Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition

dudewth

[H]|G Minecraft Division Leader
Who is buying this? I think I might pre-order it since I liked the first game and the extras actually seem cool. It's expensive at $150. There is a Deluxe Vault Hunter edition with less stuff for $100 as well.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-U...TF8&coliid=I1R1IQT41MWI0R&colid=2LOJWRSJF4DRU

Contents of the Ultimate Loot Chest edition:
ultimatelootchest-1.jpg

Contents of the lesser Deluxe Vault Hunter edition:
deluxevault-1.jpg

Pics of the Loot Chest for size comparison:
chest1.jpg

chest2.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can't quite tell if the loot chest is wide enough for an ITX case...

If it is, then I'd totally pre-order it to make a fun LAN/travel rig. Otherwise, I'll just for the lesser one (I do want the bobblehead :) )

that loot chest is awesome. too bad i refuse to spend more than $20 on video games any more. :/

I wonder if the loot chest is pretty legit or just some cheap plastic crap.

that loot chest is awesome. too bad i refuse to spend more than $20 on video games any more. :/

Just look at is as paying $130 for a load of other stuff and getting the game for $20. :p

I can't quite tell if the loot chest is wide enough for an ITX case...

If it is, then I'd totally pre-order it to make a fun LAN/travel rig. Otherwise, I'll just for the lesser one (I do want the bobblehead :) )

Looking at the gallery here, you can see the same dog wihth an xbox controller (which according to MS is 5.41" so we'll do this in inches) the controller is about 1-2" smaller than the dogs head, say 7" and the dogs head is juust a bit bigger than the chest is wide. So from that i'd say it was about 6"-7" wide and about 5" high to the lip. A 170mm × 170mm mITX is about 6.7" so it might fit...if it doesn't, just go diagonal. :D

Hell of a setup but I look at most of that stuff and I ask myself: How much of that do I actually care about vs. what's getting stuff into a closet somewhere?

$100-$150 isn't chump change.

I'm a huge fan of part 1 and will be getting part 2 but I'm not sure I'm going to go as big as these things.

I suspect it is probably 12 to 14 inches wide. doubtless someone will do a conversion with keyboard and lcd monitors up on top.

damn how I love those red loot chests..... :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That loot chest looks badass, but not for $90 (the rest of the stuff doesn't interest me much).

Is the ultimate loot chest edition sold out?

That's what it looks like.

Well, I guess that makes my choice for me. I was pretty iffy on the big one but I might splurge for that deluxe. We'll see.

LOL someone is already trying to sell the PS3 ultimate loot chest edition on Amazon for $275.

Well just went to my local gamestop and they had the ultimate editions for preorder on all 3 systems. Put $20 down on my copy for the pc.

Damn it. I'm feeling that "video crack addiction" itch just watching that footage.

I'd love to have just the loot chest and the bobblehead with the game. The rest of that stuff would sit in a drawer somewhere.

Just placed my preorder for the loot chest. There are some around in Canada still afaik. Now feeling remorse for spending 150$ on a video game hahaha.

Wow, that looks real neat. Will cancel my pre-order and purchase this.

good luck with that....

these we're all gobbled up as soon as they became available. I doubt very seriously that 2K/Gearbox will have anymore manufactured

Hell of a setup but I look at most of that stuff and I ask myself: How much of that do I actually care about vs. what's getting stuff into a closet somewhere?

$100-$150 isn't chump change.

I'm a huge fan of part 1 and will be getting part 2 but I'm not sure I'm going to go as big as these things.

Pretty much, I looked at the top pic of the entire bundle, then compared to the pic underneath (slightly less shit), and it's pretty much that "notes" thing, and the "lunch box" thing. Comic book download is cool, but if it's like 5 pages, it's not even worth it. Stickers? No thanks, I don't put stickers anywhere (I HATE...stickers on cars). Postcards, really?

Why aren't there cooler things in a $100-150 bundle? Like a giant comic book, or a developer's/behind-the-scenes thing DVD/book? I feel like I'm buying something out of a quarter machine, you know, when you put a 50 cents in and you expect this awesome thing to come out, but it's just cheap plastic and you throw it away after you get it.

I'll pass, the game's enough for me. If they had what I mentioned above, I'd gladly pay $150 or more.

Pretty much, I looked at the top pic of the entire bundle, then compared to the pic underneath (slightly less shit), and it's pretty much that "notes" thing, and the "lunch box" thing. Comic book download is cool, but if it's like 5 pages, it's not even worth it. Stickers? No thanks, I don't put stickers anywhere (I HATE...stickers on cars). Postcards, really?

Why aren't there cooler things in a $100-150 bundle? Like a giant comic book, or a developer's/behind-the-scenes thing DVD/book? I feel like I'm buying something out of a quarter machine, you know, when you put a 50 cents in and you expect this awesome thing to come out, but it's just cheap plastic and you throw it away after you get it.

I'll pass, the game's enough for me. If they had what I mentioned above, I'd gladly pay $150 or more.

Soundtracks on disc with high audio quality and nice artbooks are what I'm about if I splurge on an LE. Some mystifying choices on these LEs for some of these games to be sure.

For now, I have a preorder for the Deluxe Vault version of Borderlands 2 at $79.99 thanks to some Amazon credit. I *might* splurge for that just because I'm a Borderlands whore and it does have an artbook but I'm really 50/50 about it.

I have plenty of time, though. :)

Soundtracks on disc with high audio quality and nice artbooks are what I'm about if I splurge on an LE. Some mystifying choices on these LEs for some of these games to be sure.

For now, I have a preorder for the Deluxe Vault version of Borderlands 2 at $79.99 thanks to some Amazon credit. I *might* splurge for that just because I'm a Borderlands whore and it does have an artbook but I'm really 50/50 about it.

I have plenty of time, though. :)

I may dig in for $79.99, but since it's not that at retail I'll pass. When's the release date again?

I ordered it for my 11 year old and he looked so happy it was worth every penny!

I'm pissed.
I paid for my pre-order and they sold it to someone else.
Damn Gamestop.

They didnt give you the full 48 hour hold?

All pre-orders are given 48 hours of hold, if they didnt do that, you can steam roll into there, talk to the manager, and request things for your trouble, thats something they SHOULD NOT have done.

I'm pissed.
I paid for my pre-order and they sold it to someone else.
Damn Gamestop.

This is why i haven't been back to a Gamestop in years. I preordered some Capcom game and begged the day before could i come get it. They said no; against company policy. So the next morning I'm there by 9:15. No Collector's Edition for me. Told me that they preordered 15 copies for the store and mine didn't come. I can't get my money back either but I can get store credit.

Never ever, ever, ordered another thing from Gamestop. I advise you learn from this and stay away also.

This is why i haven't been back to a Gamestop in years. I preordered some Capcom game and begged the day before could i come get it. They said no; against company policy. So the next morning I'm there by 9:15. No Collector's Edition for me. Told me that they preordered 15 copies for the store and mine didn't come. I can't get my money back either but I can get store credit.

Never ever, ever, ordered another thing from Gamestop. I advise you learn from this and stay away also.

What a bunch of idiots, I wouldn't treat people like that, regardless of whether or not it was company policy. Fuck policy if you're being dicks to your customers.

Haven't given Gamestop two cents for years especially after the "used games sold as new" flap and some other things. Amazon, Newegg, Steam, GMG, etc. etc. all kick their ass with ease.

Haven't given Gamestop two cents for years especially after the "used games sold as new" flap and some other things. Amazon, Newegg, Steam, GMG, etc. etc. all kick their ass with ease.

Yeah I've been on the Steam/GMG kick as of lately, only thing different was that I did go into a Gamestop literally 100 feet from my house to pick up a box copy of GW2 to go along with my other GW1+Expac. boxes. :)

Back