Boot Camp Help

brewcrew814

Limp Gawd
Hi All,
I just recently upgraded my HDD from the 80 gig drive to the Hitachi 7200 RPM 200 gig drive. I wanted to dual boot windows xp on my MacBook.
When I went to the Applications>Utilities folder there was no Boot Camp Assistnant in the directory. I have MAC OS X 10.5.2 version

Anyone know If I'm going to have to just reinstall from the disks provided?
I used Time Machine from a backup I had on an external drive to install to the new drive as an FYI. Thanks in Advance!!

I would say download the 10.5.2 combo updater from apples site. That will let you reinstall the update. Not sure if it will restore your missing boot camp assistant but it's worth a shot and shouldn't harm your system. You said you had a time machine backup... how far back does it go? Have you tried looking for boot camp assistant there?

Just tried downloading and reinstalling the updater. It wasn't on my time machine backup, I actually did updates when I first got the computer so I'm not even sure if boot camp was on it when I first got the comp. It's not even a week old yet. I think I will just try and do a complete reinstall.

Back