Bored with WoW, and tried WAR still buggy what about EQII ?

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I am bored to tears with WoW, been there done that, grind fest. WAR looks to be a great game in the future, I like it, but still buggy and has many issues to be ironed out. I think with WAR 1.1 patch in Dec the game should finally start rocking.

I play RPG's with my two Brothers we really don't care for PvP stuff, well Open RvR in WAR seems cool, but those areas are always empty anyways.

I was thinking of us to try out EverQuest 2 ? I never played any EQ game before, but would like some fresh and new game to play for us, we really love PvE questing, and I would think EQ2 should be very polished at this stage not buggy like WAR, and screenshots make it still look good, sure we can crank it up highest settings.

Opinions

EQ2 is fantasic actually for PVE.......if i'd subscribe to any of the big mmos out there for PVE only, it'd be EQ2. Some of the quests there are just entirely great and suck you in.

It's also very solo friendly up until at least the upper 20 levels, if that's what you're after. In the 30ies it becomes harder to solo but it's still possible.

If I opt to try EQII, should I first just try the free 14day trial, or actually go out and buy full retail game ? And is the free trial up to date, not something from release back in 2005 ?

I would rather just stick with WAR but it still needs some major work.

The Open RvR are ghost town areas, no one is ever on them on my two servers = Monolith and Tower of Doom.

The PvE quests in WAR seem so amateur and poorly designed, I mean you can tap the boss in the middle of a crowd and only he comes out, but rest of enemy npc's just stand there no going after me, way too easy and lame.

Poeple say this is a PvP game mainly ok, but then why is there no PvPing going on in Open RvR, the scenarios seem just like Counterstrike deathmatch maps that get old, I think the idea of Open RvR is awesome, but for some reason not sure why no one plays there >?

So PvE is lame, don't even make it then if your going to do it half assed, where are the Instances or dungeons ? I am only Level 19, but have not been in one instance or dungeon crawl yet.

PQ's are cool, but again never enough players around to fight the Hero at the end, you need 5+ players, I am lucky to see 2-3 doing PQ's on my two servers.

Fix these problems, and graphics hitching and WAR will be epic, until then I need something else to play.

I tried EQII when it was first released. I got talked into it by some friends that were big EQ players. It was awesome at first. Takes 5 minutes to go across town (at least) and tons of quest and stuff. Great graphics and spells/skills were very good.

Hated the night time which was 3 times longer than daytime in the game...at least it seemed that way.

Then came the nerfs, class changes and I had 2 chrs that became unplayable because of the crap they were doing to them.

That was a long time ago any maybe they have done better now don't know. I do know I won't be back because of their F up the classes I had...nerf that sony....ps I hate sony for soooo many reasons its not even funny.

EQ2 is probably the most complete PvE MMO out there right now. There is more content in the game than one could possibly see even with several alts. You could easily play four alts and level up without actually hitting the same area's or quests if you wanted. I just left a high end raiding guild, and I had 5 decked maxed out toons. You can level really fast and they made the game completely solo friendly. I am playing War now though, just so you know...

You can solo up to 80 if you want but some classes do it alot easier than others though. (Done it with assassin to 80 and about to 75 with minimal grouping with my illusionist)
EQ2 of today is NOTHING like it started out as. A lot easier to solo if you want and like was mentioned, a ton of quests. I'd try the 14 day trial, and if you don't like it no harm done.

You can solo up to 80 if you want but some classes do it alot easier than others though. (Done it with assassin to 80 and about to 75 with minimal grouping with my illusionist)
EQ2 of today is NOTHING like it started out as. A lot easier to solo if you want and like was mentioned, a ton of quests. I'd try the 14 day trial, and if you don't like it no harm done.

Yeah EQ2 started how EQ1 started: grindfest + grouping after level 20. Now however, it is nothing like that at all. It seems to take about 10 to 14 days played to hit cap.

SO far i love EQ2 the most for PVE, Dark Age of Camelot for PVP with Warhammer right on its heals, I think i might go back to EQ2 this winter i have 2 level 70s sitting over there to play.

If you're in it for the PvE then I would also recommend Lord of the Rings Online.There is a 14 day free trial on the lotro homepage. There is also an expansion coming out in November, Mines of Moria.

I am bored to tears with WoW, been there done that, grind fest. WAR looks to be a great game in the future, I like it, but still buggy and has many issues to be ironed out. I think with WAR 1.1 patch in Dec the game should finally start rocking.

I play RPG's with my two Brothers we really don't care for PvP stuff, well Open RvR in WAR seems cool, but those areas are always empty anyways.

I was thinking of us to try out EverQuest 2 ? I never played any EQ game before, but would like some fresh and new game to play for us, we really love PvE questing, and I would think EQ2 should be very polished at this stage not buggy like WAR, and screenshots make it still look good, sure we can crank it up highest settings.

Opinions

Personally I really like EQ2. I can only play one MMO at a time so I go with WoW, but if I played something else it would very likely be EQ2. It has some a LONG way since it originally came out.

However, you said "been there done that, grind fest" and honestly if you think WoW in its current form is a grindfest, you should really really stay away from EQ2, doesn't sound like it is for you at all.

Might want to try LOTR as someone else suggested.

If by expansions, you mean EQ2, you can go to direct to drive and get it for 30-40 bucks with the free month if your new. Think the new expansion coming out next month will have all of the expansions also.
As for LoTRO, i did the lifetime thing at the start so im set except for expansions. Still very fun and some nice content plus more on the way.

Just for reference, WAR just instituted MAJOR PVP incentives - XP/Renown in Open RVR is now double that of scenarios. People should go RVR in the real world now, instead of just grinding scenarios to RR40/80. They're not done with their XP optimizations either. I have to applaud them - in their first month, they've made some great changes already.

If by expansions, you mean EQ2, you can go to direct to drive and get it for 30-40 bucks with the free month if your new. Think the new expansion coming out next month will have all of the expansions also.
As for LoTRO, i did the lifetime thing at the start so im set except for expansions. Still very fun and some nice content plus more on the way.

Lifetime thing?

Not sure if its still available, but when LoTRO first came out, you could pay about 200 dollars and never have to pay monthly again. All you'd have to pay for were the expansions. The only risk was if LOTRO bombed and didn't last the 1.5 years or so it would take to recoup the money spent, but it's still going fairly strong so worth it to me. :)

Not sure if its still available, but when LoTRO first came out, you could pay about 200 dollars and never have to pay monthly again. All you'd have to pay for were the expansions. The only risk was if LOTRO bombed and didn't last the 1.5 years or so it would take to recoup the money spent, but it's still going fairly strong so worth it to me. :)

Wish WoW or City of Heroes did this kind of thing.

Back