Borderlands 2 GOTY $9.99 COD 4 $4.99 Get Games

Thanks. Been waiting for this one. Worked great. Received key instantly. Activated with Steam in no time!

If you don't yet own Borderlands 2 (or Borderlands for that matter), man are you missing out if you don't grab this.

Stupid question. The site says its the Mac version. But the key is universal, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, If I had read better, I'd have seen it say PC & Mac in the description.

I wonder how much more I'll have to buy to "complete" BL2 if I buy GOTY.

Great deal, though.

Great deal, though.

A ton
I don't know what is with companies these days releasing GOTY editions that aren't GOTY editions. :rolleyes:

A ton
I don't know what is with companies these days releasing GOTY editions that aren't GOTY editions. :rolleyes:

well i feel the ultimate vault hunter pack 2 is almost needed if you get deep into the game which goes for 5 bucks so you can get to level 72 and OP levels. The other stuff are head hunter packs which are mainly for skins and heads. And getting special skins and stuff is also not included but in no way do i feel like it is needed.

Would be nice to have everything in goty edition but i still think 15 bucks for goty + pack 2 is still a good deal. I wouldn't call it a ton of stuff missing. They also offer skins and guns for free during holidays with shift codes and i think most of them still work from this year.

I think the people who really got ripped by gearbox are the ones who got season pass expecting most of the new content to be free.

Last edited:
A ton

It was GOTY at the time they released the GOTY. Then they decided to release a few more minor DLC's. So not really a sinister plot but more the way things worked out.

And at 10 bucks, please. The main 4 DLC's are really the only you need, especially DLC4.

Great deal, though.

it comes with all of the main dlc, the only ones missing will run you less than $5 whenever steam has a sale again, and the rest is cosmetic.

A ton

Um.. you act like the GOTY version just came out.

It's been out for a long while and they released more content after that, sooo.....

Um.. you act like the GOTY version just came out.

It's been out for a long while and they released more content after that, sooo.....

Exactly my point the GOTY didn't come out long after the main game. GOTY editions used to come out after all content was released and included EVERY addon.

Exactly my point the GOTY didn't come out long after the main game. GOTY editions used to come out after all content was released and included EVERY addon.

Still having trouble grasping this concept eh.

Let's try this again.. The GOTY *did* come out after all content was released, and included every add on.. However because the game was still hugely popular and people were clamoring for more content, they released some more minor and cosmetic content.

If anything, the developer should be commended for continuing to support it long after release, something increasingly rare for developers these days.

My advice is don't buy the game. Instead, miss out on a great game at an absurdly low price because it doesn't fit your ideal of what constitutes a GOTY.

Last edited:
Wonder if the COD games work for Multiplayer with the Steam Sharing that's out of beta finally.
Sharing with my Father in law, nephew, and brother in law. We get together about once a month and would be nice to run around on COD:MW since the maps are small 4 people is good for it.

Still having trouble grasping this concept eh.

Let's try this again.. The GOTY *did* come out after all content was released, and included every add on.. However because the game was still hugely popular and people were clamoring for more content, they released some more minor and cosmetic content.

If anything, the developer should be commended for continuing to support it long after release, something increasingly rare for developers these days.

My advice is don't buy the game. Instead, miss out on a great game at an absurdly low price because it doesn't fit your ideal of what constitutes a GOTY.

I have to agree with scgt1. A GOTY has historically contained ALL DLC and not just some. I think the normal approach is to finish all the DLC and then offer a GOTY.

If I had bought it not reading this thread I would have been irritated. Instead, I'll just wait for it to got to $7.49 or so and pick up the remaining DLC at 75% off.

I agree with your point that it is nice that the developers really supported the game. However, I think the GOTY came out too quickly and as a result, feels too close to a possible attempt to mislead.

Mislead who for what purpose?

The only people making these ridiculous claims are those who have no idea what they're talking about.

And for the record I'm a season pass holder and not only did I get exactly the dlc promised before hand but an extra one that was not advertised as part of the deal so no, to the other ridiculous claim that we felt ripped off, we didn't and it was an awesome bonus

I have to agree with scgt1. A GOTY has historically contained ALL DLC and not just some. I think the normal approach is to finish all the DLC and then offer a GOTY.

If I had bought it not reading this thread I would have been irritated. Instead, I'll just wait for it to got to $7.49 or so and pick up the remaining DLC at 75% off.

I agree with your point that it is nice that the developers really supported the game. However, I think the GOTY came out too quickly and as a result, feels too close to a possible attempt to mislead.

Borderlands 2 released September 18, 2012
Borderlands 2 GOTY edition released October 8th 2013

Not sure how it "came out too quickly". A year later is about average for GOTY's. I'm glad the developer bucked the trend and continued supporting the game past the GOTY release. The slickdeals bottomfeeders that can never be satisfied should just avoid this game. Seriously.

Back