LANGUAGE.

"...So the Major sought a system that used information; WORDS to control the subconscious."

Remember in Sons of Liberty, people who were affected by the then widespread use of nanomachines couldn't call them "The Patriots" by name but instead could only say: La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?

The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo plan to rule the world not through peace but through war (MGS4). They seek absolute POWER to carry out their paradoxical plans of world peace through carefully managed conflicts.

In our world, peace is governed through the rule of law in order to maintain it. Something that more often than not, interferes with our more base instincts, our more restless impulses,

Man's natural state, that of conflict and ultimately warfare in all it's sophistication.

The rule of law are WORDS. It's POWER resides in the KNOWLEDGE of what is good and what is evil, what is right and just and what is amoral and corrupt. KNOWLEDGE is POWER.

How do you pass that knowledge from one people another; from one generation to the next? through LANGUAGE.

How do you quell the empowerment of other people and subsequent generations? By impairing their LANGUAGE.

"Words are what keeps civilization; our world alive. Free the world, not by taking men's lives but by taking their tongues."

Who decides who is unworthy of that power, the Patriots do, oh excuse me, I meant the "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo".

Who's the "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo"?

I don't know, that information has been censored from my language.

Last edited:
Thanks for that long explanation. I should have mentioned that the audio was very low and I basically couldn't understand any narration.

:D

It's just Ground Zeroes stuff. Spoilers, in fact.
But.... you dont know what I'm talking about with "Les efantes terrible"? Come on man, that goes back to the first game and it is a big part of the story in the entire series... The project that made/cloned Liquid and Solid? You see them as children at the end of the trailer.
Oh I did? I couldn't tell it was supposed to be Solid and Liquid.

Last edited:
Thanks for that long explanation. I should have mentioned that the audio was very low and I basically couldn't understand any narration.

:D

Cheers mate, no problem.

One can write entire libraries about the ideas in Kojima's games.

I'm waiting for it to go up as a Flash or Daily Deal...if not I'll buy it for $10 on the last day of the Steam sale

bought Ground Zeroes today...it went up as a Daily Deal for $4.99

Last edited:
For someone who has never played a MGS game, would this one be decent to try for $4.99?

Its pretty short if you are only interested in the story mission. But if you play the other missions and shoot for better rankings it will give you a good experience.

Its worth it @ $5 if you ask me. Steam says I only have 7 hrs logged, but I play it a ton on the PS4 at launch.

Wish Konami would just port MGS3 and Peacewalker to PC so I didn't have to source and play a crappy PS3 copy. :(

Back