Borderlands or Dragon Age

• Borderlands

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Dragon Age

Votes: 61 63.5%

• Total voters

Chombo

2[H]4U
I was planning on purchasing both. However, it has been "suggested" by the wife that I wait until Christmas so that she has something to buy for me. As a result I can really only buy one soon. I think Dragon Age comes out next week and Borderlands drops today. The question is, which one should I get?

I voted borderlands simply because I think most of us prefer instant gratification (and borderlands is out today). Given that, I would say that you should wait until more reviews are available for Dragon Age so you can make your decision with some idea of how they both are.

I sucked it up and bought both. Borderlands for something to play with friends and Dragon Age because I have been waiting for BG2s successor for too many years to count.

I sucked it up and bought both. Borderlands for something to play with friends and Dragon Age because I have been waiting for BG2s successor for too many years to count.

Me too, who can pass up a Bioware RPG?

Until I get a demo for Borderlands, I won't touch it. BioWare gets my money automatically by default.

Dragon Age next week, Borderlands when it's cheap.

I'm liking Borderlands but I honestly can't wait until Dragon Age is out.

Dragon Age will be a far deeper experience. Borderlands is going to be fun but re playability? Limited. There is no armor in borderlands, just weapons.

Wait on Borderlands, maybe a mod? Or certainly a sale. Just b/c it is a briefer experience. I would rather buy Risen rather than Borderlands right now.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd get Dragon Age without a doubt. But I'm getting both because they both look like the shit

Borderlands = Multiplayer fun with friends (that's why I bought it anyway...)

Dragon Age = Single Player Immersion

Try to find 3 other people to do a 4 pack for borderlands. If you don't know 3 other people, I'm not sure you'd find Borderlands all that enjoyable anyway. I got the 4 pack with 3 RL friends since we're going to play together.

Dragon Age because it's Bioware. Period.

But given your situation DA is mostly offline and if you joined the Borderlands community a few months later than most people you may find yourself behind. Just a thought.

God that's a rough choice. At least you're getting both eventually.

I'd go with Borderlands so you can go online while the game is still new and fresh to a lot of people online. Dragon Age is single player and you can enjoy that at your leisure.

I would be gladly get Dragon Age if they fix that stupid sword chopping effect.
It doesn't even slash a thing or when it hits, and overall it just too awkward to watch that going...

therefore, my votes goes to borderland..

Why not get both and ask the wife to get you something totally different for Christmas? :D

It doesn't even slash a thing or when it hits, and overall it just too awkward to watch that going...

What? :confused:

Uhh, thats not going to be fixed, thats just the way the gameplay is.

Eh?

get both and suggest to your wife that she gets you MW2, L4D2, or a PS3 with Demon's Souls for Christmas.

Seriously though, ask yourself this. Do you have friends or family to play with and do they like FPS or RPG's? If yes get Borderlands. If no, get Dragon's Age. Or do you prefer online MP to an indepth 80 hour+ SP game?

Borderlands has co-op.

if Dragon Age had co-op like the old Bioware games, that would instantly be the top choice.

It'd be hard to implement co-op unless you got rid of a key component of the battle system, pausing for tactics.

I guess you've never played an old bioware RPG like BG/NWN? All players can pause during battle and do tactics and everything that is within reach of your character.

Borderlands. Get it now for MP play.

DA:O won't suffer if you pick it up in a few weeks.

I guess you've never played an old bioware RPG like BG/NWN? All players can pause during battle and do tactics and everything that is within reach of your character.

I played them, but never played co-op. Didn't even know that was an option haha. :eek:

Bought both, if i had to get one it would be dragon age.

Borderlands is a silly game to fuck around with for 30 minutes with some friends.

Overall dragon age will be the better game unless you need to play something new online with your friends NOW.

friends of mine who have it on console right now consider it to be like Left 4 Dead except with a longer campaign.

Borderlands has co-op.

if Dragon Age had co-op like the old Bioware games, that would instantly be the top choice.

Exactly, no multiplayer for Dragon Age is a no buy, or bargain bin only. My Brothers and I were huge multiplayer fans of the early Bioware stuff like Badlurs Gate 2, Ice Wind Dale, and of course Never Winter Nights series. Was totally shocked they were making DA a single player only, they made the best CoOp RPG's

Exactly, no multiplayer for Dragon Age is a no buy, or bargain bin only. My Brothers and I were huge multiplayer fans of the early Bioware stuff like Badlurs Gate 2, Ice Wind Dale, and of course Never Winter Nights series. Was totally shocked they were making DA a single player only, they made the best CoOp RPG's

me too. The best lan parties in highschool 10 years ago were playing Baldur's Gate together with a couple friends in a basement. I still long to dungeon crawl with some friends to this day...and in a meaningful story as meaningful characters and not some MMO "party" crap through stupid grinding generic garbage were you are peon #192876262

Looks like you might get more out of Dragon Age. If you like a game with some good story behide it, the go with Dragon Age. Looks better too, graphics-wise.

But, ether one you go with should be fine. Have fun!

me too. The best lan parties in highschool 10 years ago were playing Baldur's Gate together with a couple friends in a basement. I still long to dungeon crawl with some friends to this day...and in a meaningful story as meaningful characters and not some MMO "party" crap through stupid grinding generic garbage were you are peon #192876262

Yep me too :) My Brothers and I had the best of all times with Never Winter Nights 1 and the expansion packs. It was addicting like Diablo2 was, but actually had a story.

I remember one of the stories was set in some forest with Elf rangers and stuff, and you had to make the choice and what to do, or you all died, and the whole thing was a trip, with lots of decisions to make, and talking to NPC's. And my Brothers and I were on headsets over the telephone talking to each other, it really brought the group party to life.

To me games like WoW and WarHammer Online never got that involved, they are much more hack and slash, which is cool, but no storyline in them, or no real decision making in them that will either kill you or reward you. That's why I was hoping Bioware would make Dragon Age at least with CoOp for small party groups, so it would be like NWN1 or BG2

Back