Boot directly to Media Center or other software

darknite

Gawd
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but
What i am trying to do is have a laptop boot directly into Windows Media Center or some other program that connects directly to my lil file server. (windows 7)
I want it to bypass the load screen etc so that the kids or whoever just uses to stream video and nothing else.
Any suggestions would be great. Im pretty open to whatever software works. I got ps3 media server and tversity on here. Kinda like those.
From what i've read there really isn't an easy way to do it. What can yall tell me?

Not sure what you mean by go directly to streaming media and avoid load screens, but you can hit windows key+r and type "control userpasswords2" without quotes, and uncheck the 'users must enter a user name and password to use this computer, then it should prompt you for a username and password to use. Then you can put a link to WMC in your startup folder, that should allow you to turn on the computer and go directly to Windows Media Center.

i want it to be able to boot right into some other software other than the desktop. Whats the best way to do that? Ill try what you said and see what happens.

i want it to be able to boot right into some other software other than the desktop. Whats the best way to do that? Ill try what you said and see what happens.
Reread his post carefully. He already told you.

Ok, well if you just meant go directly to WMC, you're good to go with what I already told you. Sorry, it's just that we get all sorts on the internet, and bypassing loading screens I interpreted as bypassing WMC's loading screens (because there is somebody out there that will care about such a thing...), for just bypassing the windows loading screeen and login screen you're set.

Back