Borderland GOTY - $7.50 - Steam

In for one. Never played it, and it looks like it would be a fun co-op game with the brothers.

Really great game. In for one. thinking about getting the 4 pack to give to friends since this is *really* fun co-op.

Have it, but I'm still in for the goty for $7.50. You can't beat that! LAN tomorrow after work, woo!

Have the DVD version but this seems to be the cheapest way to get all of the expansions...

I was kinda irritated when I bought the GOTY.. I bought the regular version back in decemeber steam sales.. Was expecting the game to show up as a giftable copy and just get the DLC, but no, it actually overwrites my original version..

And to top it all off, ever since DL'ing the GOTY edition, I cannot play it as now I get an error about connecting to the Key server and none of their troubleshooting solves it.. Laaame..

Awesome value nonetheless.. I ended up buying 3 copies and giving them out to a few friends.. and THEN i found the 4-pack.. grumble grumble..

Surprised this deal is still going on, thought it would end today at 10am PST.

I was kinda irritated when I bought the GOTY.. I bought the regular version back in decemeber steam sales.. Was expecting the game to show up as a giftable copy and just get the DLC, but no, it actually overwrites my original version..

And to top it all off, ever since DL'ing the GOTY edition, I cannot play it as now I get an error about connecting to the Key server and none of their troubleshooting solves it.. Laaame..

Awesome value nonetheless.. I ended up buying 3 copies and giving them out to a few friends.. and THEN i found the 4-pack.. grumble grumble..

I had that same issue. I am trying to delete the whole game and download it again. The first time I downloaded it is said it was 7000 MB...this time...12000MB.

Edit: I think it works now. Gives me several key codes to activate DLC from inside the game. Tells you to write it down. I didn't do it because the main game is still downloading, but it seems to work.

Last edited:
can't wait to play this tonight on PC as I originally had it for xbox and well console fps's are troublesome lol

Last edited:
Does anyone still play regular borderlands at all, or even the expansions?

I was having a hard time finding a game in the lobby, I started thinking it was firewall related, but didn't want to waste time if it wasn't the problem. There was a fair amount of talk about port forwarding on the web, but without knowing if I was onto something that would help, I gave up earlie-ish.

Meh, I bought borderlands a while back. I got bored really quickly. It would have been better with friends, but my friends had gotten tired of it months before I bought it. Still a darn good price though.

My entire crew still plays borderlands from time to time, but we don't use the official system or anything, we all play via Tunngle (similar to Hamachi). Plenty of people play Borderlands on tunngle.

Anyone who has downloaded it already know where the PDF map they are supposedly including is located?

Edit: found it. Steam Apps > Borderlands > Common > PandoraMAPGOTY (or something like that, going off memory)

Last edited:
What is the point of playing over a virtual lan as opposed to just playing on the internet through steam?

What is the point of playing over a virtual lan as opposed to just playing on the internet through steam?

It's not through Steam. It's through the Gamespy service, which, at launch, was HORRIBLE. Lots of lag, dropped connections, everything seemed to be going wrong. A lot of people went forward from that with the bad experiences in mind and searched for other ways to play together (Himachi, Gameranger, etc.), and many just don't see the point in trying out Gamespy again because they like the way they've gotten used to it.

It's gotten better since launch, but still not perfect. Lag spikes can be common, and I wonder how that is on other services.

Well with that info I wont bother buying the game. Seems like the community must be highly fragmented.

you won't be buying it because the sale was over yesterday at noon. this other stuff is just excuses. I found the game to be more fun in SP mode and I put a ton of hours into it.

Borderlands is an incredibly fun game that has a solid single player experience that is even better in multiplayer, just like Diablo II. There is no fragmentation in the "Borderlands community" because there really isn't a Borderlands community. This isn't an MMO, this is a Diablo II clone in first person with a post apocalyptic setting involving two metric shit tons of cel shading. Know what you're buying. I've never used any Borderlands forums, joined random games, etc. None of that. I played it alone and with close friends only via Tunngle, and it was and still is a huge fucking blast. Value-for-money @ 7.50 there isn't much else out there that comes near it... Civ IV Complete Edition... the King's Bounty Trilogy... a couple others, and only when on super-huge sales themselves.

Sigh, I saw 3/4 of these 2k deals, the one I missed is the only one I didn't own and would of bought...

I think normal game was $7.50 over Christmas, but game of the year edition for that price is an awesome sale. If 4 pack pricing was -75% too then $22.50 is a superb price and I know three other people that would play it.

I do hope this comes back.

Back