Booting prob w/ 2 HDs....

Zick

Gawd
Quick summary, originally had two hard drives set up with one having Windows 2K & XP and the other one with just XP.
Drive 1=Win2k, XP 20GB
Drive 2=XP 80GB
I used to get a boot screen for all three operating systems.
I just got a new ABIT NF7-S, 2600+, and Memory. But before putting that together I used the old system to delete and reformat Drive 1. Put together the new system and installed a fresh copy of XP onto drive 1, but I left drive 2 alone.
Now the problem is when it boots up, it does not give me a choice of which operating system to boot to. It just boots to drive 1 only. I have tried unplugging drive 1 and setting drive 2 to master and booting but it gives me an error that its missing the NTLDR. I have tried recopying the NTLDR back on to it but no luck. If I have both drive plugged in, I can still access most of Drive 2 but I can't access my administrative folders, I get an access is denied. I can't figure out how to gain access to these folders. :confused:

Ack another sysprep not being used victim. :(

Have you tried taking ownership of the files?

Right click folder, select properties -- security -- advanced -- Owner

The rest should be self explanitory.

Originally posted by Muir
Ack another sysprep not being used victim. :(

Have you tried taking ownership of the files?

Right click folder, select properties -- security -- advanced -- Owner

The rest should be self explanitory.

I've tried going into the properties of the folders but I dont get the Security tab:confused:
If I remember correctly isn't there an option to turn on first before I'll get this?

Thanks

EDIT: Found out to take ownership, but now I've got to figure out my booting problem.

Back