Borderlands: The Handsome Collection 94% OFF on Steam

tenor.gif

$15.51CAN
not bad...

As an added bonus, The Handsome Collection Ultra HD Texture Pack will be released on April 3rd. It will be a free download for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel owners.

I'm currently playing through Borderlands 2 with my wife. If, like me, you're late to the party all I can say is don't wait any longer. The Borderlands series is right up there with the best co-op experiences in gaming. $15 is going to get you hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertaining gaming. These games are set up so you can play through multiple times with the same character, too. What a blast.

As an added bonus, The Handsome Collection Ultra HD Texture Pack will be released on April 3rd. It will be a free download for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel owners.

I'm currently playing through Borderlands 2 with my wife. If, like me, you're late to the party all I can say is don't wait any longer. The Borderlands series is right up there with the best co-op experiences in gaming. $15 is going to get you hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertaining gaming. These games are set up so you can play through multiple times with the same character, too. What a blast.

What is this magic you speak of? A wife that plays video games with you?! Foul Sorcery!

I didn't realize how much micro-DLC there was for BL2...wow...

Looks like I can get all the stuff I don't have for about 7 bucks. Seems worth it with the remasters coming...

If you really play it all - my lord is that a lot of playtime for 15 bucks.
I really liked the tapes from the increasingly-insane lady in BL1 - name escapes me. That alone was worth the price of admission.

Will be curious if BL3 seems like BL 1.3, or an actual progression. I liked BL2, but it really just seemed like an expansion pack. That's not bad - but it really didn't change any formulas or add anything significant. For that reason, I never picked up the pre-sequel. I watched the trailers, and they looked great - but I felt as though I already played it twice.

If you really play it all - my lord is that a lot of playtime for 15 bucks.
I really liked the tapes from the increasingly-insane lady in BL1 - name escapes me. That alone was worth the price of admission.

Will be curious if BL3 seems like BL 1.3, or an actual progression. I liked BL2, but it really just seemed like an expansion pack. That's not bad - but it really didn't change any formulas or add anything significant. For that reason, I never picked up the pre-sequel. I watched the trailers, and they looked great - but I felt as though I already played it twice.

Her name is Tannis, she's in Borderlands 2 and equally ridiculous. I'm looking forward to getting the remaster of BL1 (from what I hear its free for people who already own the steam version), this way I can grind all the achievements again :p

Her name is Tannis, she's in Borderlands 2 and equally ridiculous. I'm looking forward to getting the remaster of BL1 (from what I hear its free for people who already own the steam version), this way I can grind all the achievements again :p

I am going to sell some teenagers - thru - toddlers so I can play more borderlands. While this may technically make me a horrible mom/person, I feel it could be a good choice.

(It's what Tannis would do).

I am going to sell some teenagers - thru - toddlers so I can play more borderlands. While this may technically make me a horrible mom/person, I feel it could be a good choice.

(It's what Tannis would do).

Maybe you can recruit them to play it with you instead. My nephew used to play "bordeewands" with me.. lol.

If that doesn't work, sell 'em

I ended up spending $9-something to get the Prequel and the b.s. DLC I was missing..

Maybe you can recruit them to play it with you instead. My nephew used to play "bordeewands" with me.. lol.
If that doesn't work, sell 'em

Is there an ebay for surly/entitled teens?
I asked him if he wanted to play together the other day and he said he didn't want to have to carry me. I told him he was lucky I didn't have that attitude when he was spawn camping my tummy for damn near 10 months.

I feel I am correct on this.

Considering that all the DLC skins/heads are already in the game and unlockable by using Gibbed and the Profile Editor...I guess I can spring a couple bucks to get the added classes I haven't played and be a slightly more honest person. Was really hoping BL1 was a part of this, never played it (and $30 for a 10 year old game? Not even Mr. Torgue would explode into that!).

As a side note, when did Steam start doing the discount for what you already have in a bundle?

Couple years ago I think. As far as I know it is (or at least was) optional so not every bundle works that way.

Ah, cool, thanks. I know there have been bundles I've avoided in the past because it only gave me the option of rebuying what I already had just to get the little bits. This was the first time I saw stuff crossed out and a lower price.

Oops quoted wrong post, i'm half asleep

Considering that all the DLC skins/heads are already in the game and unlockable by using Gibbed and the Profile Editor...I guess I can spring a couple bucks to get the added classes I haven't played and be a slightly more honest person. Was really hoping BL1 was a part of this, never played it (and $30 for a 10 year old game? Not even Mr. Torgue would explode into that!).

As a side note, when did Steam start doing the discount for what you already have in a bundle?
You can just buy a hard copy of borderlands and on steam download the "Borderlands Granting Tool" (library --> Tools), it will check that you have the borderlands DVD inserted and boom... it's in your account. I don't know about expansions though.

Honestly though the game goes on sale all the time, or you probably just check out one of those key resellers...

Oops quoted wrong post, i'm half asleep

You can just buy a hard copy of borderlands and on steam download the "Borderlands Granting Tool" (library --> Tools), it will check that you have the borderlands DVD inserted and boom... it's in your account. I don't know about expansions though.

Honestly though the game goes on sale all the time, or you probably just check out one of those key resellers...

Nope. The day before the remaster was announced 2K stopped that service.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...efore_game_of_the_year_upgrade_announcement/1

Never played any of the borderlands stuff, but my & my girlfriend both just purchased this. I play pretty much exclusively FPS & she plays RPG's.. Maybe this will be the first game we can play together in a long time.

Is there an ebay for surly/entitled teens?
I asked him if he wanted to play together the other day and he said he didn't want to have to carry me. I told him he was lucky I didn't have that attitude when he was spawn camping my tummy for damn near 10 months.

I feel I am correct on this.

tell them they either have to play borderlands with you or they can go mow the lawn with a pair of scissors.. and if you don't have a lawn, tell them they can do the dishes with a tooth brush for a week. or both lol. ;)

Even at fifteen bucks this is overpriced.

I already bought BL2: GOTY Edition with all the fucking unlocks and all the fucking DLC, and I already bough the pre-sequel.

I'm not being roped into buying useless DLC for the pre-sequel (already own, but never finished) because they decided to lock this shit down to a particular "latest expansion pack" bullshit.

FUCK OFF GEARBOX, YOUR PRE-SEQUEL SHOULD HAVE SHIPPED WITH 4k TEXTURES, or had them released shortly after the game shipped for free (looking at both Fallout 4 and Skyrim here), not five damn years later locked to a pointless package (for all the real fans who already own everything else).

I've already paid twice for Borderlands 1 (disc, then Steam GOTY), and Borderlands 2 (normal, then GOTY). I can't bring myself to pay twice for the shitty pre-sequel (and a third time for BL2) just to unlock the texture pack I should have gotten already.

Looks like the only remaster I will get to play is the original Borderlands. I think I'm fine with that, because it's the game that really needs it.

Last edited:
Even at fifteen bucks this is overpriced.

I already bought BL2: GOTY Edition with all the fucking unlocks and all the fucking DLC, and I already bough the pre-sequel.

I'm not being roped into buying useless DLC for the pre-sequel (already own, but never finished) because they decided to lock this shit down to a particular "latest expansion pack" bullshit.

FUCK OFF GEARBOX, YOUR PRE-SEQUEL SHOULD HAVE SHIPPED WITH 4k TEXTURES, or had them released shortly after the game shipped for free (looking at both Fallout 4 and Skyrim here), not five damn years later locked to a pointless package (for all the real fans who already pwn everything else).

I've already paid twice for Borderlands 1 (disc, then Steam GOTY), and Borderlands 2 (normal, then GOTY). I can't bring myself to pay twice for the shitty pre-sequel (and a third time for BL2) just to unlock the texture pack I should have gotten already.

Looks like the only remaster I will get to play is the original Borderlands. I think I'm fine with that, because it's the game that really needs it.

God damn, that is a lot of anger to throw around when you are incredibly misinformed.

A. If you own the base games on Steam the package will be cheaper for you because you are ONLY paying for the content you don't have.

B. This collection is not required for the updates.

C. Owning all the DLC is not required for the updates.

D. In 2014, 4K was little more than future hopes and dreams for PC gamers.

B. This collection is not required for the updates.

Prove it. Every site I've read on it say you need Handsome Jack for BL2 and the pre-sequel updates, and that the only free-for-all current owners is going to be BL1.

But you are right that it's only 7 bucks or me, because I already own half of it. I have some thinking to do about whether that's worth it.

Prove it. Every site I've read on it say you need Handsome Jack for BL2 and the pre-sequel, and that the only free-for-all current owners is going to be BL1

No, the sites mention the Handsome Collection because these updates are also coming to consoles. The PS4 and XB1 only have the Handsome Collection when it comes to these games. The PCGamer article, for example, makes no mention of the Handsome Collection since that site is, mostly, focused on PC gaming.

Edit: And as pendragon1 said, look at the RPS article they posted. "The good news for us PC folks is that if you already own the original Borderlands or either of the sequels, these upgrades will be entirely free."

Agreed. did it co-op with my wife and it was great.

Wish there were more co-op experiences like that...then maybe she wouldn't be my Ex-Wife

BL2 was amazing. Is the Prequel any good?
I bought BL stories or whatever a few years ago thinking it was another BL games but I was wrong.

I just saw that BL3 is coming out later this year. I am really excited.

BL2 was amazing. Is the Prequel any good?
I bought BL stories or whatever a few years ago thinking it was another BL games but I was wrong.

I just saw that BL3 is coming out later this year. I am really excited.

The Pre-sequel isn't horrible but it is a downgrade from BL2. It's on Pandora's Moon so you have to watch your oxygen supply when in the open. It's not terrible to manage but it was a poor choice to add this. Gravity is lower so you can jump really high which is cool.

Tales from the Borderlands is canon to the story. Some of the characters are even in BL3 trailer. I know not everyone loves those Telltale games but I loved this one. Haven't had a game make me smile so much since Portal 2.

I'm better enjoying my replay through the presequel, now that it has a level of detail it really needed on day one.

Now I can more easily spot all the roadside treasure boxes, so it's a lot easier this time through. Also, the improved textures on vehicles an d inside Concordia really improve your experience.

I havn't yet loaded Borderlands 1, but I expect that to see a huge improvement.

Back