Borderlands 2 - Sept 18 2012

I want more depth, but more importantly, non-shitty voice acting. Stop hiring your relatives and friends who can't even read properly for voice acting positions, gaming companies...

Looks enjoyable, and I'm glad that Gearbox still has a lighthearted "fun-first" take on the whole thing. Seems like it could really be great. Still trying to work out if Zero is male or female...

All I want is more depth.

Me, too but other than that this is an easy preorder for me.

Easily another hundred some odd hours I'm looking at here unless they really screw the pooch somehow which I don't think they will.

Last edited:
Me, too but other than that this is an easy preorder for me.

Easily another hundred some odd hours I'm looking at here unless they really screw the pooch somehow which I don't think they will.

I pretty much lost interest after completing the General Knoxx expansion. I just got so sick of doing fetch quests. I felt like I was running a mouse wheel. It really seemed like I was playing a MMO but playing an MMO where everyone had stopped playing.

Another thing I want to see in this new one is more diversity and life in the towns. Borderlands seemed so dead. Towns were there just to get quests and items/ammo. They could have just put up a quest machine and a vendor to replace the town.

Borderlands had so much potential in that aspect that they didn't capitalize on. If the settlements would have been more lively and interactive I could have easily spent more time playing the game.

I pretty much lost interest after completing the General Knoxx expansion. I just got so sick of doing fetch quests.

It's probably a good idea you quit after Knoxx then, the claptrap expansion was even more brutual for the fetch quests. Fetch 25 claptrap pieces, fetch 50 pieces, fetch 75 pieces, fetch 100 pieces, fetch 125 pieces, fetch 150 pieces, you're done, and you get nothing for it. All one after another. It was still sort of funny but I'm not going to give spoilers. But at that point I said, if there was another, I'm going to quit. Luckily it was done at 150. But having to blow up 500 claptraps for a single quest line was obnoxious.

I pretty much lost interest after completing the General Knoxx expansion. I just got so sick of doing fetch quests. I felt like I was running a mouse wheel. It really seemed like I was playing a MMO but playing an MMO where everyone had stopped playing.

Another thing I want to see in this new one is more diversity and life in the towns. Borderlands seemed so dead. Towns were there just to get quests and items/ammo. They could have just put up a quest machine and a vendor to replace the town.

Borderlands had so much potential in that aspect that they didn't capitalize on. If the settlements would have been more lively and interactive I could have easily spent more time playing the game.

I don't don't disagree with these criticisms. The fetching was indeed a bit overdone.

you guys will hate me for saying this but I don't think borderlands was anything special. you could reload the level and farm item boxes over and over, awesome guns were so easy to get cause of this. I think the only reason people played this game including me was cause there was nothing else new to play when it was released. if it came out at the same time a half decent game was released I don't think anyone would have touched it.

It's probably a good idea you quit after Knoxx then, the claptrap expansion was even more brutual for the fetch quests. Fetch 25 claptrap pieces, fetch 50 pieces, fetch 75 pieces, fetch 100 pieces, fetch 125 pieces, fetch 150 pieces, you're done, and you get nothing for it. All one after another. It was still sort of funny but I'm not going to give spoilers. But at that point I said, if there was another, I'm going to quit. Luckily it was done at 150. But having to blow up 500 claptraps for a single quest line was obnoxious.

the most annoying part about the clap trap expansion is that i finished the primary clap trap quest before having to do anything else in that area. which in turn throws you to the very beginning point of the game. so i then had to go on the wiki to figure out how the heck to get back to the claptrap area which took me another 45 minutes to do. only to find out the last quest was the one you just mentioned above.

why do manufacturer's wait until the Fall to release all the big games...wouldn't it make more sense to release them earlier in the year due to less competition?...or are there studies which show people don't buy games until after the Summer.../rant

FOV and resolution support hints at multi-monitor love, but I remain aloof.

"Clap"+"Trap" is probably one of the most anti-sensual word combinations in the English language.

FOV and resolution support hints at multi-monitor love, but I remain aloof.

"Clap"+"Trap" is probably one of the most anti-sensual word combinations in the English language.

well, the resulting word's definition doesn't help, either :p

Borderlands was one of the best games i've ever played in terms of replay value and total value. i can't wait for the 2nd

I don't make any excuses for how part one game out of the box but thankfully we got this: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=85874

I think the version of that game out maybe a week or so after the game came out.

Hey, at least on the PC there's ways to get help.

At least what I'm seeing here (hopefully) is Gearbox at least saying: Ok, you won't need to rely on some third party fix when this thing comes out so at least that's a step forward.

I have to give Gearbox credit. Even on a disaster like DNF they're responsive, they have good dialog with gamers, and they just strike me as pretty cool.

Again, not an excuse at all. Borderlands out of the box on the PC needed some help. No question about it. The default FOV made baby Q wanna cry in that thing and that configurator saved me.

It would be/will be nice if that game releases and it's basically ready to go on the PC and a outside configurator isn't necessary this time around.

Who wants to take bets that, just like Borderlands 1, it won't support any form of anti-aliasing.

Who wants to take bets that, just like Borderlands 1, it won't support any form of anti-aliasing.

if its developed toward being used on the new xbox/play station, it will have AA support. but more then likely they may go the easy route and just use FXAA.

why do manufacturer's wait until the Fall to release all the big games...wouldn't it make more sense to release them earlier in the year due to less competition?...or are there studies which show people don't buy games until after the Summer.../rant

christmas marketing.. if they release it in September the price will stay the same all the way through Christmas. if they release it during the summer then by christmas they will have already had to drop the price on the game. typically you will pick up more sales during the holiday season then the summer because parents will be much more willing to buy a game for their kids then they would during the summer. yep thats right i said kids, because us older gamers don't mean squat when it comes to marketing numbers/profit.

Last edited:
Well, if FXAA is done right, then it won't really make a difference to me. It may not be higher subpixel resolving, however, if it still reaches the same end result, I'm not going to complain about it.

May 15

Back