Borderlands 2 $25 @ Amazon starting at 17:10 PST on 11/22

sparks

2[H]4U
Amazon has this going on this afternoon.
pre black friday
Borderlands 2 for $25!
Deal starts at
5:10 PM PST

been wanting this, good deal?

Yes! They improved on the original game in pretty much every way possible and fixed some of the biggest pain points (like quest concurrency).

I bought it and the season pass as a preorder. I played through 2.5 times, and was farming bosses. They just released a patch that nerfed the top end items that everyone spent days farming. I would estimate that 25% of the players, myself and all BL2 friends I had on steam, stopped playing the game due to this. That being said, I believe that the game will be <25 bucks in a month or two. If you want it now, 25 bucks is a good price.

I would estimate that 25% of the players, myself and all BL2 friends I had on steam, stopped playing the game due to this.

Really? Sure you didn't just get sick of 'farming'? Because that doesn't sound like much fun to begin with.
I hear people all the time getting pissed that their favourite broken gun in Battlefield is nerfed and stop playing but borderlands? It isn't even PVP.

I bought it and the season pass as a preorder. I played through 2.5 times, and was farming bosses. They just released a patch that nerfed the top end items that everyone spent days farming. I would estimate that 25% of the players, myself and all BL2 friends I had on steam, stopped playing the game due to this. That being said, I believe that the game will be <25 bucks in a month or two. If you want it now, 25 bucks is a good price.

Yeah, I wish they had never released the Bee as powerful as it was, it nearly put you in God mode, nerfing it re-balanced the game if you ask me.

Even if you only do a single play through, it's well worth the $25 price tag and I don't expect you'll see it go much lower than that for a good while. It's a perfectly fun game for solo play and there are a lot of [H] members playing online you can easily join up with.

Also, I fixed your title to include more information. :)

Well, I would say that several things happened to cause the 25% drop. Black Ops 2 was released, the nerf of the guns/shields, and yes, probably the fact that after beating the game, farming and farming more for gear (mind you, a lot of people acquired gear by altering config files and not farming). All this happening around the same time might be the reason.

with all the free BL2 game codes that come with graphic cards I bet you will be able to get this on ebay for like $ 15-20.

Thanks Oldie and I/O for fixing this up.
I was not sure if it was hot so I didn't link it.

I know what you mean on the video card keys.
2 friends got 670's and only because of the keys that came with the cards.
(they got 670's instead of 7950's because of the games)

I'll bite at $25, thanks for the heads up. I doubt it will get any lower prior to the December Steam sale (if even then).

Also, I didn't spend a lot of time on ebay, but didn't see any codes cheaper than $30. And not too many in total.

Edit: is the $25 sale on PC? PC download? Console? All of them?

Last edited:
I'll bite at $25, thanks for the heads up. I doubt it will get any lower prior to the December Steam sale (if even then).

Also, I didn't spend a lot of time on ebay, but didn't see any codes cheaper than $30. And not too many in total.

I saw a bunch for $20 and its only going to get cheaper as soon as more appear aka, most people that buy a game card since they are serious gamers and most likely already have BL2.
however not everyone wants to deal with that so this is a great deal.

I saw a bunch for $20 and its only going to get cheaper as soon as more appear aka, most people that buy a game card since they are serious gamers and most likely already have BL2.

Hmmmm.... must be having some trouble with my search fu today then, or the cheap ones have all been cleared out for now. But you're right, as more cards are bought, more cheap codes should show up.

Hmmmm.... must be having some trouble with my search fu today then, or the cheap ones have all been cleared out for now. But you're right, as more cards are bought, more cheap codes should show up.

yeah they must have sold cuz I look today and cheapest is over $25. But its good for me cuz i will be selling both AC2 and BL2 when I get the GTX 670

They pulled the ad and telling people that asked that it never existed.
SO we just made it up?
3 pages of flames on their site and counting. WHOOPS 2nd thread with 2 more pages.
Isn't this deceptive advertising?

The digital download is $29 today. Couldn't resist, even though I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it.

Back