Borderlands 3 Could be Revealed at PAX East 2019

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Gearbox could reveal the next entry in the Borderlands franchise at PAX East 2019. According to the recently posted schedule, Gearbox is hosting an event on March 28th at 3:00 PM that "will have never-before-seen reveals, exclusives, and surprises" from "the makers of Borderlands, Battleborn, Brothers in Arms, and more." That's not much to go on, and certainly not a promise for a Borderlands 3 reveal, but Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford recently trolled followers on Twitter with references to the number 3, and the developers repeatedly stated that Gearbox was working on Borderlands 3 a little over a year ago. The devs showed off a "Borderlands 3 Tech Demo" based on Unreal Engine 4 at GDC 2017, but they didn't reveal many details about the game itself at the time.

Check out the Borderlands 3 tech demo here.

Gearbox's Randy Pitchford shows off the studio's work so far on the newest Borderlands.

Last edited:
One of those games that is really immersive from using less textures I wonder how this game will look. I still think Borderlands 1 was better than 2 simply because of bosses like Crawmerx and General Knoxx and his secret lewt stash. Borderlands 2 had it's moments basically it was really polished to the point where it's ruined immersion a tad.

I personally loved borderlands 2, I played 1 when it came out and just couldnt get into it. Maybe it just didnt appeal to me at the time. The pre-sequel was horrible IMO. I am excited for a 3rd though!

Microtransactions, paid randomised loot boxes, season passes, preorder bonuses, gameplay designed around pushing the player to spend money.

I'm predicting the majority or items in the game will be class-specific, many random chests will require "keys" to open, and these keys will be rare to find unless you buy them with your own credit card.

My prophecy has been set in stone.

My body is ready....

upload_2019-3-4_14-14-13.png

So finally a game that's actually worth something and not a reskin or a showcase for over priced hardware.

Question is what will it bring that will make me want to play it? I too played the crap out of BL and BL2. Will be interesting to see...

Microtransactions, paid randomised loot boxes, season passes, preorder bonuses, gameplay designed around pushing the player to spend money.

I'm predicting the majority or items in the game will be class-specific, many random chests will require "keys" to open, and these keys will be rare to find unless you buy them with your own credit card.

My prophecy has been set in stone.

You forgot the Battle Royale mode

Hi All

I for one can't wait for information as to when BL 3 will be released. I have all 3 games, an while the a lot of folk didn't like the Pre-Sequel I thought it was fine.

I am cautiously looking forward to BL3. BL2 was awesome. TPS not so much.

And if they want to have a BR mode (and you know they will) that's fine, but don't make the whole game that way. What made BL2 was the writing.

And Claptrap better be a playable character. One of the few decent things about TPS

My borderlands 3 wish list:
+Guns, more glorious guns
-TPS sociopolitical brainwashing

and in my dreams closed servers with hardcore characters stored online a la Diablo II, but that will surely stay in my dreams. I'd also like to play as Brick again, I miss his secret "punch you in the face until you die fighting style".

Loved this serie. The game died during one of BL2 DLC that bored / pissed me to death. Now there is no coming back ...

I hope they can step up for this. They have laid some turds recently though.

Can't wait for all the negative Youtube reviews!

127 hours on borderlands 2, and that is with almost zero end game play, just maxing out each character.

Anyone wanna take bets how they'll screw it up? My money is on micro-transactions and SJW stuff.

• Micro-Transactions?
  • Loot boxes?
  • Day 1 DLC?
  • SJW crap?

Legit question. In my old age i have lost the ability to play FPS for long durations with keyboard/mouse. And my wired 360 controller is starting to go. So what would you recommend for borderlands 3 / division 2? A friend loaned me his steam controller, but it feels more like a toy, the placement of buttons/sticks are reversed vs 360, and its nightmare fuel to find/make configurations.

Anyone wanna take bets how they'll screw it up? My money is on micro-transactions and SJW stuff.

• Micro-Transactions?
  • Loot boxes?
  • Day 1 DLC?
  • SJW crap?

season 1 pass
season 2 pass

I need a map and experienced guide to figure out what version of B2 is the most "complete". I dont even know which ulitmate vault hunter i need to buy to get the max level cap. And B2 had "keys" for opening that chest, though that was easily hacked.

Im just hoping B3 will be modable.

COME ON B3 I WANT A PET BUILD.

Absolutely loved BL2 but I am worried about BL3. Between Randy singing that gamergate song and then Dragonpunk coming out recently saying Gearbox was getting political in hiring interviews.... Now I find out the game is using Unreal 4 (which I have yet to see be done right)... I'm definitely losing hope. I hope I'm wrong given how much I played BL1 & 2.

Legit question. In my old age i have lost the ability to play FPS for long durations with keyboard/mouse. And my wired 360 controller is starting to go. So what would you recommend for borderlands 3 / division 2? A friend loaned me his steam controller, but it feels more like a toy, the placement of buttons/sticks are reversed vs 360, and its nightmare fuel to find/make configurations.

When I use a controller on pc I use one of my xbox one controllers. You can get the windows10 wireless adapter for it as well. Rechargeable nimh batteries ftw. PS4 controllers are decent too but I feel like i dick with it too much getting it to work in games.

Hi All

I for one can't wait for information as to when BL 3 will be released. I have all 3 games, an while the a lot of folk didn't like the Pre-Sequel I thought it was fine.

totally forgot about pre-sequel. I definitely did enjoy playing it but obviously it didn't stick in my mind as much as the other two.

You can get the windows10 wireless adapter for it as well.

Just a reminder for anyone who doesn't know:

All new production XB1 controllers since the S console came out have bluetooth connectivity, so you no longer have to buy the dongle to use the wireless controllers on your PC. That's only required for the first-gen controllers, so basically any pre-2016 mfg'd unit.

watch for sales at walmart or amazon and grab one for 30 bucks they come with bluetooth and detachable USB and if your motherboard doesn't have built in bluetooth you can get the adapter for like $10 i think.

• Micro-Transactions?
  • Loot boxes?
  • Day 1 DLC?
  • SJW crap?

can i take none of the above for 100?

jk i fully expect paid DLC content and whether or not there is SJW crap in the game doesn't have any effect on me playing a fictional game.

Get a X-box elite controller I won one off of Intel Retail Edge and bought one at work before that the buttons don't go bad on them like the regular ones.
I had buttons stick on my Camo X-box controller after 100+ hours of Dark Souls 3.

My GF and I just got done playing through 2 and a few of the DLC's about a month ago, she absolutely loved it. Prior to that, no clue how many times I beat 2 on PS3/Xbox before getting it on PC and pouring hours and hours into it on Steam.

Really hoping the devs step up and knock this out of the park, BL is one of my favorite series.

Lets pray this game stay off Epic or at least make it on Multiple launchers.

They could launch with their own launcher that only has this game and can only be purchased with bitcoin and I would still jump through that shit for this game. lol

Hmm my only issue with BL3 being on multiple launchers is how badly it will fragment the online community unless gearbox/2k host their own centralized server. Otherwise, there's no way Steam players will be able to play with their Epic friends and so forth. THAT is a problem when a single platform (PC) starts splitting up its own player base.

I'm also willing to bet BL3 isn't going to come with the LAN mode that I've enjoyed extensively from BL1&2.

Xbox One controllers for Windows (meaning it comes with a bluetooth dongle) are $50 on Amazon. If you don't care about wireless, Amazon makes their own Xbox One controllers (Amazon Basics) that are wired and are $20. I like my dualshock 4 fine for PS4, but I don't like it on PC so much, wouldn't recommend for that. Plus the battery life on the DS4 is a joke.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Controller-Adapter-Windows/dp/B078T3R8YS ($50)
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Xbox-One-Wired-Controller-Black/dp/B07CZTVHY8 ($25... went up $5 since I bought mine)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
LIES! Girls don't play vidga games!

I saw a post somewhere else, can't remember... a guy and his wife played all of BL2 co-op with 2 TVs in the room side by side. I showed it to my wifey and she laughed her head off.

Back