Bose Around Ear Triport Headphone $80 shipped

My brother has these, very impressive bass but muddy overall sound. I was not impressed for the original $100 price tag and nor am I at 80. These would be a better buy at sub-50. Near 100 they get dominated by many models.

i bit and got the extended warranty since i know i'll end up breaking these like my poor Sennhessier 280 pros that the headband are all cracked up (superglue FTW).

Last edited:
My wife has used these for a couple of years and absolutely loves it. Great sound as always from a Bose product. And an even better price..:)

Hmmm. The problem with Bose products is that their cheap stuff is fairly rubbish and overpriced. I wouldn't choose Bose's cheap stuff. But each to their own.

Hmmm. The problem with Bose products is that their cheap stuff is fairly rubbish and overpriced. I wouldn't choose Bose's cheap stuff. But each to their own.

It's true. Compared next to quality their sound falls flat. They're comfortable though, and have great bass.

I have the on ear triport model. They don't even try for accuracy. It's like having two subs strapped to your head. Great for hip hop or techno stuff. Not so much for anything that needs crunchy or accurate basslines or solid midrange.

agreeing with above statements.
Bose != good.
spend your money somewhere else.

I bought these when they first came out, returned them a day later.

I am looking for a new pair of headphones for mp3/gaming/desktop use/travel.

But my problem is I like the AROUND EAR headphones but where they don't make noise if I turn them up loud (really loud). I took my old cans on a plane trip recently and they were too loud even over the engines people could hear them :D

Do these do that noise cancel stuff? I want to jack it up loud so nobody can hear me, and so I cannot hear anyone else as well on the outside. Basically I want to be in my own little audio world without bother anyone :D HELP!

As stated by Xero404 above - For over-the-ear headphones, the Sennhessier 280 pros are really good.

The HD280 pro set is spectacular for overall sound, it needs an extremely HQ source and proper mixing to be tops. Too bulky to wear on the go, and the cord can be annoying (it's spiral coil), but they have incredible noise cancellation, accurate sound reproduction, very good response at all frequencies, and have huge cups that fit even large ears (like mine). They are heavy, however, and are uncomfortable to wear for more than 60 minutes (for me, my wife doesn't mind them for long periods but her head is small).

Hmmm, I actually think the 280's are fairly light. Head size will make a difference though. For me they're just right - Not so loose they constantly slip around and not so tight they cause pressure. I can wear them for several hours straight (great for listening to music late at night and not waking the family) and not have any discomfort. I can see how having a large head could change that though. I will agree that they aren't the smallest headphones around, so wearing them on the go isn't the best way to enjoy them. Totally agree with the above poster that a straight cord would have been better, but it's not a deal-breaker either.

I really enjoy my HD280 Pros. They are a bit bulky but I have never experienced discomfort, even after intense 6-hour music, movie, or gaming sessions! :p

As stated by Xero404 above - For over-the-ear headphones, the Sennhessier 280 pros are really good.

Yeah this Bose units are primarily going to be used on the subway commute, the HD 280s are too bulky/heavy to travel with but they will be my main cans for the desktop. Now Back when i got the HD280 in 2004 for 60 bucks that was a [H]ot Deal.

Back