Boredom + Opterown = ?

demografik

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I didn't go to work today and had some free time. I decided to push my opty a bit and this is what I got. I'm sure I can get 3.0 on a better board that can give more than 1.45v :rolleyes:

29ghz.jpg

Isn't there a voltmod you can do to that board? I've been hearing stuff about it...

CompGeek said:
Show us some prime stability and load temps there.

ditto...but im sure we can trust him :)

nice oc you should be able to hit 3ghz with 1.5-1.55

I didn't Prime it, maybe later. It's handling everything I throw at it but I'm sure it won't survive for 500 passes or whatever you guys call stable :p

There is a volt mod actually, I'm going to do it when I get around to it but I've been busy with my car lately.

demografik said:
I didn't Prime it, maybe later. It's handling everything I throw at it but I'm sure it won't survive for 500 passes or whatever you guys call stable :p

There is a volt mod actually, I'm going to do it when I get around to it but I've been busy with my car lately.

For me, stable is at least 6 hours. Since my computer will NEVER be at 100% usage for over an hour, 6 hours is a good measure. Some people are freaks about stability and won't call it stable unless it does 24-48 hours. My stabillity "suite" usually consists of 3dMark05, Prime95, and a few rounds of UT2004. All at the same time, of course :)

As far as the voltmod, I believe it allows you a maximum of 1.55V. Hopefully you should be able to break 3GHz with 1.50V.

hmm error...try and play fear/cs:source for a few hours that should put it in line..stable or unstable...

CompGeek said:
Time to back down to 2875 :)

he said its stable so far...i heard someone saying that prime stability is not the determing factor of stability...unfortunately it has been for me so far :(

Mayhs said:
he said its stable so far...i heard someone saying that prime stability is not the determing factor of stability...unfortunately it has been for me so far :(

You need to be stable for at least 1 hour.

CompGeek said:
You need to be stable for at least 1 hour.

yeh true...my old 3500 was stable at 2.75ghz and only did like 2 mins of prime but after keeping it on for 3-4 days it restarted...then did it once more in fear but that was out of 5 weeks....but i put it back to 2.7 i dnt want it happening when doing important work...temps were always under 45

That error was probably caused by the ram anyway, it's not great ram and I kept it at 1:1. I don't have time to do too much playing with it anymore unfortunately. 2.75 is enough for me for daily use, I just wanted to see how far it would go :)

6 passes of prime is by no means stable, even in my opinion. Although I do think 48 hours is a bit overkill :p

demografik said:
That error was probably caused by the ram anyway, it's not great ram and I kept it at 1:1. I don't have time to do too much playing with it anymore unfortunately. 2.75 is enough for me for daily use, I just wanted to see how far it would go :)

6 passes of prime is by no means stable, even in my opinion. Although I do think 48 hours is a bit overkill :p
not really, that test was all cpu. B/C the chip has 1meg L2 cache it fit all on die, very little memory is tested in large FT's. Try with small FTs first and work your way up.

Mayhs said:
yeh true...my old 3500 was stable at 2.75ghz and only did like 2 mins of prime but after keeping it on for 3-4 days it restarted...then did it once more in fear but that was out of 5 weeks....but i put it back to 2.7 i dnt want it happening when doing important work...temps were always under 45

A CPU that errors is not stable, and ignoring Prime doesn't make the problem go away ;)

Dillusion said:
Just poking fun at a dumb word...
take it up with robberbaron if you don't like it.. ;)

and yes, if ANYTHING gets errors, you got a problem.. unless you're doing something stupid, like running two instances of superPI from one folder :p

I've had my 146 (cabye 0540) running at 2.0ghz since I got it in December. I was planning on getting a 3200+ Venice at the time but I think I was one of the first to jump on the dave_graham cheap Opteron bandwagon since it was cheaper through him. I dont game much so its sitting cool with a XP-90 on it. Someday I will see if it can break 2.7ghz

(cf)Eclipse said:
take it up with robberbaron if you don't like it.. ;)

and yes, if ANYTHING gets errors, you got a problem.. unless you're doing something stupid, like running two instances of superPI from one folder :p

LOL, always wondered why 2 instances of superpi would never work for me...

Back