"borrowing" a WiFi connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavierq

Gawd
At this point there are WiFi connections in almost every neighborhood by me, but everyone's got them all passworded up so you can't get on. I understand the need for network security and all, but is there a way to use that WiFi signal to get a net connection?

If it were reasonable to go door to door to every WiFi user in the area and ask, I would. But that's kinda ridiculous. i'm not looking to hack people's computers or anything, I just want a way to send a quick email or something without having to go home or pay T-Mobile a subscription fee.

xavierq said:
If it were reasonable to go door to door to every WiFi user in the area and ask, I would. But that's kinda ridiculous. i'm not looking to hack people's computers or anything, I just want a way to send a quick email or something without having to go home or pay T-Mobile a subscription fee.

What your asking for would be hacking or breaking into people's wifi connection. It's something you gonna have to live with.

If the user has security in place, then any attempt to circumvent that security without their knowledge is not what needs to be discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back