bootcamp issue /xp

Julius

Limp Gawd
Hey, I'm trying to bootcamp and install windows xp but i ran into a problem.

I bought up the bootcamp asst. and partition the hard drive like instructions state. In this case I gave Windows XP 80GB, i inserted the XP disc and the system took and restarted. I got to the Windows XP setup part and it finished, then it restarted, went back to a black screen asking to press any button to boot.

If I didn't press any button, the phrase "disk error" pops up, then nothing happens...

What do I do now?

i'd just boot back into osx and re-do it all from the beginning.

make sure you reformat the windows partition to ntfs (by default bootcamp assistant formats it fat32)

Also, after installation is complete, make sure you don't have the XP CD in the SuperDrive. Also, remember that after successful XP installation, to insert your OS X disc in to install the BootCamp Windows drivers.

Also, after installation is complete, make sure you don't have the XP CD in the SuperDrive. Also, remember that after successful XP installation, to insert your OS X disc in to install the BootCamp Windows drivers.

Exactly at what point is Windows XP consider succesful, after the whole partition reformat thing or after where it's asking me to create user/fix screen resolution size?

Exactly at what point is Windows XP consider succesful, after the whole partition reformat thing or after where it's asking me to create user/fix screen resolution size?

Once you're able to boot into Windows XP, see the start menu, etc. At that point, you'd insert your OS X disc and install said drivers.

Back