borders -- black or white?

mdude85

Limp Gawd
I'm compiling some photos on a website and want to put borders on them. I've seen some pics w/ white borders and some w/ black borders. which would you suggest? different for different types of pics? thanks.

Sometimes black looks better. Sometimes white. It depends on the picture. (Very helpful huh?) :p

Originally posted by defcom_1
Sometimes black looks better. Sometimes white. It depends on the picture. (Very helpful huh?) :p

what should I look out for in my pics that tip off to me that I should use a certain color border?

It's all personal preference. I don't really know any specific 'rules', though somebody else might have better suggestions.

If I shoot a darker picture I tend to use a white border, if the picture is bright and has light colors I tend to use black. But really it's a personal preference thing.

Why not gray in a medium tone. That is a truly neutral color. If not then I always have used black for dark photos as, it doesnt distract from the photos. White is ok on bright photos but it is still bright on monitors.

Back