BootCamp Partition Question

Hello all,

I have a Windows 7 bootcamp partition and I was wondering if it's possible to add more space to that partition by giving more mac space without having to reformat my entire hard drive. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

You should be able to just do this in the OSX Bootcamp Partition Manager, without problems.

EDIT: Appears that after you install Windows you cannot.

Well, I don't claim to be a bootcamp expert, but I would say you're SOL outside of a third party program, which as mentioned above, I would be wary of.

You won't have to reformat the drive per-se, but you'll have to delete the Windows Partition and then re-partition the drive. All of that can be done without destroying the portion that contains OSX. I realize that isn't ideal, but so long as you have time and there wasn't anything mission critical on the Windows side, it's just an inconvenience.

You should be able to resize the Windows partition using GParted

Make sure you backup your system before attempting anything. Even "non-destructive" partition edits can be dangerous.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I have a macbook with a bootcamped windows 7 partition. I looked into it further and I won't be able to add more memory to my windows 7 partition without fully deleting it and adding it back on. This summer when I'm out of school I just reinstall everything and start from a clean slate. Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it.-

Back