Borderlands 2 Pre-order now at GMG

MavericK

Zero Cool
Not on sale, but the deal is that if you got one of those 20% off coupons from the free games they gave out, you can use it on this, making it a pretty decent deal. You also get the pre-order bonuses like the fifth class.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/borderlands-2-na/

Finally, a chance to use my credit! :D

$48 after 20% off code.

Total cost to me with credit: $4.00 :cool:

EDIT: Also, if you are a new user, I can provide a referral link for an extra $2 credit as well.

EDIT 2: Apparently this is also a 20% off coupon code: PARTP-ALCNO-TIESU

Last edited:
Sent code, and yeah it's a better deal via Steam if you want a 4-pack, but I also had a ton of credit from GMG so if anyone else does as well, it's a good deal. Or if they just want one copy, it's still a better deal than Steam with the code.

If it hooks into you like it did me, you will be playing BL1 until BL2 comes out especially with the DLC.

Word. Very rarely do I get into pre-orders, but Borderlands was just great. I picked up the first one late in the game (paid around $20 for the game and all DLC), but I finally uninstalled it last night at 94 hours logged. That's a pretty fair amount of game for my money. I've got no qualms about dropping $40 to get in on a 4-pack of BL2.

garg I want to say no because i see a diablo 3/TF2/lol microtransaction "give us all your fucking money for useless status and pay-per-item now kthx" orgy looming. If indeed it happens I will write off Gearbox for good. The last game got some longer legs from the DLC but they were much too greedy for such little content additions. I didn't get mad because I got in late with the combo Steam sales and found out about it later on, but if I had gotten on at the ground floor, paid full price, and had to deal with such greedy rubbish as it happened then I probably wouldn't be playing Borderlands 2 at all.

But I just bought a 4-pack. Please don't let my cynicism of modern gaming continue its depressing run of accuracy. Just. Please.

This is only the 6th or so pc game I've ever bought at release for (near) full price. But I put 370 hours into Borderlands to date.

Last edited:
Amazon is giving $18 off the $54 preorder for people who bought Borderlands GOTY from them. Offer seems to be automatic, ie you will get an email if eligible.

I ordered it from GMG just a couple of minutes ago. It is now $49.99 so it becomes an even $40 with a 20% coupon. GMG is really beating everyone for me, 75% of all the preorders I did went to them. Borderlands 2 I was planning on waiting for the first 50% off steam sale or similar, but getting it for $40 (less than doing a 4pack group) is so worth it.

I got in on a 4-pack deal with someone from the UK who also had the Steam "loyalty discount" for having bought Borderlands 1. Came out to slightly more than $32 USD per person. (The Steam UK price for a 4-pack for someone who bought the first game on Steam is 80.99 GBP)

Who says pre-orders have to be a ripoff heh.

I ordered it from GMG just a couple of minutes ago. It is now $49.99 so it becomes an even $40 with a 20% coupon.

That...is annoying. I've submitted a support ticket seeing if they will credit me $10 to my GMG account. Feeling kinda ripped off that I pre-ordered on the first day only to have them drop the price $10 the next day.

On a related note, for console pre-orders, it seems Gamestop is the only one that has any exclusive DLC content for preordering. Amazon is offering a $10 future credit on Amazon purchases.

Does anyone know if the Gamestop DLC is going to stay exclusive, or will it be available as a separate purchase after release? After the amazon credit, no sales tax and free release day delivery (Prime subscriber) ordering from Gamestop with 1 day delivery and tax costs me $25 more than Amazon. The closest Gamestop is 40 miles away, so shipping is the only option for me.

I asked the Gearbox representative about the Gamestop exclusive on another forum, and his response was:
GBX_AdamF said:
That is a GS only thing but it will be available to everyone in other avenues later on.
(Bear in mind that I was asking about it with regards to PC)

I bought a pre-order from gmg just an hour ago. So happy!
D3 = flop = eh, blizz is off my list

There are definitely a lot of new games on my schedule. I just got max Payne 3 and preorder for GW2
Borderlands 2 = oh yeah baby!
Path of Exile = do the open beta final wipe already!

next year: Grim Dawn

I never did pre-orders before but these are all worthwhile ! (sans D3)

the sooner PoE wipes, the sooner we get our real chars.
I stopped playing after a wipe a couple months ago and heard they were going to wipe again.

There will be many more players like me who come back to play PoE who are waiting for the final wipe.

I just bought a co-op digital collectors expansion. so I'll be there in the alpha too!

Bought the 4-pack off of Amazon. Want to sell 2 copies for $39 each. Heat in sig. PM me!

EDIT: All gone! Copies reserved for jakuum and Blue Fox.

Last edited:
Use coupon code "PARTP-ALCNO-TIESU" at GMG, brings it down to $40.

(thank bowhunter)

I bit for $40. BL1 was one of my favorite games in the last few years.

Caved, decided to pick up a copy. Now I just need to figure out a time when I can play :(

Sweet, $40 beats my Loot Chest Edition at Game Stop for $150, going to cancel that tomorrow or Monday. I wanted the Bobble head, but I can just get that on Ebay after the game is out :D

Back