Borderlands Crashing?

piratepress

[H]ard|Gawd
I played this game for about two hours last night starting at the beginning and I'd really love it if borderlands.exe didn't crash with a General Protection Fault every 10-15 mins. Fortunately, the auto-save is pretty frequent so I didn't have to kill Nine-Toes again (it crashed to desktop a couple minutes after killing him and looting his cave). However, I've checked and a lot of others are having the exact same issue. One suggestion is to set multi-core processor affinity to single core but I haven't tried that. I sure hope Gearbox pushes out a fix quickly. I really love this game and it's so aggravating!

Tried different drivers?
Fully patched OS?
A lot of people are playing the game without issue... sooo I'd have to say there's some rogue problem with your installation/setup somehow.

I know there are some problem I had no problems with win 7, but my brother couldnt play it on his win xp install. After doing some reasearch on his error it turns out he needed to install the AMD dual core fix and that solved all his crashes with the game.

This was happening to me last night for the first time. I've been playing since Monday and it's never crashed until now. Crashed twice before I gave up and went to bed within 20 minutes of restarting the game.

Don't think it's my PC....I've got all the latest drivers and never had problems with games. I've poured hours into Wolfenstein, Batman: AA, and Need For Speed: Shift with not so much as a hiccup on any of them. That's what leads me to believe it's Borderlands.

I was bluescreening intermittently with Borderlands (the first one wiped out my Level 12 Siren savefile). The problem was my CPU overclock (E8500 @ 4.0)... the thing had been rock solid for well over a year until this. OP, I see you're overclocked as well. You might try backing off and seeing if that fixes...

RubbingAlcoholic, thanks for the suggestion. At this point, I'm willing to try most anything.

Well, running a single core prompted a crash almost immediately so I went back to both cores and was able to play for about 30 minutes with no issues until I had to turn my PC off. I'm looking forward to trying it again this weekend with hopefully no problems.

Back